PDA

View Full Version : Bill 203 have you down?

mayo
10-12-2007, 06:35 PM
if you actually want to do something to support the fight against Bill 203.

www.semasan.com

If you do not know what Sema is already it is the biggest automotive trade show in the world specializing in automotive speciality products. The show has more then 100,000 industry leaders from over 100 countries.

Such companies as MSD, Edelbrock, Mr. Gasket, Skunk2 just to name a few.

Sema supports the the fight to change Bill 203 and with your vote the Bill could change.

if you do not know what Bill 203 is already click here

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/about/bill203.htm

dtm1
10-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Why does this need to be changed? You should not be street racing or driving over 50km/h.

bimmer_02
10-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I think its freakin stupid. A $10,000 maximum fine, 6 demerit points, a 7-day license suspention and car seizure is to harsh of a punishment for doing 151 km/hr on the highway. I know there's alot of stupid people out there that deserve to be punished before they kill someone. But giving the police this much authority? i think it could be taken advantage of. Anyways, sorry i had to let that out. Im gona go vote now.

BimmerboyPH
10-13-2007, 12:12 AM
I cant find where im to go to vote

abc12
10-13-2007, 10:34 AM
i agree as well... think this bill is totally stupid... in my opinion...just another cash grab for the city of toronto... always and will forever rip off it's people.... another reason i never ever vote.... it's all bullshit... never promise what they say, they just do the opposite and screw you over.... sometimes i just wanna get out of here.... but i do love toronto.. born and raised here.

with todays cars and technology.... 100 km/h is nothing... and doesn't even feel your going that fast.... epsecially with the well-built european vehicles...like beamers...

i'm definitly gonna vote... but in my opinion... don't think it'll change anything... but worth a shot though....

collisiontek
10-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Guilty without trial, covicted on the side of the road? Guilty until proven inocent. Nobody sees our rights being violated, What if some cop just decides to stick it to you because He/She feel like it. But they want to give D.U.I drivers there license back early?WTF.

M3ti Compact
10-13-2007, 12:00 PM
My problem is not 150km/h over. My problem is that the cops can seize your car on the spot with no legal recourse. So pretty much if you piss a cop off enough, all they have to do is say you were going 150km/h over, or any of the MANY other things listed in that bill, and take your car- sure you can fight it later, and sure you might win, but after they have taken your car and licence for 7 days, caused you many inconviences, and not to mention financial harm.

And now come on, how many times have we read the horror stories (or even experienced ourselves) the police indiscretion, vehicular profiling, and other random bonus bullshit pullovers and tickets. This bill really gives the police WAY too much power, and it's really concerning considering that some can't even be properly responsible for the power they had originally.

Soldo
10-13-2007, 12:05 PM
What kills me is their making this WORSE than DUI, eventhough DUI has killed significantly more and now the focus is more on these "stunt" drivers rather than things that are actually important.

JMW
10-13-2007, 12:30 PM
it wont stop.........its just because unlike cities like L.A where cops actually have to do their job...in canada they are bored...so therefore by passing these bills, it makes the cops look like they are actually "serving and protecting"...really they are just ****in us with the long dick of the law

El Gato Liso
10-13-2007, 01:28 PM
it wont stop.........its just because unlike cities like L.A where cops actually have to do their job...in canada they are bored...so therefore by passing these bills, it makes the cops look like they are actually "serving and protecting"...really they are just ****in us with the long dick of the law

you mean short dick of the law...thats why its angry.

Marky_mark
10-13-2007, 03:31 PM
This new law is tough it sure makes me think twice about pushing my car over 50 on the hwy. The thing is I see it all the time when I am out on are roads (BAD drivers) which I think is why our Government and the police forces put this law in to effect I'm not saying its a bad thing about the new law but they need to change it. We live in a free country and have democracy this thing about getting your car and your licence taken away from you for 7 days and paying out huge fines is B.S. your guilty before you get to have your say in court i can understand with the law that if your going 50 over in the city or in our subdivisions where speeds are 50 or 40 or 60 then yes you should get busted but on a 400 series Hwy where its open and made for speeds above 100 this is where we need changes either keep the law the way it is and do us all a favour and raise the speed limit on our Hwy's to 120 or 130 our cars are made to do these speeds safely the police also need to focus on the drinking and driving a lot more then they do I have seen it to many times where people that are caught drunk and driving get a good lawyer and get off which is telling the person who got busted for DUI its okay to drink and drive just call your lawyer and get him to get you out of this mess this should not be allowed if your to drunk to drive then don't drive its common sence which is what a lot of people don't have.

propr'one
10-13-2007, 04:00 PM
This new law is tough it sure makes me think twice about pushing my car over 50 on the hwy.

Proof that this works.

tig
10-13-2007, 06:49 PM
fuk this law its completly bull sh**t i hate this city, i dont really speed or drive like an idiot but still 50 over is nothing, anyone that drives on a highway like the 404 where the limit is 90 thru the city can get caught doing 50 over just by speeding up a little to pass cars happend to me once about 2 years ago, i wasnt even trying to speed just wanted to pass a car so i can exit the highway, lawyers shouldnt have a problem ripping into this in the courts tho if ppl get conviced i would definatly get a lawyer right away, it is definatly an infringement on our rights just another stupid cash grab by the government

bmdbley'sBro
10-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Proof that this works.

hmm so along those lines ....
lets suspend all our rights & make it a police state where you can live in fear of being caught for 'whatever'

yeah we just mobilize every canadian cities police forces to go door to door, house by house searching everything & everyone..
because the cops don't have xray robot eyes (yet) and this makes it hard for them to see what crimes you're committing in the privacy of your own home.

so in an effort to make the cops jobs less hard and to allow a safer better canada we're suspending your rights & searching ur undy's drawer for contraband. criminals are bad mmmk & this will work! u do want a safer canada don't u??

f'n sheeple, buncha sad humps most would probably say 'ok i have nothing to hide'
while if you actually stopped & compared the above to a jailed inmate, having his cell searched for contraband
you might be upset by the similarities of your new found 'safety' & his 'punishment'