PDA

View Full Version : OT: Audi shops?

Qube
10-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Any good Audi indys around TO? It's got to be good as an Audi will need to visit often ;) Thanks!

Meegis
10-18-2007, 06:10 PM
What area do you need? My guys are in Scarb. at Warden & Lawrence area.

Awesome awesome shop.

Independent Tuning, (416) 628-1483, Talk to Bryan, and let him know Meegis sent you his way. I do everything there.

Qube
10-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Just researching the options... if I grab an Audi TT, then I don't have Bimmersport, Bruno, Maxbimmer or anything like that to fall back on :)

RMPMOTORS
10-18-2007, 07:34 PM
We work alot on VW/AUDI cars. From oil changes to Big turb upgrades etc.

*th-up*

mirek
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
We work alot on VW/AUDI cars. From oil changes to Big turb upgrades etc.

*th-up*

Ask VWVORTEX, they probably can recommend a competent shop

E30M42cab
10-18-2007, 10:21 PM
There's a shop in Georgetown that does Audi's... it's co-owned by Frank Sprongl (former Audi rally driver, legend in Canadian Ralling), Check them out, call them, whatever. I don't own an Audi, but if I did, this would be the first place I would go.
http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

NOTORIOUS VR
10-18-2007, 11:00 PM
SEM Motorsports specialize in VW/Audi's only... Located in North York. I HIGHLY recommend them. They've built some of the fastest VAG cars around.

http://semmotorsports.com/

5JABIJ8
10-19-2007, 12:43 AM
I take mine to Les @ AVP motors. Martingrove/Finch area. He specializes in Audi's VW and Porsche's. Decent Prices too!! General repairs. Does not like to get into performance mods etc etc straight forward Mechanic's for Audi's VW's and Porsche's

Les Szczebiot - AVP Motors Ltd.
6588 Finch Avenue West
Etobicoke, ON M9V 3Z6

(416) 740-4114

Qube
10-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Wow. What a turn out :) I'll ring up everyone here to see who can do a once over on a few choice picks I have. Thanks so much!

330DTM
10-19-2007, 02:18 AM
There's a shop in Georgetown that does Audi's... it's co-owned by Frank Sprongl (former Audi rally driver, legend in Canadian Ralling), Check them out, call them, whatever. I don't own an Audi, but if I did, this would be the first place I would go.

Yeah, 4Stars go way back. The first owner of my friend's A4 1.8T used to take it there to get some work and tuning done. The A4 has a custom built turbo upgrade setup courtesy of Rudy's dad.

///Maluco
10-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Eurospeed VW/Audi (on Geary...1st street N/E of Dufferin and Dupont) in Toronto
416-535-3434
Speak to Jack.
I had my A4 serviced there several times and didn't have a problem. I also had them upgrade the ECU a couple of years ago too.
I've known him for 15+ yrs. and I trust his work.

Eddie

kevin325
10-20-2007, 11:48 AM
SEM Motorsports specialize in VW/Audi's only... Located in North York. I HIGHLY recommend them. They've built some of the fastest VAG cars around.

http://semmotorsports.com/

x2!

i used to take my Audi there. Their located on Lepage on Keele and Finch.

Ahctuning
10-20-2007, 05:22 PM

I see SUZUKI not AUDI. I think they switched to Suzuki years ago. They MAY still take Audi tho just because that's in their blood when they first started out in rallying... - they're basically eating/breathing/driving/dreaming Audi Quattors... They dominated the Canadian rally scene with their POWERFUL QUATTROS.

That rally dominance abruptly changed when SUBARU CANADA sponsored Tom McGeer(sp?) and equipped them with the latest WRX StIs. A car to match the quattro, horsepower wise. It was a different ball game ! Tom finally won several times over.

Funny story:
Also heard a funny story where my friend's Dad took their Audi there in Georgetown for repairs. The Sprongl brothers YANKED OUT the licence frame off that car because it had the word SPRONGL stickered on the frame. THey said that it's an infringement of their trademark or something. LOL LOL LOL. SPRONGL? They're hardly known but to a few die hard fans. The irony is my friend's dad was a big fan!! LOL LOL LOL They took it the wrong way. They may be good mechanics but definitely NOT good at marketing and PR. LOL

Lastly, Frank can be moody at times. So I heard.

E30M42cab
10-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Yeah, Suzuki is their car now (free car, sponsor), but they still do alot of work on Audi's at thir shop... I used to follow that rallying for a few years, but like you said, Tom and Trish McGeer took it over in their WRX... but Frank and Dan Sprongl were my fav's.

tominizer
10-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Independent is the only place my Audi goes for regular maintenance. Although, when it comes time to do some custom exhaust, SEM is where I will go as they did the custom M3 exhaust for me................... ARTWORK.

NOTORIOUS VR
10-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Independent is the only place my Audi goes for regular maintenance. Although, when it comes time to do some custom exhaust, SEM is where I will go as they did the custom M3 exhaust for me................... ARTWORK.

The black E30 M3?

tominizer
10-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Yup.......... funny as when the car was there for the exhaust, it had so many undiscovered issues with the way it was running. Still isn't running right yet........... nothing to do with the exhaust though.

NOTORIOUS VR
10-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Yup.......... funny as when the car was there for the exhaust, it had so many undiscovered issues with the way it was running. Still isn't running right yet........... nothing to do with the exhaust though.

That was a beautiful car man... I was in awe how CLEAN that thing is!

As for it not running right, check everything you can man... intake leaks cause big problems with these ITB engines. Dist. cap and rotor as well.

But also you might want to look into getting a standalone unit for that car (feel free to contact me about a nice unit that won't set you back a whole lot of money).

I've heard that with just standalone you can pick up large amounts of power on that motor especially when coupled with the CF intake mani.

Not to mention you get to kick that "barn door" style AFM in the garbage.

I just converted my buddy's E30 to standalone (he works there at SEM - Dave) and now his 325e is actually faster then my VR6 Jetta go figure :D

tominizer
10-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the compliment. It's been a long project so far and a ways still to go......... I have a long list of "to-do's" and "still to check's" for that car. A lot has been discovered and fixed since it was there at SEM. It's a long term project............ that I've had to take upon myself now as I'm not sure who I can trust anymore after the last experience. Anyways, better that way in the long run.

Stand-alone or piggie-back is on the radar 100%. But first I want to make sure everything is running right in the first place. I don't want to compound any issues. I'll let you know. PM me about the type of system........ most guys with this car/motor are running pretty high-end stand alone systems that are pretty big money.......... or an Alpha-N piggy-back

I already have the intake at home on the shelf, but in fibreglass. Yes, to dump the AFM is a HUGE difference to the output.

woofster
10-25-2007, 09:58 PM
How are the rates at Independent Tuning compared to an Audi dealership in terms of mechanical repairs?

Meegis
10-29-2007, 08:23 AM
How are the rates at Independent Tuning compared to an Audi dealership in terms of mechanical repairs?

Much better rates. Give them a call and they should be able to help you out.

uber e36
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM

I took my car there for an oil change the other day. They quoted me 1hr labour for something that Agincourt Autohaus & Downtown Audi quoted me 4hrs for!

*th-up*

Ahctuning
03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I took my car there for an oil change the other day. They quoted me 1hr labour for something that Agincourt Autohaus & Downtown Audi quoted me 4hrs for!

*th-up*

W-T-? ?!?!? ur kidding right?

AceOfSpades
03-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Yeah, Suzuki is their car now (free car, sponsor), but they still do alot of work on Audi's at thir shop... I used to follow that rallying for a few years, but like you said, Tom and Trish McGeer took it over in their WRX... but Frank and Dan Sprongl were my fav's.

OT, where did you get the shadow trim done?