PDA

View Full Version : Hey what do you guys think about INSURANCE THEFT RECOVERY cars?

Bimmer4ever
10-17-2007, 12:25 AM
I've seen some insurance theft recovery cars on advertisement last week. So...Why is it so cheap and how about the insurance on those cars? ?? Need some info and looking for e36 m3 just for parts swap...

Eurostyle
10-17-2007, 12:39 AM
If you are looking for parts, why do you care about Theft Recovery!? I doubt it will be that cheap anyways...

You have to be carefull about warranty with some brands, Honda being one of them, as they dont cover anything that was stolen and recovered. But if you are willing to overlook that, you can save BIG $$$...

Most of Theft Recoverys are insurance scams IMO, as they rarely have anything missing, or broken locks etc...Real theft cars end up as shells. at the bottom of a lake! (or chopped to pieces and never found)...

Bimmer4ever
10-17-2007, 12:44 AM
If you are looking for parts, why do you care about Theft Recovery!? I doubt it will be that cheap anyways...

You have to be carefull about warranty with some brands, Honda being one of them, as they dont cover anything that was stolen and recovered. But if you are willing to overlook that, you can save BIG $$$...

Most of Theft Recoverys are insurance scams IMO, as they rarely have anything missing, or broken locks etc...Real theft cars end up as shells. at the bottom of a lake! (or chopped to pieces and never found)...

Ye I just want to know about the theft recovery thing, saw it on some sites and got shocked with the money you can save...and one more thing is that..If you bought a car like that, How can you get the car insured? Just phone the insurance company and tell them the car is with a insurance theft recovery title?..Will it be more expansive?

Eurostyle
10-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Theft cars have clean title in most cases, so nothing special with insurance...Just make sure you know what the BRAN is one that vehicle.

It might be hard to get sevice at the dealer later on, as in some cases the car shows as "destroyed" in the system...even tho it does not have a scratch on it! lol

Another BM
10-17-2007, 01:21 AM
where did you see these for sale...