PDA

View Full Version : ordering wheels from Europe

roaster
10-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey guys I want to get new wheels for the e30 has any one from here order anything from europe. looking for a deep dish style rims, there is nothing around here.:confused:
Any help would be nice.

Zorin
10-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Customs will kill you :-)
If you know somebody in Europe, ask them to buy them for you and have them shipped via shipping company with "low" value on export papers.
Funny, but it is cheaper to import older car in a shipping container rather than exhaust or rims. That car can also come with rims and exhaust :-)

T.Dot_E30
10-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Customs will kill you :-)
If you know somebody in Europe, ask them to buy them for you and have them shipped via shipping company with "low" value on export papers.
Funny, but it is cheaper to import older car in a shipping container rather than exhaust or rims. That car can also come with rims and exhaust :-)

I've never heard something less true. I had wheels shipped from germany DHL n paid zero qhen they came

Zorin
10-05-2007, 08:44 AM
I've never heard something less true. I had wheels shipped from germany DHL n paid zero qhen they came

But you used a shipping company - DHL, try that using postal service and you will see what I mean.

T.Dot_E30
10-05-2007, 08:54 AM
But you used a shipping company - DHL, try that using postal service and you will see what I mean.

you do know DHL owes deutsche post (the post office in germany)?

either way, the one set of wheels i ordered came dhl n i didn't ask, im not sure about others, just have em ship dhl

Zorin
10-05-2007, 09:58 AM
you do know DHL owes deutsche post (the post office in germany)?

either way, the one set of wheels i ordered came dhl n i didn't ask, im not sure about others, just have em ship dhl

As far as I remember, DP was privatized and DHL bought part of it to offer their service through DP. Anyways, if sending anything from Europe to NA, stay away from postal services. I remember importing parts for my dad's NSU (long gone) and paying a fortune.

qimis
10-05-2007, 10:27 AM
check www.tunershop.com

roaster
10-06-2007, 06:03 PM
*th-up* Thanks I will try tunershop

BMW03
10-06-2007, 07:59 PM
tuner shop has some nice cars that they did, but it seems like it is so expensive...... or I am just really poor and cheep.

qimis
10-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Maybe cause it's including shipping on their price?