PDA

View Full Version : E36 3.23 LSD and driveshaft from 98 M3

kruler
10-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I have a diff from a 98 M3. Its a 3.23 LSD and still has the driveshaft bolted to it. It is missing the cover so you'll have to re-use yours (any E36 cover will work). I was going to put this on my 328 but I could use the cash right now. I will only sell if the price is right.

I will only be in town for the rest of the week so it will only be available until then.

Please submit offers via PM or call 905-399-7499

-Mike

kruler
10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
bump

Dr. Flyview
10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Mileage?

kruler
10-25-2007, 05:40 PM
mileage=70k

tig
10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
approx how much are u looking to get?

kruler
10-26-2007, 04:15 PM
if i post a price im just going to get a bunch of lowballers offering half of it. If you are serious then you should know what it is worth, or can easily find out with a bit of research. Make a reasonable offer and we'll go from there.

Tomorrow will be the last day this is available for sale

Soldo
10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
People know what these diffs go for, the problem is your's isn't a complete diff. It's missing the diff cover! Really that brings the value of the diff much lower.

Just a heads up!

kruler
10-26-2007, 06:30 PM
People know what these diffs go for, the problem is your's isn't a complete diff. It's missing the diff cover! Really that brings the value of the diff much lower.

Just a heads up!

no, that really doesnt bring the value down because you can use the cover from your existing diff. You should remove the cover for inspection and put new fluid and sealant anyways when you install it.

so can you please explain why that would "bring the value much lower"?

MP328
10-26-2007, 07:08 PM
im looking for one of these, but i aint buying one where i gotta take mine apart to make that one work. i wanna have mine still as a back up, for who knows when...
and soldo is right, just because of that hassle i wouldnt pay the going price...

to me that thing is only worth half of it. but hey to each their own...

good luck with the sale *wave*

kruler
10-26-2007, 07:18 PM
im looking for one of these, but i aint buying one where i gotta take mine apart to make that one work. i wanna have mine still as a back up, for who knows when...
and soldo is right, just because of that hassle i wouldnt pay the going price...

to me that thing is only worth half of it. but hey to each their own...

good luck with the sale *wave*

Well a brand new cover is $100 at the dealer and the diff is worth about $500...I'm no mathematician but $500x50% doesn't = $100

and you would still have your diff as a backup if you used the cover because it would bolt back on it in 2 minutes

jjm_240sx
10-26-2007, 11:21 PM
how long has the cover been off for, and why was it removed? any rust build up on the gears form water exposure? did any dirt get in the clutch packs?
what are you looking to get?

kruler
10-27-2007, 11:07 AM
how long has the cover been off for, and why was it removed? any rust build up on the gears form water exposure? did any dirt get in the clutch packs?
what are you looking to get?

The cover is on the diff but the mounts are no good, thats why it needs a cover. There is no water, rust or dirt inside.

Soldo
10-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Well a brand new cover is $100 at the dealer and the diff is worth about $500...I'm no mathematician but $500x50% doesn't = $100

and you would still have your diff as a backup if you used the cover because it would bolt back on it in 2 minutes

Again, sorry, i'm nottrying to kill your thread here, but this is where you're wrong. I just wanna make sure you realize that a diff without a cover is not a good thing. They're sealed for a reason, so if i used the cover off my car, then my current diff would not have a cover on it, making that one useless.

If a cover is $100 (lets not forget the gasket and sealant) it's doesn't cost anything extra for a DIY guy like me, but for somebody that has to take it to a mechnic to get the diff changed is probably going to get charged extra depending where they go.

So IF you are lookin to get $500 for yours, i wish you the best of luck, just so you're familiar with the going rate of these, i picked up my 3.23 LSD with next to NO mileage on it, in perfect condition for $400. If you plan on keeping it, great, then maybe in time you'll understand better why a diff needs a sealed cover all the time!