PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get the itch for speed today??

blkNblue-e30
01-13-2003, 01:07 AM
I sware my car talks to me, she wanted to book, comin back from hamilton i got the itch, I blew by this corolla goin a hair over 200, i sware to god i shook that car into the slow lane! it was jokes!!!:eek: :D
anyone else get the need for speed lately?

Rolled_Out
01-13-2003, 01:17 AM
hmm i was the only car on hwy 7 for a good 1/4 mile ahead of me, so i ripped my car, i was up to 150, then the first car coming the otehr way, i saw the cop lights on top of the car so i slam the hell out of my brakes, the cop passes me i take my foot off the brakes so he cant see me braking and jam up my e brake to slow me down even more... thank god i didn't get busted.. it was a VERY VERY close call

blkNblue-e30
01-13-2003, 01:30 AM
Yea the ebrake is key isnt it... specially during night driving, once those po po see the brake lights come on they focus right on your ass *no-no*
I also had a couple ebrake close calls today, i used to slow down with the gears but that made too much noise!:D

Soldo
01-13-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by blkNblue-e30
I sware my car talks to me, she wanted to book, comin back from hamilton i got the itch, I blew by this corolla goin a hair over 200, i sware to god i shook that car into the slow lane! it was jokes!!!:eek: :D
anyone else get the need for speed lately?

DO I EVER, i mean i've still been pretty much PARANOID since my accident, and i've obeyed the limits, but lately, i can't help it anymore, and your not the ONLY one whose car talks to them, my car BEGS ME, over and over till i PLEASE HER!!!
i'm startin to take it up to 170-180 like it was my JOB!!!!
and it just keeps gettin worse!!!
i mean, soon enough i'll be doing 220 like its a school zone!!!
someone HELP!!!

M50E30
01-13-2003, 02:13 AM
I had the 2002 doing 100 Mph today! LOL! Haven't pushed it past that mark...yet! :D

blkNblue-e30
01-13-2003, 02:27 AM
These cars of ours get us in allot of shit sometimes eh! And we get the blame, all were doin is in along for the ride!
It felt great hittin 2hundy today, doesnt happen much, that 190 to 200 transition seems to take forever for me though, but when you look out beside you, its like goin thru a time warp :eek: lol
Fastest Ive had my lil 4 banger is 213, goin down a slope hehe
its quite quick the lil bugger. :D

djcontra
01-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Yea the ebrake is key isnt it... specially during night driving, once those po po see the brake lights come on they focus right on your ass *no-no*
I also had a couple ebrake close calls today, i used to slow down with the gears but that made too much noise!:D

you guys should put a switch on the dash that turns off your brake lights so when you have to slam down mr officer doesn't see =)

i have a switch like that on ALL my cars. it's a very easy install to do as well, i can help out anyone do it, but i'm not responsible if you forget to turn it on at night and somebody crashes into you from behind =)

Rolled_Out
01-15-2003, 05:26 PM
These cars of ours get us in allot of shit sometimes eh! And we get the blame, all were doin is in along for the ride!
It felt great hittin 2hundy today, doesnt happen much, that 190 to 200 transition seems to take forever for me though, but when you look out beside you, its like goin thru a time warp :eek: lol
Fastest Ive had my lil 4 banger is 213, goin down a slope hehe
its quite quick the lil bugger. :D
Me and my buddy got up to 262 km/h in his dads 02 porsche C4s.. we just got on the 407 and off 1 exit later.. it was pretty fun....
on the way back from detroit, he got pulled over 2 times, 1 ticket is a promise to appear for doing 190 km/h in the porsche, and the other was 3 minutes after the first cop gave him a ticket , he got anohter one for doing 124 km/h... AND the cop found his radar detoector and he got busted for that.... so he has to go back to chatham for his 190 km/h ticket.... theres no set amount, just a promise to appear ... shitty! but oh well.... ****em

Soldo
01-16-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by djcontra
you guys should put a switch on the dash that turns off your brake lights so when you have to slam down mr officer doesn't see =)

i have a switch like that on ALL my cars. it's a very easy install to do as well, i can help out anyone do it, but i'm not responsible if you forget to turn it on at night and somebody crashes into you from behind =)

wow, that SIR, is GENIUS!!!!!
your gonna have to tell me how to do that, i'd be VERY interested!!
doesn't sound hard though, i think i can figure the iring on my own, but where'd you put the button!?

thinair
01-16-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by djcontra

I was thinking of doing a variation of that, using the parking brake switch and a relay, once the hand brake is up a notch, the brake lights will be disabled.

GladdoM3
01-16-2003, 10:40 AM
I know how you guys feel about your cars. I had to put mine away for the winter. And everytime i go into my shop i see her sleeping with her blankets on. It hurts. Her and i should be in a warm climate all year round. She beggs me to drive her when i go into the shop.
I MISS HER SOOOOO BAD. I cant wait to take her out again. @!!

bmwm5lover
01-19-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by GladdoM3
I know how you guys feel about your cars. I had to put mine away for the winter. And everytime i go into my shop i see her sleeping with her blankets on. It hurts. Her and i should be in a warm climate all year round. She beggs me to drive her when i go into the shop.
I MISS HER SOOOOO BAD. I cant wait to take her out again. @!! \
see thats y im never gonna make the stupid mistake of put my car away for the winter, no matter what it might be.

sonny
01-28-2003, 12:55 AM
On the QEW Hamilton, I was on my way to a golf course at like 6:45am this past summer, no cars around, I pushed my car to 201km/h then chickened out... but i got a good rush! :eek:

Alezone
01-31-2003, 04:31 AM
tonite at 7pm when i was on my way home from school.... slammed on the gas when i see the greeen lights ahead... didn't see how much i was going, but passed all the cars until there was no one ahead... and then I saw this ricer tryin to catch up, so I just let him fly by me. He must have thought it was a Civic... my friend said he couldn't tell the difference between a civic and my car from the back on the highway when it's dark :D
and last week, there was a blue civic hatch back parking at the same lot at school, my gf walked to that car and tried to get in... 2 sec later she realized the difference.

platnumn
02-04-2003, 08:11 PM
i take the highway 20 min to school every day....Usually take her over 100 at least 2 times a day for a good amount of time.....I dont know it just feels good to drive it fast, feels safe...kind of scary actually.