PDA

View Full Version : Please Give Info Spinned OUt:(

hypno_nls1
11-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I spinned out today, rear wheel drive sometimes backfires. well i went over a curb - back rear tire bent in but looks liek nothign major got hurt but the problem is after i drove it off the curb and almsot half way across the street the clutch decide to stop working. i dont think the clutch is gone cuz i wouldnt have been able to move it, any thoughts?

Chris de la Cruz
11-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Holy ****ing english batman. Your wheel backfires? wtf?

Boots R
11-05-2007, 10:34 PM
I have a thought. Bring it to a mechanic.

hypno_nls1
11-05-2007, 10:34 PM
lolz no - the fun of rear wheel drive backfires sometimes

hypno_nls1
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
im obviously going to bring it to a mechanic - but mechanics have been known to turn one problem into a 100000 bill

europrince
11-05-2007, 11:22 PM
im obviously going to bring it to a mechanic - but mechanics have been known to turn one problem into a 100000 bill

bring it to 3 mechanics for estimates and choose the best one ;)

vadim321go
11-05-2007, 11:29 PM
while ur there, get hooked on phonics so we know what ur saying :S

like wtf does this mean: the fun of rear wheel drive backfires sometimes

vadim321go
11-05-2007, 11:29 PM
btw since ur in ajax, go to mark @ autobahn east! he will take care of you, hes my trusted mechanic :)

Chris de la Cruz
11-05-2007, 11:32 PM
ajax? do you drive a black e30? white wheels? bad grammar?

Paul Christians?

Boots R
11-05-2007, 11:34 PM
strokkkkerrrrrrrr!!!!1111

e30_kid89
11-05-2007, 11:52 PM
preal neckleas.........hehehe!

Eurostyle
11-06-2007, 12:39 AM
ajax? do you drive a black e30? white wheels? bad grammar?

Paul Christians?

Now that would be funny!!! ROFL

BMW_7
11-06-2007, 08:23 AM
preal neckleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UltimateDriv
11-06-2007, 09:14 AM
spinned out?

Meegis
11-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Wow. This thread is bringing back some awesome quotes...

But to keep it on topic, it is very possible that when you hit the curb you knocked some stuff loose and it is causing problems with the shifter and/or gearing. How hard did you hit? Also, you said you drove off the curb, how far on the curb were you? Could have easily mashed up some mechanicals...

Anyways, take it to a mechanic, get everything checked, fix it and youll be fine.

Ok Bye.

myndgone
11-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Soulja Boy?

bmwm5lover
11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
LMAO.
Tahst all.

Terry

5JABIJ8
11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
I am not sure if subframes on Sedan's are the like the subframes on the coupe E36's. However on the E36 coupe if the subframes cracks/breaks away from the body it becomes more unstable causing it to fish tale and even spin out.

JMW
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
lmfao....sounds like my situation 2 years ago haha
memories...

kevin325
11-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Soulja Boy?

supaman that hoe

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 10:37 PM
you guys got lots of jokes, thank god u of t is giving me a scholarship for my english mark - i guess you dont know what writing devices are.

e30_kid89
11-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Okay since you've let us all know you're good with English, can you please explain properly what the hell happened if you want us to give you some help?

dbworld4k
11-06-2007, 10:41 PM
you guys got lots of jokes, thank god u of t is giving me a scholarship for my english mark - i guess you dont know what writing devices are.
Scholarship from UfT based on your English mark(s)? What program did you apply for, Drama?

PS. Scholarships from Sheridan or George Brown don't count :)

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 10:47 PM
when you have a 98 in english and you apply for the essay competition and win, its not that hard to win the sisam forestry award

Chris de la Cruz
11-06-2007, 10:48 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MiNZiHXwWEE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MiNZiHXwWEE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 10:48 PM
no one said anything about a fully paid scholarship

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry, I did not realize I was in a classroom right now. My mistake for believing that I could write without care, when talking on a forum. Apparently I am speaking with grown men who sit at their comptuter all day looking for improper grammer

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 10:54 PM
If you did not know, rear wheel-drive is easier to spin out than front wheel drive. That is why I said - the fun of rear wheel drive sometimes backfires - if i had gone with some japanese crap that was front wheel drive, my back end would not have whipped out causing me to spin the way that I did. Hopefully we can all come to a mutual understand of what I meant and maybe focus on the question at hand. Thanks for all the help, join a ****ing forum looking for people with common interest that could proberly help me out, but instead i get a lesson on ebonics. Thank you very much.

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 10:56 PM
**understanding (my apologies, Professeur)

dbworld4k
11-06-2007, 10:57 PM
It's not RWD's fault that you spun out. Clearly you don't know how to drive the car if you end up losing the rear end while getting a heavy right foot on public roads, so much so that you not only hopped the curb, but you ended up well over it.

Next time think twice before hammering it around a turn.

As for what to do, take it to a mechanic and have it looked at instead of wasting time here asking for answers to questions we cannot accurately answer.

Singe
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Your ego is getting in the way of people helping you...

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
and e30 kid - I downshifted back into second gear around a turn, didnt get rpms high enough so when i released clutch, rpms flew up and back end spinned out. The back end of the car went onto the curb, got out car began to cry:( then reversed off curb and across the street to the time hortons parklot. Ten seconds later when i tried to move the car, the clutch was not working

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 11:00 PM
And please explain how my ego is getting in the way, i politely asked a question and i began to get ripped on and told to get ebonics and im the one at fault here?

dbworld4k
11-06-2007, 11:00 PM
...Apparently I am speaking with grown men who sit at their comptuter all day looking for improper grammer
No, you're conversing with grown men who don't spend all day smashing their cars into roadside curbs and asking about diagnoses on a online forum :)

......... It's been fun, welcome and enjoy your stay here! We're not all ball breakers 24/7, though, some are. But seriously, take it to a shop and have it looked at.

e30_kid89
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
"the fun or rear wheel drive sometimes backfires?"

I know what your trying to say,(I think) but next time if you have any further problems/questions, try to explain it in a way that most normal people can understand. Get your car checked out @ a mechanic and let us know what the damage report is, and maybe we can help you further.

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Thank you, thats all that was needed

El Gato Liso
11-06-2007, 11:17 PM
yea i learned the hard way

i downshifted to 2 on a left turn...next thing u know i did a 180..........and im 100% new to rear wheel drive too.

lucky my car didnt hit anything, suprisingly because it was the most narrow turn ever....i was just embarrsed

it was actually the first time i've driven RWD in the wet ... and i didnt like it.

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 11:21 PM
same it was raining, guess im bringing the winter beater out on rainy days from now on

hypno_nls1
11-06-2007, 11:22 PM
finally someone showing a little love

Boss17
11-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Hopefully a mechanic could fix your problem and it isn't too severe or costly. However, how do you guys lose your back end so easily? The only time that happens is when i deliberately try to lose it. I drove my rear wheel drive mercedes all winter last year and never lost the back end once. Tonight i was in my bmw and it was partially snowing and raining, and again nothing. Maybe you guys are driving to high in the rpms for the particular weather conditions. I don't know.

Boots R
11-07-2007, 01:14 AM
I once did a 180.

then I did another. then another. then another. Eventually it turned into a donut. :D

Eurostyle
11-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Hopefully a mechanic could fix your problem and it isn't too severe or costly. However, how do you guys lose your back end so easily? The only time that happens is when i deliberately try to lose it. I drove my rear wheel drive mercedes all winter last year and never lost the back end once. Tonight i was in my bmw and it was partially snowing and raining, and again nothing. Maybe you guys are driving to high in the rpms for the particular weather conditions. I don't know.

By downshifting to way over the traction capability of the car (and tires). Its the same effect as pulling the ebrake in a turn!

A bit more experienced driver would downshift BEFORE the turn, and will be getting ready to accelerate, leading him safely and more controlably out of the turn...

Boss17
11-07-2007, 01:44 AM
I've been driving 5spd for 4 months now and i've always down shifted before the turn, i thought everyone did that.

Boots R
11-07-2007, 02:03 AM
By downshifting to way over the traction capability of the car (and tires). Its the same effect as pulling the ebrake in a turn!

That's only if you downshift incorrectly, and upset the balance of the car.

Eurostyle
11-07-2007, 02:11 AM
That's only if you downshift incorrectly, and upset the balance of the car.

Keeping in mind that the clutch is not an "on/off" switch! You dont just dump it when in much lower gear...Its actualy very easy to loose traction that way!

JUS_CRZN
11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
When the snow starts to fly, practice driving in a wallmart parking lot. Spend a couple of hours trying to recover from a spin. Rwd requires a different driving skill. When I switched to Rwd 10 years ago from Fwd it took some getting used to. Just a thought check the brake fluid it also feeds the clutch.

Chris de la Cruz
11-07-2007, 07:20 AM
heel toe... learn it.

DriveItSideways
11-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Matching revs while downshifting will avoid upsetting the balance of the car.

Dr. Flyview
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Yes, your rpms shouldn't "jump" once you let go of the clutch pedal, they should have already been up there from your rev match. Here's a link for "double clutching" which should supposedly save wear on your synchros, and includes "rev matching". I couldn't find an entry on rev matching alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_clutch

AceOfSpades
11-07-2007, 10:13 AM
but what if the car has a close ratio diff and you're about to make a left turn?
whats the procedure?

my car doesn't go fast enough in first gear to complete the turn without shifting and i hate to redline it or go past 3500rpm for that matter

any help please.
(sorry about the thread jacking, i love you man:))

Boots R
11-07-2007, 10:19 AM
but what if the car has a close ratio diff and you're about to make a left turn?
whats the procedure?

my car doesn't go fast enough in first gear to complete the turn without shifting and i hate to redline it or go past 3500rpm for that matter

any help please.
(sorry about the thread jacking, i love you man:))

when you're going into the turn, shift into 2nd

DriveItSideways
11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I've been driving 5spd for 4 months now and i've always down shifted before the turn, i thought everyone did that.

Downshifting before the corner is perfectly fine, the object is to downshift before the corner, brake to set up the balance of the car to enter the corner, then turn in and accelerate out of the corner.

If i say corner one more time someone please shoot me :P

This is of course advice for driving on the track, i suppose you could practice this on the street at a safe speed.

DriveItSideways
11-07-2007, 10:22 AM

+1, or you can put your torque to use and start in second gear. The trick with that is you need to find the sweet spot on how to lift off the clutch while pressing the gas to avoid the bog. 5 series bms are very easy to move off in 2nd gear.

AceOfSpades
11-07-2007, 10:23 AM
suppose i'm waiting for the traffic in the opposite lane to clear up so that i can start the left turn...i don't think i can start in 2nd gear, can i do that?

AlexS
11-07-2007, 11:47 AM
In a traffic situation turning left, how fast are you trying to go?

I shift through the turn. I don't usually go that fast with the other traffic around, and if you shift smoothly, it's not a big deal I find. If I'm hustling through a corner w/o traffic, I will shift into second prior to the corner and throttle through as discussed.

Nascar318is
11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
In driving school they teach you to shift before a curve, if you shift you will be deducted marks.

OP: As for your clutch check your fluid level if it's going to the floor, might be your clutch fluid. http://www.ehow.com/how_1514_check-clutch-fluid.html

addbhp
11-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Driving School - take it

Boots R
11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
suppose i'm waiting for the traffic in the opposite lane to clear up so that i can start the left turn...i don't think i can start in 2nd gear, can i do that?

technically, you shouldn't have to leave 1st gear.

Axxe
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
technically, you shouldn't have to leave 1st gear.

You just have to get fast on your shifting. If you are turning left, you launch "quick." Then if you need second you grab it right away. I've been driving with a 4.10 for a year, and I never had to adjust my driving style to it, just shift earlier because of the extra power.

Big T
11-09-2007, 11:04 AM
You probably went into the turn too fast downshifted and dropped the clutch without slowing down..this is why you lost traction spun out and ****ed your clutch..although that shouldn't affect your clutch to the point where you can't move the car, unless it was on its way out

Eurostyle
11-09-2007, 11:18 AM
You probably went into the turn too fast downshifted and dropped the clutch without slowing down..this is why you lost traction spun out and ****ed your clutch..although that shouldn't affect your clutch to the point where you can't move the car, unless it was on its way out

Dont forget that the clutch is hydraulic and operates on brake fluid, if he damaged a brake like, (very likely since the run on the floor of the car) it will stop working as soon as the fluid level drops...

hypno_nls1
11-09-2007, 04:25 PM
ya people, you can stop posting now:) cars already been fixed

Oyster
11-09-2007, 05:52 PM
ya people, you can stop posting now:) cars already been fixed

could you share with us what was replaced and your service experience at that shop?

mirek
11-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry, I did not realize I was in a classroom right now. My mistake for believing that I could write without care, when talking on a forum. Apparently I am speaking with grown men who sit at their comptuter all day looking for improper grammer

Grammar not grammer, :D

98% my ass.

Furious
11-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Grammar not grammer, :D

98% my ass.

+1

as for the driving advice there is only a handfull of people on this forum id take driving tips from.. a good majority of them are not in these posts.

mirek
11-09-2007, 06:59 PM
+1

as for the driving advice there is only a handfull of people on this forum id take driving tips from.. a good majority of them are not in these posts.

blind leading the blind :)

Boss17
11-10-2007, 01:57 AM
+1

Easy in, fast out. I'm a professional gran turismo driver. PS2 has taught me everything i know.