PDA

View Full Version : Can't rev past 4k

markw
10-23-2007, 12:21 AM
I can only rev past if I'm driving very very very slow (20% on the gas)
It feels like it's just not getting gas, like I'm hitting my rev/speed limiter.. Thought it may have been my chip, but switched back to oem (thanks Rudy) and it still runs this way
Any ideas on what may cause this? It sucks, it's why I left the cruise after Adams Park, car was just too slow to keep up with you guys :moon:

Also got a CEL on the way home after getting on the hwy

craz azn
10-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Did you get that filter from the dealer? I'll hit you up with a PM in a minute

markw
10-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Not yet, I won't have the chance until Thursday... The CEL is the only reason I'm thinking other then the Filter.. but you know more then I do.. lol

FuryriderX
10-23-2007, 09:22 AM
i've heard of this problem before - someone else on the boards had it too. try a search - might come up with something.

i think it had something to do with the fuel pressure regulator. i dont know why that would throw a CEL though. did you read out the trouble code? that might give you a better idea of whats wrong....

T.Dot_E30
10-23-2007, 09:59 AM
It has to be one of two things causing it, either its not getting enough air, or its not getting enough fuel.The hard part is figuring out what it is.

Do the pedal trick and find out what code comes up, that will give you a hint.

My first guess, would be the afm, if you have a spare one you can swap it in to see if thats the problem or not.

If it isn't the afm, move on to checking fuel pressure, etc.

propr'one
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
backed up cat?

e36_freak
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
did u check if theres a rip/crack in the rubber intake tube from the filter to the intake manifold? i remember someone having the same problem as yours and thats what it ended up being