PDA

View Full Version : How much do you figure this would cost?

Dr. Flyview
09-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna go out and get some quotes (Bodylines will be my first stop; should've went there with the other car but he was too busy and I was impatient).

Basically I've gotta fix maybe 3-5 little surface rust spots coming up, pull out 3 tiny door dents and buff out a swipe on the door. Also, rear passenger's was jacked incorrectly and the rocker is a little dented. I want quality work, I don't want to see it's been repainted in said spots.

How much do you figure this should cost for a quality job?

Gamite
09-29-2007, 05:39 PM
it depends on the extent of the "damage" If the rust is all the way through, then you have to cut it out.

Try Autopia, they did work on my car, came out great. and good prices too.

www.autopiaperformance.com

Dr. Flyview
09-29-2007, 07:41 PM
it depends on the extent of the "damage" If the rust is all the way through, then you have to cut it out.

Try Autopia, they did work on my car, came out great. and good prices too.

www.autopiaperformance.com

Nah, just surface rust. Just kind of wanted a ballpark range for what I described so I know if bodyshops' quotes are reasonable.

Gamite
09-29-2007, 11:51 PM
the best way to know is to go to multiple body shops and as for quotes, that will give you your best range.

propr'one
09-30-2007, 02:24 AM
you can't just paint spots if you dont want to see the fix, you gotta repaint the whole panel.

icu
10-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Had my car done by them and .... not a bad job for the money , however a word .... if you have any modifications like Hid lights and the such they don't know what their doing , I went to pickup my car last Fri and no lights , no mains and only one fog was working, they claimed they did not touch anything but it was very obvious that they had ! When the owner came by he said that he hates to work on modified cars like this and to call the person that wired my lights up and was upset that his man was spending tyme on my car.*mumble* Now I'm without lights its 5:00pm and I place a call to Ivan who was just about to leave but said come down and Ill have a look , when I arrived he found that indeed someone had played around with the lights also some damage was done to one of the fogs , re routing the main connectors to the ballast from the fogs got me the main lights back , no idea why they messed with the lights , I can only say they have no knowledge nor the expertise in dealing in these matters. Thanks to Ivan for getting me out of a bind. Just a heads up on this guy.

Dr. Flyview
10-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Had my car done by them and .... not a bad job for the money , however a word .... if you have any modifications like Hid lights and the such they don't know what their doing , I went to pickup my car last Fri and no lights , no mains and only one fog was working, they claimed they did not touch anything but it was very obvious that they had ! When the owner came by he said that he hates to work on modified cars like this and to call the person that wired my lights up and was upset that his man was spending tyme on my car.*mumble* Now I'm without lights its 5:00pm and I place a call to Ivan who was just about to leave but said come down and Ill have a look , when I arrived he found that indeed someone had played around with the lights also some damage was done to one of the fogs , re routing the main connectors to the ballast from the fogs got me the main lights back , no idea why they messed with the lights , I can only say they have no knowledge nor the expertise in dealing in these matters. Thanks to Ivan for getting me out of a bind. Just a heads up on this guy.

Interesting. You talking about BodyLines? What work did you have done to your car? Bumper?

icu
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah Bodylines on Brisbane Rd. M3 bumper rockers and rear valance, nice job on the rockers but as the saying goes you get what you pay for.:rolleyes:

Chris de la Cruz
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Make sure to get some 3M tree repelant.

Dr. Flyview
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM

:( shush!

VSanj
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM

LMAO..................but, i must Flav's new car looks waaaaaaaaaay better than his old one IMO........sometimes things just work out!

rides loooking good brother!

BMW03
10-02-2007, 09:19 AM
car looks fresh already dude.

mpower1226
10-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm gonna go out and get some quotes (Bodylines will be my first stop; should've went there with the other car but he was too busy and I was impatient).

Basically I've gotta fix maybe 3-5 little surface rust spots coming up, pull out 3 tiny door dents and buff out a swipe on the door. Also, rear passenger's was jacked incorrectly and the rocker is a little dented. I want quality work, I don't want to see it's been repainted in said spots.

How much do you figure this should cost for a quality job?

Cant really tell you how much it will cost for rust repair, you would have to bring your car in so that I could take a look at it and give you an estimate.

If you wish, pm me.

Dr. Flyview
10-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Cant really tell you how much it will cost for rust repair, you would have to bring your car in so that I could take a look at it and give you an estimate.

If you wish, pm me.

Cool, didn't know you had a bodyshop. Where are you located? PM any info you wish.

Peace.

propr'one
10-03-2007, 02:14 AM
dave (mpower) works for autopia, which is near jane and highway 7.

i've seen both their shop and their work in person, its nothing short of top notch.