PDA

View Full Version : What were you occupied with at age 11?

ringle
10-07-2007, 12:07 AM
BOUTTE, La. - An 11-year-old boy led police on a chase that reached speeds of more than 160 kilometres an hour, leading to charges for him and his parents, who are accused of letting him drive for months, state police said.

Leona Calloway, 32, and Rodney Brown, 46, were charged with improper supervision of a minor and allowing an unlicensed minor to drive. Officials booked the boy, who was not identified because of his age, with felony flight from an officer, reckless driving, speeding, passing on the shoulder, improper lane usage and having no driver's licence.

Neither the parents nor the boy were jailed, and the child was released to the custody of an aunt, said state police spokesman Joseph Piglia.

The chase started at 6:30 a.m. Friday on Interstate 310 on the outskirts of New Orleans when a state trooper recorded a sport utility vehicle going 130 km/h in a 100-km/h zone, Piglia said.

The trooper turned on his lights and siren and tried to stop the driver, but the boy accelerated, passing several other vehicles on the shoulder and forcing cars off the road, according to state police.

Finally, the boy turned off the interstate and drove to a Burger King restaurant where his mother worked.

State police said the boy was driving home to Boutte from a hospital in Kenner after dropping off his disabled father for an appointment. He had been driving his father around for six months, authorities said.

Eurostyle
10-07-2007, 12:21 AM
He did what he had to do to help his father...not like he was just joyriding.
To me family comes first, way before any laws...so i dont see any problem with it...

propr'one
10-07-2007, 01:07 AM
i'll give that kid my licence, he probably deserves it more than i do

Boots R
10-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Why does an american based story have KM recorded times?

craigIS
10-07-2007, 09:42 AM
you can convert from mph to km/h....that 11 year old had awsome control over the vehicle going 130 i a 100. like its not hard to maintan control for me an you but for an 11 year old! c'mon thats damn impresive...

cheers to the kid!!

AceOfSpades
10-07-2007, 10:07 AM
he should get his lisence soon*th-up*

BMW_7
10-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I personally know a guy in Ukraine who was a head or 'up there' in the department of transportation. His son, at the time was also 11 and he used to dive my family and him around when we went to Yalta. I was always jealous of him because my family couldn't even afford cars at that age (I was 10 or so). But then again that guy was luckier to begin with cause his father had connections with the USSR so obviously it would not even be a problem.

When we came to Canada I begged my mom that she let me drive the car that we had (1987 Sable :D) and I just drove it rarely around the parkinglot until I got my licence. It was better than nothing but I was still disappointed. I wish I learned how to drive earlier.

If I had a kid I would teach him to drive in a deserted area or on the track so by the time he is 16 he can be the best driver on the road :P lol

magnus
10-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I drive since i was 10! Bought my first car at 14.....got caught twice but the cops let me go (this was in Greece) cause i knew them.