PDA

View Full Version : Buy great autos scam

laura3
10-17-2007, 01:10 AM
I am in the process of being screwed by this company. Does anyone know any recourse I can take or am I SOL!:mad:

dgmorr
10-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Details?

europrince
10-17-2007, 09:39 AM
???

e36_freak
10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
details in this alert i posted awhile back
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95169

i read up on a few ways that ppl have tried to get their money back. but it's long and difficult battle. it all depends on how persistent u are

laura3
10-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Same story as everyone else....
Phone call from company"Buy Great Autos". I assume they found my ad in the Vancouver Island Buy Sell & Trade (as that is the only advertising I had done). They gave me the spiel that they have a few clients interested in my mini van and will pay full asking price. All I have to do is pay $299.00 (plus tax). I said no Thank you. They called again after a couple weeks. I had no action on my van so I listened even more. They told me after 90 days I could receive my full money back guaranteed, if they have not sold it. I then asked why their clients would not shop around and barter prices with sellers. Their reply was that their clients could not get financing from anyone but their company had "pre approved" them. This was Sept 17/07 and I have heard nothing. I put in numerous calls and none were returned. On my last call I finally spoke with the agent who signed me up Her name is Suki Bains her job title "sales". She apologized for not returning any of my many phone calls. She was in emergency and just got out of hospital. I told her I was unhappy with their service they were not providing and that I wanted my money back today. She said she would get back to me....never did big surprise! I just called her and her reply was " oh I am so sorry I don't know where my mind was." She said her manager had emailed me which I will post their reply next.

propr'one
10-17-2007, 04:27 PM
How did you pay them their 299$?

if it was with a creditcard, call your company, charge that shit back.

Michel
10-17-2007, 07:57 PM
hmm sounds bad! I don't mean to steal this thread but I got an email today about my car that seems to be a scam, not sure if anyone can confirm.
this is the email;

Hello,
My name is Sameul Mattew. am interested in buying your Car. i will like to know the last asking price of the Car with the pics and the present condition okay i will be looking forward to read from today thanks and god bless you amen.
Best Regard.
Sameul Mattew.
Here is my private email address: samuelandmattew1@yahoo.se

LOL, wth is @yahoo.SE ?? sweden?! plus the email was sent from some other guy's hotmail account :peterandjohn4@hotmail.com

Anyways, if its not a scam I appologize to this buyer for putting up his email address but this e-mail is beyond sketch :|

anyone else get something like this?
thanks guys,
god bless you amen.

propr'one
10-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Since you likely have pics and descriptions, send them to him.

If i were you, i would make clear that you will not
-ship the car internationally
-pay anything to anyone upon delivery
-release the car to anyone until your bank has cleared all funds.

here's what i do when i'm selling someone something.

ask them for a phone number (not cell) that's listed under their last name. Good way to have some extra security.

laura3
10-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes by credit card....can I do that????

They just called me a bit ago & said that they will be refunding my money, but it may take 2-3 weeks until I receive it. After hanging up I thought about it (yes a little slow today). I called back & asked why it would take that long and in what form I will receive my money (as I used credit card). They said they were sending me a cheque, that is when she said "oh we don't have your address, what is it?" I told her what it was.

propr'one
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
call your credit card company, tell them they are ripping you off, and for them to charge back the amount.

If you push for them to do it, they WILL.

Darren20
05-20-2008, 05:38 PM
I went through the same thing with the email stating2-3 weeks and I called back after it never showed up and they said they are refusing my refund. I filed a complaint with BBB in BC which didn't resolve it but I was contacted by www.bpcpa.ca and they have got others their money back. Im in the middle of it right now. As well you can call your Credit Card company inform them you never received the service which you paid for and that should work. Visa or M/C usually side with their clients.