PDA

View Full Version : need fog lamps and oil-cooler grill for my '87

kamus
10-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Can anyone suggest some replacement fog-lamps for an 87 E30 - and some good places to get 'em?

I also need to replace the grill or covering for the exposed oil cooler. Thoughts?

Thanks!

kamus
10-17-2007, 11:13 PM
bumping my thread because the wind blowing thru the holes in my front valance are causing bits to peel off the inside of the front wheel-arches :D

craz azn
10-17-2007, 11:22 PM
You have a newer style valance on your car correct? The newer style fogs are hard to find in good shape. Two options, Dealer, or Mr. Lens. You can buy acrylic lenses from Mr Lens and glue those onto your existing fogs, assuming yours are missing or you have a cracked lens.

As for the oil cooler grill, whats wrong with the stock one? If you really need to cover it up, put some wire mesh in there to stop bigger pieces of debris from getting in there.

Hows your new engine BTW?

kamus
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
I'll try to post a photo of the valance tonight, because I'm not sure which style it is. My car has no fogs, just holes in the valance. So I need the fogs, not just lenses.

The oil cooler grill is missing, always has been, so nothing wrong with the stock one, just need to know where I can get it.

cheers!

Axxe
10-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Just buy fog blanks from the dealer. They are inexpensive.

AWD_Guy
10-18-2007, 02:06 PM
bavauto carries the grill insert for infront of the oil cooler.