PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Consumtion

srdjE30
10-02-2007, 11:44 PM
I dont know exacly what the problem is but my fuel gauage dosent work properly anymore or at least i think it dosent, shows eaither 0/100km or all the way to the end...besides that it actually does waste a large amount of gas and there is a smell of gas when i step outside the car.....can you please break down the problem to me !!!

T.Dot_E30
10-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Check for gas leaks before you worry about fixing anything else.

srdjE30
10-03-2007, 01:26 PM
yaaa the thing is there is no visible marks on the ground....so the fuel must be evaporated from the heat of the engine and thats what makes the smell !!! but im not sure still did anyone have this problem before?

T.Dot_E30
10-03-2007, 01:29 PM
yaaa the thing is there is no visible marks on the ground....so the fuel must be evaporated from the heat of the engine and thats what makes the smell !!! but im not sure still did anyone have this problem before?

Get someone to put it up on a hoist and check for leaks properly.

There is no reason you should be smelling gas unless there is a leak. Find the leak, fix it, then report back with any improvements.

Fuel gagues don't show 0L/100km readings, your econmometer shows that based on your speed and rate of comsumption. Does you speedo work? If it doesn't then there is your problem. Could be a million things, start with the leak! before your car blows up.