PDA

View Full Version : Feelers ... considering selling 1986 E30 Eurospec 320i

Colin Hughes
10-16-2007, 03:34 PM
My wife is presently driving a 1986 320i Eurospec, imported from Germany about five years ago by the previous owner. It is a two door, 5 speed, blue with cloth interior. There is rust on the two front fenders behind the wheels but other than that, the body has original paint and looks fairly good. It has a set of 15" BSS wheels with Toyo tires plus winter tires with ugly rims, however, they are covered with a set of BMW hubcaps. The car has just over 200,000 kms and the timing belt and water pump were replaced about two months ago. We've replaced a front control arm and a rear bushing and axle/cv assembly (hole in cv boot went unnoticed and damaged cv). Front pads and rotors were replaced around July. I have receipts for all work which was done by Sam's Garage in Markham. It has an uprated really nice sounding sound system. I also have the original stereo, speakers and a few extra parts in the basement. Would I be out of line asking about $3500 for this car? Would anybody be interested in it? Let me know. Thanks for your time.
I'll post some photos tonight.

Colin Hughes
10-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Here's some photos of the 320i. BTW, reason for considering parting with it, I have the chance to pick up a 2002 325xi.

Axxe
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Where are the side repeaters?

e36_freak
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
wow those are some big pix. but clean lookin e30. love that analog clock that's so cool

good luck with the sale

T.Dot_E30
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Would I be out of line asking about $3500 for this car? Would anybody be interested in it? Let me know.

With the amount of rust, and the fact that its a less than desirable european model, I think you'd have a hard time convincing a buyer why they should buy your european model over a better equipped 325i/s/ix.

The only thing that car has going for it is the european bumpers. Not much else.

VSanj
10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
^^Easy brother

Colin Hughes
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Yes, there is rust on both front fenders and I made that clear in my original post. My friend who runs a bodyshop quoted me $75-80 for a new one. We actually liked the idea of wind up windows, etc as it was less things to go wrong. I still enjoy driving it very much and I may just keep it. I just wanted to see if there was interest. BTW, why are Eurocars less desirable, the only drawback I see is that the control centre above the windscreen is labelled in German. Once I got it translated, I was fine :) Oh yes, I didn't realize the photos would come out so large, my apologies.

e30_kid89
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Take a few detailed underbody shots, to show the condition if theres any rust or not. Just a suggestion.

T.Dot_E30
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
BTW, why are Eurocars less desirable, the only drawback I see is that the control centre above the windscreen is labelled in German. Once I got it translated, I was fine :) Oh yes, I didn't realize the photos would come out so large, my apologies.

Normally they aren't, certain models are very desirable, this isn't one of them.

But a 320i with m20s were like yours, which I haven't heard good things about. Normally imported cars would have lots of euro goodies, Euro Ellipsod headlights, Mtech1 or Mtech2 body pieces.

and usually imported cars have less rust, which is another reason people want them........

craz azn
10-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Hey guys its actually fairly sound underneath considering its appearance. I looked at it not too long ago. Its obviously no show queen but its not bad. IIRC looks like it was rustproofed, so that may explain why the underbody is solid.

New fenders, and a full paint job, this car would come out really nice. Excellent project car. *th-up*

Easy there Trev LOL ;)

jeremy
10-17-2007, 09:29 PM
With the amount of rust, and the fact that its a less than desirable european model, I think you'd have a hard time convincing a buyer why they should buy your european model over a better equipped 325i/s/ix.

The only thing that car has going for it is the european bumpers. Not much else.

i agree..sorry.