PDA

View Full Version : Water Under Rear Seat

Colin Hughes
10-03-2007, 08:55 AM
I took the rear seat out of my wife's 1986 Eurospec 320i and discovered water pooling on the passenger side floor above the fuel pump area. The windows seem fine, the floor seems fine but I'm wondering if it could be coming in around where the gas line runs through the rear pass inner wheel well. I'm going to try and seal this area but wondered if anyone else has had this and where their leaks had come from. Any help appreciated.

qimis
10-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Hope this helps:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=418276&postcount=11

oldskool3
10-03-2007, 10:34 AM
sunroof drains might be clogged. try blowing some air down them with a compressor. I had the same problem but my water was pooling on the floor in front of the back seat/ fuel pump access panel

Colin Hughes
10-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I pulled the rear seat out on Sunday, bone dry underneath and my wife had driven through major rain the evening before. I'm thinking with our crazy weather last winter, the sunroof lines might have frozen and backed up. Anyway, pulled the carpet in the trunk and discovered three small holes on the passenger side which I fixed with my roofing tar patch kit. However, went to install the winter tires and as I jacked the front pass side up, the jack went through the floor :( Another repair to get done quickly.