PDA

View Full Version : warrenty question

328IScreamer
10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
About 4 months ago i got a new clutch installed at the bmw dealership in windsor. I am now noticing a vibration in the pedal when i am letting it out and a metal burning type smell. This seems to me that the flywheel could be warped? I'm going to take it back to the dealership but my question is should this be covered under warrenty? Any input is appreciated
thanks!

RMPMOTORS
10-14-2007, 03:49 PM
If you are noticing a vibration in the pedal, it is more then likely that it is an release bearing problem.

You should call the dealer, and if the problem is anything that they replaced during the clutch kit install (kit=release bearing, disk and presure plate). It should be replaced under warrenty.

328IScreamer
10-14-2007, 04:12 PM
thanks alot!
i gotta tell ya that i'm relieved that it's most likely under warrenty

dtthiaga
10-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I had the exact same problem. Clutch release bearing went very early, and I had to have my clutch replaced (clutch kit). The replacement was done at a BMW dealer under warranty.

The replacement was worse than the original. Major vibration.

I took it back, and the release bearing was gone again, and pretty much wore out the cluch on a angle. All of this happened within 2 weeks. All parts were replaced under warranty again.

328IScreamer
10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
good to hear!
i made an appt to take the car in on thursday and they said they are going to do an inspection to find out whats wrong. Is this inspection gunna cost me anything?

europrince
10-15-2007, 02:46 PM
gotta love the service at these dealerships