PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Germany (more pics posted pgs 6&7)

Gamite
10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
As some of you know, EMPOWERD and I are driving across Germany from Munich to Frankfurt.

So, as soon as we exit the airport, what do we see? A BMW test car! new 5-series coupe. You can see the kidney grills beind the mesh in the third pic.

Gamite
10-18-2007, 01:40 PM
We spotted a widebody E36. Driven by a girl!

europrince
10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
sweet pics. Enjoy Europe!

Gamite
10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
First stop, BMW Motorsport

Boots R
10-18-2007, 01:44 PM
nice pics!

and did you stick maxbimmer.com stickers on your rental car? rofl

StikiGreenZ
10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
wow, those rims are deep!

i see maxbimmer.com stickers on the car u were driving! :D

Gamite
10-18-2007, 01:48 PM
BMW Headquarters and the new BMW World

T.Dot_E30
10-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Awsome, I was in Frankfurt, didn't get to goto Munich and see all the kool stuff thou. I was in somewhere called Darmstat.

Wish I got to see more of Germany, maybe next time.

Gamite
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
BMW M

Lots of M3's (including Sedan and cabrio), M3 CSL, an Alpina B10, M5 Touring, Mini Clubman's and a Smart car on 17's.

Gamite
10-18-2007, 01:57 PM
And yes, we did put max stickers on our rental. too bad it wasn't a bimmer but I guess we got the next best thing.

Audi A3 2.0 diesel

rost12
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
You lucky sobs! Is the BMW World open to public? Was still under construction when I was there last winter :(

M3ti Compact
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Audi A3 2.0 diesel

post VMAX photos *uzi*

NateoriouS
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
WOW, that's incredible.... i really need to go to Germany..!

that widebody e36 is nice... soooo deeep.. where do they get those kits anyway?

BMW_7
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Looks like fun.

Was gonna go to Berlin in May but I changed my mind

Quack
10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
you guys are headed to the Nurburgring on sunday/monday?, you'll be taking a lot more pics there.

E36is
10-18-2007, 03:22 PM
forget about the cars... need more pics of WOMEN!

europrince
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM

true dat!

europrince
10-18-2007, 03:28 PM
you guys are headed to the Nurburgring on sunday/monday?, you'll be taking a lot more pics there.

I want to know what's the quickest you drive outside of Nurburgring so that I can cum in my pants *love*

propr'one
10-18-2007, 03:47 PM
brin that CSL back for me and i'll give you a hundred billion dollars.

M3ti Compact
10-18-2007, 06:05 PM

I was in germany just last month- don't trust what you see on the internet!

Most german girls look like *shiner*

Bliss
10-18-2007, 08:01 PM
You bastards! im jealous...what a selection of cars down there, we only have about 1/4 of those! Glad u guys are having fun! and have a Lowenbrau for me!*th-up*

slemmer
10-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Enjoy the trip boys. Wall to wall BMWs - like Hondas in Japan. So - how fast can you really go on the Autobahn?

NateoriouS
10-18-2007, 09:15 PM
would it be easy to get around germany.. speaking english only?? :confused:

v_bimmer
10-18-2007, 09:20 PM
man maybe i should post the pictures of the cars i saw in germany, and the ladies bums!!! hehhe

and as for getting around it was pretty easy, most people speak english well!!

rost12
10-18-2007, 09:22 PM
If you stick to major cities, just fine I think. In Europe it is customary to learn more than one language, and english is a big one.

oldskool3
10-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Awesome pics!! I only got to go to Berlin when I was in Germany very nice city. As for getting around like others have said main language spoken in europe besides their native language is English. Especially in Germany a lot of people speak english really well.

NateoriouS
10-18-2007, 09:30 PM
^^^ nice.. i'm going FOR SURE...!

spoony_prelude
10-18-2007, 10:07 PM
^^^ nice.. i'm going FOR SURE...!

dude lets go!! get our selves some e36 cabby wide body kits:cool:

lol id love to go there!!! find an oldschool e30 cabby, and just cruise the streets!!!

spoony_prelude
10-18-2007, 10:10 PM

lots of woman here, now what this country seriously lacks of, is M powered Machines!!! pics are amazing!!! id love to go! this calls for a maxbimmer fieldtrip!:D

KIRASIR
10-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Julian,

I am not sure what your plans are but unless you are planning to visit the Porsche museum in Stuttgard, I would advise you to avoid A8(Munchen to Stuttgard) at all costs. Go through Nurnberg or something. A8 is absolutely brutal, full of trucks, construction, and pot holes (this is as of last month).
A9-A3(Munchen to Nurnberg is a MUCH faster autobahn ;)).
SL

qimis
10-19-2007, 07:28 AM
damnnnn ...... nice! have fun taking pics!

lvan
10-19-2007, 07:50 AM
enjoy

denisemichel
10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
nice pics, more!

jeffrie
10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
would it be easy to get around germany.. speaking english only?? :confused:

Very easy, when I was in Munich the few people that didn't speak english always found someone who did to translate within seconds no matter were I went.
I loved being in that country.

JUS_CRZN
10-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Keep the pics rolling in!

europrince
10-19-2007, 10:52 AM
No female italian or french tourists? ;)

NateoriouS
10-19-2007, 11:18 AM
dude lets go!! get our selves some e36 cabby wide body kits:cool:

lol id love to go there!!! find an oldschool e30 cabby, and just cruise the streets!!!

I'm soooo down... i've been looking for a widebody kit.. *seriously* *love*

propr'one
10-19-2007, 11:18 AM
so many sexy italian chicks in munchen.

BMW_7
10-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh wait, i forgot.

Did you guys check out BMW Welt??? It is opened right now! If you don't go there you will be kicking yourself in the ass

Check this out

The next big moment will come on 20 October at 10:00 am, with the BMW Welt opening its gates for two days to visitors from Munich and all over the world, offering them the unique opportunity to take a close look at the various areas and highlights in the BMW Welt.

On the following Tuesday, 23 October 2007, the BMW Welt will then start regular operation, with the first cars being delivered to customers.

Upon their arrival at the BMW Welt, visitors will first receive information on the building itself. To keep waiting periods short and entertaining, presenters will offer an interesting programme of events on a special stage set up especially for the Public Days. The BMW Welt will close on these days at 21:00, experts being present throughout the Public Days at the individual stations for interesting talks and to provide background information.

SickFinga
10-20-2007, 12:20 AM
****, I knew I should've come with you mofos, now I'm all jealous

EMPOWERD
10-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Weather here is chilly 5 degrees C. Girls are okay, nothing jaw-dropping yet. Fastest we've gone on the autobahn with the A3 rental so far was 215km/h (took pic)... cruising all day @200km/h. Went through the alps to Zurich, saw Porsche in Stuttgart, Techart, Hamann, Brabus. Pics up soon. Going to Sinnsheim Museum tomorrow and Nurburgring all day Monday. No body has unsecure networks here! Connecting to the internet is a little harder than i thought. Spent a fortune already on cool things (watches/models/clothes etc..)

Gamite
10-20-2007, 09:56 AM
didn't have internet last night, I'll post more pics when I get a chance. Right now we're sitting on the side of the road stealing wifi.

330ci05
10-20-2007, 10:08 AM
wow, looks like FUN!!!

howlong you guys there for?

when i first saw the max sticker i thought you guys went your own car, that would be nice :D

can't wait to see the pics!!!

BMW_7
10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Weather here is chilly 5 degrees C. Girls are okay, nothing jaw-dropping yet. Fastest we've gone on the autobahn with the A3 rental so far was 215km/h (took pic)... cruising all day @200km/h. Went through the alps to Zurich, saw Porsche in Stuttgart, Techart, Hamann, Brabus. Pics up soon. Going to Sinnsheim Museum tomorrow and Nurburgring all day Monday. No body has unsecure networks here! Connecting to the internet is a little harder than i thought. Spent a fortune already on cool things (watches/models/clothes etc..)

But what about the Welt? :( I'm a bit of a architecture nut that's why I ask, it looks quite nice.

come on, guys, you have to at least scribble maxbimmer on it

punnzzells
10-20-2007, 02:14 PM
But what about the Welt? :( I'm a bit of a architecture nut that's why I ask, it looks quite nice.

come on, guys, you have to at least scribble maxbimmer on it

If I was in europe or really on any trip... the last thing that I'd be thinking about is MAX!! :moon:

have fun guys... enjoy it man.... !!*rockout*

europrince
10-20-2007, 06:01 PM
If I was in europe or really on any trip... the last thing that I'd be thinking about his MAX!! :moon:

Exactly!!! I was in Europe for 3 weeks in September and didn't check my email once! Its a ****ing vacation!!!

Bliss
10-20-2007, 07:25 PM

Autobahn? just like the 401 right? lol;) Which watches did u guys pick up? Europe is the place for them. We got nothing here!:(

Bliss
10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
If I was in europe or really on any trip... the last thing that I'd be thinking about is MAX!! :moon:

I'm sure they're having fun while being on a computer at some points in time. Its called saying whatsup to some friends, and keeping us updated on how the trip is going. As Germany being the #1 capital for BMW's I'm sure there are nice stories, and cars to tell us about. If you don't find their trip interesting, then don't read. Simple.

Bmwstylz
10-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Deutschland - sehr gut!!! sie haben viel gluck zum machen eine reise dort!

Did you hit the new Mercedes museum in Stuttgart? It was being built when i was last over, but supposedly pretty cool.

oh und wieviel schlampen hast du schon gefickt? ;)

Axxe
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Going to be in Munich and Frankfurt between Christmas and New Years. I'll have to get a run-down of the dos and don't in each place, only have a couple days there.

Have fun boyz!

propr'one
10-23-2007, 11:21 AM
why are you guys lecturing these guys about what they do on their vacation? I'm pretty sure they can plan an enjoyable time for themselves without your input.

Mickey Knox
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
thats HILARIOUS, first of, let me say munich is my old turf, I used to drive past the BMW towers every day to work, in an old audio coupe with 55HP.

and, the first picture with the E36 widebody, let me explain something to you real quick, the "place of business" (leierkasten) you seen that Bimmer parked outside of is a Whore house, the girl "driving" the car.... well lets just say she knows how to drive a stick, and at that point she is propably "Advertising"

just so ya know, if you keep doing circles along those streets like "landsbergstrasse" gawking at hookers without doing business you will find a dark mercedes 600S behind you after a while with several big angry russian guys inside that will suggest to you to buy something or move it along.

also that B10 station wagon with the license plate EBE-xxx thats from my old home town, its small so prolly know the guy driving it.

ahhh, i miss my home, driving fast and btw the girls are mostly pretty, the ugly chicks are american girls that are there for the oktoberfest trying to get laid

i dont know if you guys fly out of munich or frankfurt, but if you head back to munich, here is ainteresting dertour you might enjoy taking, rather then the direct route.

if you drive towards munich, there will be a clover leave type of on off ramp where you can go towards "salzburg" take that piece of autbahn and head all the way to "rosenheim" take that exit, go downtown have some coffee watch the girls, then leave rosenheim towards the north west, head towards

ostermuenchen - assling - grafing - ebersberg - hohenlinden - erding - airport

fun drive, lots of twisties and long wide open straight shots into tight turns.
when you hit ebersberg, my home town put some rubber on the road in front of the traffic light in the center of town for me :-)

well enjoy

mickey

Mickey Knox
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Going to be in Munich and Frankfurt between Christmas and New Years. I'll have to get a run-down of the dos and don't in each place, only have a couple days there.

Have fun boyz!

I can give ya a rundown of do's and dont's :-)

DONT Pass on the right ever
DONT Drive further left then you need
DONT tailgate
If you are on the left lane doing 200kmh and you see someone behind you coming closer and blinking his high beams- MOVE he is prolly doing about 250

all those above are gonn get you a hefty ticket. radar traps are different, there is four ways the **** ya

1.) perma installed radar guns on the autobahn, the are hidden in the changeable signs that go across the autobahn

2.) umarked cars, and they do it a little more clever then in the US, they are ALL kinds of cars, u will find everything from a ford fiesta, over a ferrari f150 to a porsche GTR, most likely candiates are souped up bimmers and audi's though

3.) external radar box: this will be a gray box about 50-60cm high sitting on a tripod next to the road, there will be a vehicle nearby with the rest of the equipment. those can be any kind of car, be careful those are very common at an entrance to a construction site on the autobahn with a posted speedlimit

4.) unmarked car parked at the side of the road with radar equipment mounted in the back window, station wagons are popular, but again any car is possible. those will be sitting insode cities and towns parked with normal cars, those are a bitch to spot, next to impossible

thats pretty much it for the road, let me know if you need any more insights into the german culture and i will gladly provide

BigD
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM

I heard you lose your license for that, true?

ferrari f150

:confused:

:idea:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2788/redneckxq5.jpg

Mickey Knox
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
you are not going to loose your license right away, unless you cause an accident of course, its a 400 dollar fine or so and hefty points, more importantly, ppl dont expect anything to come along faster on the right, so changin lanes to the right ppl might not watch and there you go.

another interesting thing though is, german cops are not allowed to pull a foreign license, all they can do is issue a driving ban on your license but they dont take it from you. i doubt they have means to track that well with foreign licenses, BUT i got a ticket with a rental in germany, they sent it to the rental car company, the forwarded it to me and i ignored it. next thing i knew i had a charge on my CC for the amount of the ticket o.0

Mickey Knox
10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I heard you lose your license for that, true?

:confused:

:idea:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2788/redneckxq5.jpg

ROFL, i guess it was a ferrari f50 then, thats a good picture though
*th-up*

BigD
10-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Glad you liked the pic. :)

you are not going to loose your license right away, unless you cause an accident of course, its a 400 dollar fine or so and hefty points, more importantly, ppl dont expect anything to come along faster on the right, so changin lanes to the right ppl might not watch and there you go.

another interesting thing though is, german cops are not allowed to pull a foreign license, all they can do is issue a driving ban on your license but they dont take it from you. i doubt they have means to track that well with foreign licenses, BUT i got a ticket with a rental in germany, they sent it to the rental car company, the forwarded it to me and i ignored it. next thing i knew i had a charge on my CC for the amount of the ticket o.0

How are the attitudes of cops over there? Are they all uppity like the US/Canadian police or do they actually have reasonable attitudes? I bet they hate tourists, especially from here - what with the driving 100 in the left lane and all.

punnzzells
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I saw a show on discovery channel about the autobahn..

it said that there are cameras every 2 Km's that will capture a km each way of the highway... and if you get a ticket that your fine is based on your annual income.. true?

and..

how do you know it's a whore house... you the #1 customer of the month... LOL !! :D

punnzzells
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Randy...

stop telling Julian that you want to go back and see that E36 widebody... the JIG is up!

europrince
10-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I can give ya a rundown of do's and dont's :-)

DONT Drive further left then you need
DONT tailgate
If you are on the left lane doing 200kmh and you see someone behind you coming closer and blinking his high beams- MOVE he is prolly doing about 250

all those above are gonn get you a hefty ticket. radar traps are different, there is four ways the **** ya

1.) perma installed radar guns on the autobahn, the are hidden in the changeable signs that go across the autobahn

2.) umarked cars, and they do it a little more clever then in the US, they are ALL kinds of cars, u will find everything from a ford fiesta, over a ferrari f150 to a porsche GTR, most likely candiates are souped up bimmers and audi's though

3.) external radar box: this will be a gray box about 50-60cm high sitting on a tripod next to the road, there will be a vehicle nearby with the rest of the equipment. those can be any kind of car, be careful those are very common at an entrance to a construction site on the autobahn with a posted speedlimit

4.) unmarked car parked at the side of the road with radar equipment mounted in the back window, station wagons are popular, but again any car is possible. those will be sitting insode cities and towns parked with normal cars, those are a bitch to spot, next to impossible

thats pretty much it for the road, let me know if you need any more insights into the german culture and i will gladly provide

thanks for that

Mickey Knox
10-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Glad you liked the pic. :)

How are the attitudes of cops over there? Are they all uppity like the US/Canadian police or do they actually have reasonable attitudes? I bet they hate tourists, especially from here - what with the driving 100 in the left lane and all.

TBh you wont see many cops even if you are speeding, they take a picture and send a invoice, if you DO get stopped, either sobriety checkpoints or unmarked car they are dickheads throughout. Think of a sterotypical uptight, anal retentive german in a cop unifrom and you are there, thos boys will make it seem like you murdered 13 ppl if one headlight is not working, and they very funny .........NOT!!!!! (i.e. i had a busted headlight, so i had my foggies on, they puleld me over and he goes "its very foggy tonite isnt it?" omg i laughed so hard, best joke ever, very witty *th-up*

maybe i am biased, back in the day in my younger years i got pulled over by the DEA 13 times in one year, they would hang a 180 on main street if they saw me go by just to pull me over and poke around in my car, never found a thing :cool: :cool: they didnt look hard enough *angel*

so bottom line if you have been speeding and you get pulled over, they will be professional, but still **** you over. Also, unlike in the US where you can pretty much get away with anything if you just drive within the speed limits and drive straight, no so in germany. they a.) sobriety checkpoints, lots of them you just get pulled over and they check your alcohol level, last i heard legal limit was 0.0, so no level whatsoever. b.) they also have my infamous friends from the DEA driving around unmarked cars in downtown munich around the party spots, RANDOMLY pull you over and send you to pee on a drug testing strip, you test positive you get screwed. In the US i belive if they dont find weed in your car or on you they cant do anything, in germany if you test postive the nail you for DUI, even if you smoked it all.

Mickey Knox
10-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I saw a show on discovery channel about the autobahn..

it said that there are cameras every 2 Km's that will capture a km each way of the highway... and if you get a ticket that your fine is based on your annual income.. true?

and..

how do you know it's a whore house... you the #1 customer of the month... LOL !! :D

well those variable signs across the highway ALL have cameras build in that measure speed AND distance to the car ahead, they are just not all active all the time, if they DO post a speed limit on one of those due to traffic or bad weather or whatever, chances are pretty good there will be an active camera downstream a few, but if you pay attention to the cars ahead and watch the little dark sqaures on the signs, you fill see the flash of the picture if somebody ahead gets nailed and then slow down, also if you do speak a littel german, radio stations around the country broadcast the radar trap locations, drivers can call them in and they boradcast them, thats pretty cool. however i feel better speeding on the autbahn then on a US highway , WAY less coppers at least as far as new england is concerned.

I think the way they base their fines on your salary comes into affect if they offense is a big one. if you just pseeding 20km/h its standard, but if you have an accident, speed by 150km/h etc. essentially when they drag you to court they will consider your salary when it comes time to pay

As for the whorehouse, the "leierkasten" is one of the oldest if not THE oldest in munich, and they are not located in a seedy area, you will pass them just going throught the city, on the way to a bar or your grandmas house, even a 80 year old granny is going to know the "leierkasten"

I also used to work across another whorehouse when i did my apprenticeship program, at no less of a company then Siemens (just before you ask what kind of job it was)

JMW
10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
here in england its the same
tells u much in advance about speed cameras...and in many places, lines on the road tell you when the camera zone ends....
theres average cameras that check average speed as well on the motor way...but cops usually dont pull ya over
its great

Nascar318is
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Too bad you didn't tell us what time you guys were going to the ring at.. Maybe we could have spotted you on the web cam lol

Sounds like a good trip, might have to go some time.

EMPOWERD
10-25-2007, 08:39 AM
We were at the Ring all day, until about 4pm... with -6hr time difference, it woulda been hard to see us. There are sooooo many serious cars lapping there.

I got nailed by a photo-radar once 2 days ago... travelling about 140km/h in a 100km/h zone. nothing special... especially when I rarely drive under 200km/h. I made it from Frankfurt to Dusseldorf in 90mins... average speed 210km/h (at night, minimal traffic). You get so used to the speed here, 100km/h feels like 40km/h back home.

Mickey, thanks for all the pointers, but i've driven here in Germany many times before and was well aware of the rules. I will be sure to have a nice detailed write up on maX with tons of pics when I get back... gives me something to do while on the 8hr flight back.

punnzzells
10-25-2007, 10:07 AM
well those variable signs across the highway ALL have cameras build in that measure speed AND distance to the car ahead, they are just not all active all the time, if they DO post a speed limit on one of those due to traffic or bad weather or whatever, chances are pretty good there will be an active camera downstream a few, but if you pay attention to the cars ahead and watch the little dark sqaures on the signs, you fill see the flash of the picture if somebody ahead gets nailed and then slow down, also if you do speak a littel german, radio stations around the country broadcast the radar trap locations, drivers can call them in and they boradcast them, thats pretty cool. however i feel better speeding on the autbahn then on a US highway , WAY less coppers at least as far as new england is concerned.

I think the way they base their fines on your salary comes into affect if they offense is a big one. if you just pseeding 20km/h its standard, but if you have an accident, speed by 150km/h etc. essentially when they drag you to court they will consider your salary when it comes time to pay

As for the whorehouse, the "leierkasten" is one of the oldest if not THE oldest in munich, and they are not located in a seedy area, you will pass them just going throught the city, on the way to a bar or your grandmas house, even a 80 year old granny is going to know the "leierkasten"

I also used to work across another whorehouse when i did my apprenticeship program, at no less of a company then Siemens (just before you ask what kind of job it was)

awesome... good thing I didn't go to Germany with the discovery channel as my tutor!

cool.. Siemens... nice location... i could see that being very useful in business....

" ahh... nice to do business with you... please feel free to check out our plant across the street... " :D :D

punnzzells
10-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Randy...

your VW won't do 200km/h ... in one piece that is!

SickFinga
10-25-2007, 12:32 PM
and if you get a ticket that your fine is based on your annual income.. true?

It is like that in Finland

punnzzells
10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I think that is fair.

If you are living pay cheque to pay cheque , as I do... it's much easier to not kick a person when they are down with a huge fine...

cool... finland, germany, or italia to move to... one more country and I think i am outtie!
:D

Mickey Knox
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I think that is fair.

If you are living pay cheque to pay cheque , as I do... it's much easier to not kick a person when they are down with a huge fine...

cool... finland, germany, or italia to move to... one more country and I think i am outtie!
:D

hehe, would be nice if the cause was noble like that, its the other way around though, they do it to properly whack somebody that makes a quarter million a year and couldnt care less about a $1000 fine

Mickey Knox
10-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Randy...

your VW won't do 200km/h ... in one piece that is!

its funny to me, North americas always think it takes a very special car to do 200km/h, you dont. I used to deliver pizza in my younger days and the place i worked at had these beauties, this little shit runs just under 190km/h

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Cinquecento

I actually loved driving those, we had the sporting version ran like hell and handle like a go-kart. I smoked more then one 5 Series on twisties. remember a bimmer is the right tool for the job, but it also takes the right kind of tool in the seat with balls fully deployed to get the job done. mind you those guys lost and got humiliated not because their car sucked, but because they didnt have the guts to push a little further.

just so i dont get flamed, I NEVER crashed a car, rolled or jump into a ditch. I had one minor accident in my live and that was 2 weeks after i got my license sliding down a ice sheet into a main road, bad choice was to decent on that road in the first place.

punnzzells
10-25-2007, 03:26 PM
its funny to me, North americas always think it takes a very special car to do 200km/h, you dont. I used to deliver pizza in my younger days and the place i worked at had these beauties, this little shit runs just under 190km/h

No no Mickey... you haven't seen Randy's VW.... :D

Axxe
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
No no Mickey... you haven't seen Randy's VW.... :D

Why you ripping on the man's oil-burner, Mr. POONzells?

Mickey, the Sporting is an amazing car, my aunt had one in Poland before she got t-boned. Thanks for the driving tips, I've driven on the autobahn before, and know the rules and the radar setup. I was refferering to the do's and don'ts of what to SEE in Munich and Frankfurst AKA which places are cool, which ones suck.

Mickey Knox
10-25-2007, 04:48 PM
well, i can help ya out in Munich, have only been to frankfurt once or twice.
what are you looking for? night activites? culture? music? driving destinations from munich?

let me know and i see what i can remember

ta

M3ti Compact
10-25-2007, 09:28 PM
A Mercedes Vito 111 I rented when I was in Germany, a damn full size 9 seater van, 2.1L inline-4 turbo diesel with a whopping 111 HP still managed to do 180km/h on the autobahn stuffed with 5 people and luggage!

europrince
10-25-2007, 09:29 PM
^ damn, that's impressive, really!

Fe9L
10-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Any V-dUbs?? ;)

some pics please :)

EMPOWERD
10-26-2007, 06:21 AM
A few more pics to tease... (taken by my iPhone). The good pics from Julian's Nikon D80 will be resized and posted when we get back.

1) Air Canada business class
2) McDonald's special burgers in Zurich CH.
3) rare Benz CLK GTR Cabrio street version (31km odo - new!) EU 1.19million
4) TechArt 997TT
5) AirFrance Concorde cockpit
6) rare Vector W8
7) our balcony view at the Nurburgring Hotel - 'Ring visible in background
8) E92 M3 "race car" rental EU500.-/half day (not ours)
9) TVR ready to lap the 'ring
10) Lapping the 'ring in our Audi A3 rental car

EMPOWERD
10-26-2007, 06:30 AM
a few more...

1) Windpower beside the autobahn... common source of energy in Europe (notice rare gas-guzzling 300C Hemi?)
2) Speedo needle pretty much stayed here all the time... ESP off of course (in case burnout req'd)
3) Alcoholic beverages sold in vending machines... teen drinking anyone??
4) Prices of luxuries pretty high compared to ours ($1.00CDN = CHF 1.20) 46" Sony 720P LCD for $3150 CDN??
5) 4WD go-kart anyone??
6) saying in Europe doesn't have to be expensive... this hotel chain offers double-occupancy rooms for under $50CDN/night!

e46driver
10-26-2007, 07:12 AM
That would be a dream vacation for me and I'm sure many others on this board!
Looks like you guys are having a great time.
Keep posting the pics, amazing!

Gamite
10-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Okay, these are the pictures from day 2: Drive to Zurich from Munich through Austria and Lichtenstein.

In these pictures:

1) Astounding Gas prices, in Euros (EU 1.- is $1.38CDN)
2) Couple of BMW Police cars
3) Trying to break the speed record in an Audi 2.0 TDI - I think this pic is the first chance we got
4) A few pics from the beautiful drive through the northern swiss alps. Randy wished for a RWD car here.

Nascar318is
10-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Nice pics Gents! Germany looks like a very beautiful country, I'll go... one day.

denisemichel
10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Nice pics Gents! Germany looks like a very beautiful country, I'll go... one day.

^+1 Germany is da Best!*rockout*

Quack
10-26-2007, 10:54 AM
so I was right, that McD's is in Zurich, I recognized it because I stayed in a hotel a block or two away, I remember walking past that McD's and it was packed, the line-up was out the door, I was disgusted.

punnzzells
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
what a pic... that's my new desktop image at work... beautiful moutains...

nice!!

JunzieB
10-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Nice pics! Looks like you guys had fun, have a safe trip home ;)

Mickey Knox
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I forgot about that almost, but truth is, alcohol and teens is not a big deal in europe, you can easily go out for dinner when you 14 or 15 and get a beer. the law is beer and wine 16 and up, hard liquor 18 and up. funny enough, there is no huge teen drinking problem in europe. I think i heard statistics that actually say North America has a much higher rate of juvenile alcoholics then europe/germany. There is just no big "kick" in getting wasted when you are young as it is very available. thining back to my own youth, i was pretty much done with my heavy party and drinking days by the time i turned 21. also, teens in germany are MUCH more mature then in the US. Most sutdents are done with school with 16, then they move on to an apprenticeship program which is on the job training paired with some school every few weeks, but it is essentially a full time job with little pay.

There is Also no open container law in germany. I got pulled over once by the cops cuz my wifes exhaust has fallen of her car, i had half a beer on the driver seat between my legs. The cop asked how much i had to drink and i said this is the first one. so they did a breathalizer, it was in deed my first beer and they wished me a good night and send me on my way.

somebody was looking for V-DUb pictures, here is a link to a guy's website i went to school with, he had some souped up polo's

http://www.schnupfi.de/Garage.htm

the red one was the car he was driving when we went to school together, that thing was MADNESS, he jacked it to like 350 horses.

its not super pimp, but anyhow

nice pictures, missing my home. funny i had pretty drives like this no matter which way i left my town, but you dont appreciated it until you dont have it

BigD
10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
So what did you guys end up running? I did around 10 mins to the bridge in my E46 318i auto. I think I could have done a bit better, I got held up for a few corners by a biker caravan around the carousel.

europrince
10-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Those are some serious cars. I love that Porsche!

jstalin
10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
beautiful pics of switzerland

Gamite
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Not sure D, we'll have to check the video camera for times. It was probably around the 10min mark.

EMPOWERD
10-26-2007, 12:54 PM
I forgot about that almost, but truth is, alcohol and teens is not a big deal in europe, you can easily go out for dinner when you 14 or 15 and get a beer. the law is beer and wine 16 and up, hard liquor 18 and up. funny enough, there is no huge teen drinking problem in europe. I think i heard statistics that actually say North America has a much higher rate of juvenile alcoholics then europe/germany. There is just no big "kick" in getting wasted when you are young as it is very available. thining back to my own youth, i was pretty much done with my heavy party and drinking days by the time i turned 21. also, teens in germany are MUCH more mature then in the US. Most sutdents are done with school with 16, then they move on to an apprenticeship program which is on the job training paired with some school every few weeks, but it is essentially a full time job with little pay.

Actually Mickey, you couldn't be further from the truth now-a-days. Ironically, I just watched an RTL special on TV 2 nights ago about under-aged drinking problems in Germany. Apparently 1 in 5 teens under the age of 15 have a drinking problem. The rate of alcoholics has risen 140% over the past 2 years and the government is clamping down on corner stores that are selling to minors with EU 50,0000 fines. I'm sure it was different when you were here, but kids will be kids and eventually they will ruin a "good thing".

Mickey Knox
10-26-2007, 01:49 PM
... thats i amazing that youth alcoholism took a drastic turn there. I left 8 years ago, so i wouldnt have known. anxious to see if it feels different when i go back in 2009, hope a few other things have changed as well to the better.

330ci05
10-26-2007, 04:00 PM
So what did you guys end up running? I did around 10 mins to the bridge in my E46 318i auto. I think I could have done a bit better, I got held up for a few corners by a biker caravan around the carousel.

so how does that work, u can just drive up to the traack and go for a lap? or u have to book it? howmuch is it??

BigD
10-26-2007, 04:28 PM
so how does that work, u can just drive up to the traack and go for a lap? or u have to book it? howmuch is it??

After 5pm on most weeknights they have open lapping. I don't remember all the pricing but I bought 5 laps for 80 Euro (so I guess that's 16 a lap, don't remember if it's cheaper or more expensive as you get more or fewer). It sucks cause the craziest straight of any racetrack is basically castrated by the tool booth. You gotta pull in like 1/10th of the way into the straight to go through the gate again.

It's legally just a toll road, which is what makes it scary. On the same lap I almost killed a moped rider, passed a tourist bus and got smoked by a race prepped Viper (I don't know how fast he was going, this was on one of the back hilly straights, I was always watching mirrors, I DID NOT SEE HIM! next thing I know I almost get blown off the road)

EMPOWERD
10-27-2007, 04:44 AM
it's 19.-EU a lap now; Used to be cheaper. If you go to the Nurburgring museum, you can buy your admission ticket with 1 lap for and they give you an extra lap for free (thanks to madchigga for that advice!). It's extremely addictive, typically lapping starts @1pm weekdays and goes till 7pm (depending on their schedule & season - best to check the website). It's open to the public, all you do is go up to the machine and pay per lap (see pic). No camera/video recorders allowed during lapping (we snuck one on). It's incredible the amount of serious cars there during the week when the weather is good. Easily five or more GT3RS's and CSL's at any given time.

Gamite
10-27-2007, 04:57 AM
Some last minute coaching for Mclaren Mercedes

Quack
10-27-2007, 09:56 AM
that last set of pics is priceless:D

AceOfSpades
10-27-2007, 12:09 PM

+1 lmfao:D

DAM
10-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Damn, I have to hit the ring

Good pics guys, I am envious

STALKER
10-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

330ci05
10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
it sucks that there is No video recorders allowed during lapping :( i'm sure lot of ppl bring them along like u guys did... can't wait to see the video!!

Sa///M3
10-27-2007, 03:16 PM
+1 That's ****ing great

denisemichel
10-27-2007, 03:24 PM
amazing pictures, love that CSL M3 pic!*mw*

BMW_7
10-27-2007, 05:37 PM
nice stuff

M3ti Compact
10-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Whats the reason for no video cameras for lapping? How do they enforce that?

EMPOWERD
10-28-2007, 05:35 AM
A few years ago, when I went with (maX's) " Nuvolari " to the Essen Motor Show, we lapped the 'ring in our Clio rental. Rob was holding the camera up to the dashboard as I approached the entry gate. I put my ticket stub in, but it kept rejecting it, and the gate would not open. A voice through the speaker said "no video/camera allowed!". The guard house has mirror tint, so we didn't see the guard... but after quickly getting out and throwing the equipement in the trunk, we were underway.

This time around, we kept the video camera under the seat until the gate let us through, then we started filming. Julian started to feel nauseous after the first few corners while holding the camera, which screwed up the rest of the day for his stomach. The video was too shakey... making you sick just watching it! The second time around, we squeezed the camera between the seat and the headrest... which worked great, unfortunately we ran out of tape after the first corner... and didn't realize it until it was too late, at the hotel that night.

Old_School
10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
They don't want a loose camera flopping around inside the cabin when you hit the wall.

330DTM
10-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Blairwitch Driving :D Post the footage when you get back regardless if it looks shakey. *th-up*

There's a special technique on holding camcorders in-car to make it smooth. I've done it before at Shannonville free hand and my friends Integra Type R's suspension was quite stiff. You have to almost sit up properly, plant your feet at sides or front floor board and if I remember place you arms to your side with two hands on the camcorder. You'll just have to fight against the lateral and accelerating G-forces by compensating and dampening it (flex abs/tense up arms/tense up legs) so that when you watch the video, it doesn't look like you're on a motorcycle if you know what I mean.

BeemerBuddy
10-30-2007, 01:46 AM
i've done the same tequnique while filming Tunerworks Bimmerfest Cruis a few years ago, its quite a workout.*th-up*