PDA

View Full Version : Which SC for E46 M3 ??

VP M3
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Looking to boost my '04 E46 M3.

Without starting a long chain of slagging of various manufacturers, can some people (i.e., with personal experience with E46 M3s) provide me with the pros and cons of which SC to go with.

I am interested in a regular daily driving vehicle with occassional track use, not some tricked out show car.

I am in Toronto and want to have the installation done here also. Have any shops in TO done this work?

Thanks

Sickbimmer
10-25-2007, 04:48 PM
The VF kits are pretty good but they seem to have alot of glitches. If your budget is under $12,000 then I would go with the AA Gen 3 stage 2. They put down around 440rwhp. I had that kit for a year then sold it for my turbo. The kit was great though. The new owner loves it. If you go with the AA kit then I would send it to Cross ave. in Oakville. They've done a fair share of AA kits.

STALKER
10-26-2007, 09:43 AM
If you are looking to track often, then you might want to re-consider going SC, they produce a lot of heat, and I have yet to see someone track a SCed e46 M3 on a REGULAR basis and not having any heating issues.
My vote goes to the VF kit if you are going to get one.

Also, check out M3forum.com. The SC topic as been beaten to death over there. Use the SEARCH function to find all the info you want there, anything you want to know has been discussed on that board.

SuperM3 is right about Cross. I have seen a few kits done there also.

Axxe
10-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Take it to the track before s/c it *th-up*.