PDA

View Full Version : LF; Someone with good experience ion E36 aftermarket audio installs

dbworld4k
11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I need to figure out why the **** my trunk/rear rattles SO GOD DAMN MUCH as compared to other people with similar set ups who barely experience ANY rattle. It's so bad that I've just turned off my subs recently - it's just not worth it.

I'm running just two 10" subs in a sealed box in my trunk, backing against my rear seats. if someone (who knows what they're doing when it comes to car audio) would be kind enough to check out my setup in person and provide some helpful advice, it would be very much appreciated.

Help a brother out :(

Boots R
11-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Checked your trunk latch? Maybe it's loose.

Mystikal
11-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Where is it rattling from? The 3rd brake light assembly is another common area.

Jay

dbworld4k
11-02-2007, 07:28 PM
It's both. Pressing against the trunk release button with your finger kills almost 80% of the rattle. The rest seems to emnate from the rear decklid (I have seen some cheap fixes for this, so I'll try it).

Boots, how do you tighten that latch?

It puzzles me knowing that I have seen other E36s with systems more powerful than mine with no sound deadening either, yet they have far, FAR less rattle than my car :(

Skeezix
11-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Also check the rear seat latch opener.

DANE
11-16-2007, 02:14 PM
i had the same problem then i dynamted my entire trunk no more rattling anywhere in the car