PDA

View Full Version : Bmw m3 vs Nissan 350z

mikeski
10-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Well anyone wanna talk me into staying with a BMW M3, I've been looking for a 2004 M3 and now I am thinking of getting a 2005 Nissan 350z both are nice cars, but I cant make up my mind anymore I am so lost what to get that I don't even wanna touch any of them and just keep driving my daily till I figure out what to get 100% any ideas?

spoony_prelude
10-16-2007, 10:18 PM
maybe see if u can rent both for a few days at a time, then compare, cause theres only 1 important opinion in it and its yours cause your gonna be driving it right, goodluck
jay

summit425
10-16-2007, 10:45 PM
M3 vs 350Z : BMW M3 (E46) is noticeably faster.

http://fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=compare&car1=458da861dbf7c&car2=47131d9ba5ec4

space, looks, specs.. M3 is the choice.

330DTM
10-16-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm on the same boat as you, except there's no point for me to decide as I won't be getting it exactly NOW. If you're on a budget, I'd go with the 350z, but if you can afford the M3 I'd go with that.

I was considering the 350z Track Package 2003 model as it had the Rayes 18" rims, cloth sport seats (manual adjustables), LSD, and I can't remember what else. This would fit my needs as I plan on doing a lot of driving events. However, I realized trunk space is smaller compared to the M3 and I can't fit any passengers in the rear, which to me is something important.

mikeski
10-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Like I am going to the states to buy a Car cause there way cheaper there, only downside is I have to buy the car from a dealer cause the broader will only tax me on the price of the car I bought it from the dealership, however if I go private sale, the boarder will now tax me on the black or blue book whatever one it is in Canada. So say I can get a 350z For around $22,000U.S and then the Canadian price for that same model sits around $36,000 I am gonna get taxed hardcore, its pretty ruff trying to figure out boarder costs and what not, but I did most of my research and have a great deal of understanding and I am gonna be getting a car from the states so the 350z and M3 still aren't to far off for price but still unsure what one to get, anyone know where you can rent one of the two cars to test drive for a day?

diezel06turk
10-17-2007, 12:26 AM
u should go with the m3 bud

tig
10-17-2007, 12:49 AM
m3 alll the wayy, 350z is a nice car but its a ricer i dont care what ne one says i cant stand seeing so many of them all riced out parked outside of pacific mall when i drive by

someguy
10-17-2007, 01:43 AM
askin this on a bimmer forum....i think you know what im gonna say

Sa///M3
10-17-2007, 01:47 AM
askin this on a bimmer forum....i think you know what im gonna say
I think they'd say the same thing over at the z forums... :P

E46 M3>350Z

Now E36 M3 vs. 350z that's debatable (I personally like the E36s' better).

Soldo
10-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Your gonna get a lot of biased opinions since you are on a BMW forum.

In all honesty though, if money is an issue, get the 350z. As nice as the M3's are, you'll get the most for your money by going with the Z. Also, if you don't mind loosing out on the rear seats (unless you go for the Z's bigger cousin the G35 coupe) and truck space is also another thing you should consider. Since although they are similar in categories, those little factors do put them in somewhat slightly different classes!

Blades
10-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Your going to get biased opinions .. but I drivin both and here is what I find.

M3 is a bit quicker but not that much. Personally I love how the 350z hugs you within the car .. the short windows and it being a coupe. The exhaust sound is more better in the 350z as well. I find traction control is much better in the M3 and the ride quality as well.

From what I hear from people any 2004 350z has clutch issues ..the dealer blames the driver but I think it was finally made a recall. I also hear about electrical issues as well with the G35. The M3 has issues as well but I dont remember them off the top of my head .. they were the 2000-2001 M3s.

5JABIJ8
10-17-2007, 10:50 AM
M3 all the way!!!*th-up* Has Class and good Looks. Although 350z is a nice car but have to do too much to it for it look nice. where as the M3 comes nicely done right out off the lot!!

denisemichel
10-17-2007, 04:11 PM
M3 all the way!

philthy328
10-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Like I am going to the states to buy a Car cause there way cheaper there, only downside is I have to buy the car from a dealer cause the broader will only tax me on the price of the car I bought it from the dealership, however if I go private sale, the boarder will now tax me on the black or blue book whatever one it is in Canada. So say I can get a 350z For around $22,000U.S and then the Canadian price for that same model sits around $36,000 I am gonna get taxed hardcore, its pretty ruff trying to figure out boarder costs and what not, but I did most of my research and have a great deal of understanding and I am gonna be getting a car from the states so the 350z and M3 still aren't to far off for price but still unsure what one to get, anyone know where you can rent one of the two cars to test drive for a day?

This is not true, the border will not tax you on the black or blue book value. When you go to the border you bring the page where the car was advertised, a copy of the check or prove of money you gave the person you bought the car off, the persons phone number and a written contract of how much you paid for the car. Then they tax you on the actual amount you paid for the car, not the canadian price.
My dad has imported 4 cars already from the states and this is what he did not to get taxed the way you say.

P.S. Get the m3

e30_kid89
10-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Your going to get biased opinions .. but I drivin both and here is what I find.

M3 is a bit quicker but not that much. Personally I love how the 350z hugs you within the car .. the short windows and it being a coupe. The exhaust sound is more better in the 350z as well. I find traction control is much better in the M3 and the ride quality as well.

From what I hear from people any 2004 350z has clutch issues ..the dealer blames the driver but I think it was finally made a recall. I also hear about electrical issues as well with the G35. The M3 has issues as well but I dont remember them off the top of my head .. they were the 2000-2001 M3s.

Hahaha. A buddy of mine that used to go to my H.S. got a used 350z. First thing it needed - Clutch.:D Intresting it was a recall issue.

I think the issue you're talking about with the M3's is the main bearing recall thingy.

AceOfSpades
10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
M3 all the way!

+1+1+1.....

JMW
10-18-2007, 07:18 AM
oh god..i have the infinity g35coupe..basically the same car as the 350z...its shit

wow its shit

heavy, slow, the clutch is a weird movement, suspension creaks, always in the dealer gettin serviced....and interior is cheap..only good things are the way it looks, the brembo brakes, the exhaust sound, annnndddd no wait thats it
get the m3

Mikeee46coup
10-18-2007, 08:18 AM
I like the 350Z very much, BUT the interior (materials) are far too cheap and poorly put together to be compared with the well maid BMW interior, also the 350Z consumes (from my experience) quite a bit more fuel than E46 M3.