PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there, the cops are on the hunt !!

MGYVER
09-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, right or wrong, like it or not, the cops have the power to impound your car :( and it all starts this Sunday.

"Infractions also include speeding over 50km, any kind of "stunt" driving, such as popping wheelies or doing "doughnuts" by spinning your vehicles. Also falling under the law will be motorists who cut off another vehicle"

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/261595

europrince
09-28-2007, 03:57 PM
repost

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95913

propr'one
bmw is getting stored asap

propr'one

Blades
09-28-2007, 04:04 PM

re-quote

propr'one
09-28-2007, 04:05 PM
lol. shaddap.

StikiGreenZ
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM

I thought it's been stored the past few years Ivan! :D

propr'one
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
yeah for winter,

its too cold anyway, my tires dont grip at night anymore.

Dr. Flyview
09-29-2007, 04:38 PM
yeah for winter,

its too cold anyway, my tires dont grip at night anymore.

It was agreed in previous posts it'd have to dip below 7c for this to happen...it was 12c last night but still.

JUS_CRZN
09-29-2007, 05:14 PM
This sucks...

///tyron
09-29-2007, 07:06 PM
why are they so concerend about speeding and everything lately? everyday on the radio i hear about another shooting, stabbing or police pursuit. shouldnt they be worrying more about murderers and rapists???

Furious
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
lots of people are gonna run. its gonna be interesting to see what happens next.

Understated
09-29-2007, 09:29 PM
lots of people are gonna run. its gonna be interesting to see what happens next.

Exactly, if anything this will make the situation even worse.

e30_kid89
09-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Holy fack. I hope this doesn't give cops the incentive to **** around with "modified" looking cars.

"If a motorist is coming off the 400-series highway at 100 kilometres an hour and hits an 80-zone and then goes through a small town with a 50-zone, they will be 50 over the limit and will get their car impounded," Woolley said.

Thats crazy.

BimmerboyPH
09-30-2007, 12:12 AM
"There are going to be some hot-rock racers upset and there will also be some upset BMW owners."

****ers. This is BS! Sure crack down on speeders while rapists get a slap on the wrist and are kindly asked to be good next time! The justice in this country is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great just as i get my g2 and the keys to our new 328i the fing government has to go a ruin everything. This is so stupid. Sure they make cure the speeding problem and the death tolls will go down a few % but thousands will still be lost each year to poor driving. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this is BS!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Axxe
09-30-2007, 12:20 AM
"There are going to be some hot-rock racers upset and there will also be some upset BMW owners."

****ers. This is BS! Sure crack down on speeders while rapists get a slap on the wrist and are kindly asked to be good next time! The justice in this country is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great just as i get my g2 and the keys to our new 328i the fing government has to go a ruin everything. This is so stupid. Sure they make cure the speeding problem and the death tolls will go down a few % but thousands will still be lost each year to poor driving. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this is BS!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Untangle your panties. You can still drive, just don't speed excessively.

BMW_7
09-30-2007, 12:34 AM

Mine is stored since July 31 :(

thinair
09-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Great just as i get my g2 and the keys to our new 328i the fing government has to go a ruin everything. This is so stupid.

Nothing is ruined, just go to the track. (yes I know I'm a hypocrite)

Dr. Flyview
09-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Well I'm the first victim.

WELL lol, not exactly. Just got a 25 over tonight. 75 in a 50. Damn blacked out cop car (well and cop heh, not being racist just saying) pulls up beside me. He seemed so agitated, giving me attitude. Told me the "conversation is being taped and recorded". I asked him for to see the radar reading the second time he came back to me (to hand me my ticket) and he says I should have asked earlier, rolls his eyes, and walks away. First speeding ticket.

You know what's funny? I've heard many stories of older people like my parents getting tickets and 90% of the time their ticket is reduced officially below what the cop says verbally, yet never for people my age.

propr'one
09-30-2007, 02:16 AM
welcome to driving a black modded bmw and being young. i got my first ticket, 46 over this summer. cop didn't drop it one bit, and i had a clean record.

It was agreed in previous posts it'd have to dip below 7c for this to happen...it was 12c last night but still.

a) you dont know what tires i'm running
b) i can feel the tires not gripping well at night, i dont care what statistics say

slemmer
09-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Betcha if your ride was a van or something looking 'slow' the cop would have dropped it down. Attitude is also another factor, did you greet the cop politely or did you give him attitude?

Chris de la Cruz
09-30-2007, 08:54 AM
who's worried? i'm not worried. Just be smart out there.

AceOfSpades
09-30-2007, 08:58 AM
On the other hand aren't you guys glad that they passed this bs law at the beginning of winter rather than at the beginning of summer? hopefully its all gonna cool down by the time all bimmers are out again*th-up*

Dr. Flyview
09-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Betcha if your ride was a van or something looking 'slow' the cop would have dropped it down. Attitude is also another factor, did you greet the cop politely or did you give him attitude?

Yea dude I was totally nice and calm. He was the one with attitude. So was he not obligated to show me the reading if I didn't ask the first time he came to the car?

Arash
09-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I got a 99 in 50 once on Bayview (3-4 yrs ago), lets just say the cop was super-nice not to suspend our licenses, we told him how sorry we were and we wouldn't do it again, he made us promise (60 yr old or something cop) we promised, then he said he wouldn't show to court, and he kept his word, and I've kept my word ever since *angel*

Except those few times on commercial or country roads, I'm sure he wouldn't mind :D

Bmwstylz
09-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I was pretty disappointed when I first heard about this law, but it doesn't really change much about my driving habits. If you drive smart you will be okay .. hopefully!

It certainly was a rush though last night as a I topped 220km/h on my motorbike (on the private closed road on the way home ;) Definitely more of a thrill actually since I knew if I got radared it would be a hell of a chase.

That said this law gives police wayyyyy too much power. and small infractions like spinning your tires, donuts in a parking lot etc.. do not warrant extreme punishment.

Chris de la Cruz
09-30-2007, 08:26 PM
donuts in a parking lot wouldn't apply b/c its private property. not HTA

Quack
09-30-2007, 09:00 PM
donuts in a parking lot wouldn't apply b/c its private property. not HTA

thank god to that, many laws were broken today:D

Chris de la Cruz
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
lmao! i know :D

Qube
09-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I wonder if Peel Region is still soft. Last I noted they were in a semi-strike type state.

Chris de la Cruz
09-30-2007, 09:25 PM
^^^ i believe they are only giving warnings out

Boots R
09-30-2007, 10:20 PM
^^^ i believe they are only giving warnings out

Only for minor infractions. They are still issuing tickets for Majors.

dbworld4k
09-30-2007, 10:28 PM
http://www.thestar.com/News/article/262045

Arash
09-30-2007, 10:44 PM
ďA young man started crying as his momís car was impounded,Ē said OPP Sgt. Cam Woolley, unable to say if the tears were prompted by the temporary loss of the car, the potential fine, or in anticipation of momís wrath.

:D pwnd!!

TopSpeed
10-01-2007, 12:01 AM

Especially with the 'no car chases' rule that they have. Or the no chasing above 160 kmh ....

So if you're doing 160 which is more than a 50 over, they TECHNICALLY cannot pursue you as they are TECHNICALLY chasing you over their allowed limit ....

Hmmm ... I suspect a lot of chases are going to occur and the media will not jump on that.

That's my opinion :cool:

StikiGreenZ
10-01-2007, 12:38 AM
Just cause they can't chase you doesn't mean they wont use choppers or their new aircraft to track you and set up road blocks in front of you.

mellobudd
10-01-2007, 01:02 AM
there was a chopper with that radar thing early this morning at the gardiner...scared the shit out of me cause i was running a little late for the marathon. bleh. they're just wasting gas on that thing.

DINAN 3
10-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Someone neeeds to challenge that law in court.
I can't imagine it holding up, as you are being punished in advance (impounding) without the right to a fair trial.
That just doesn't make sense ?

rendered
10-01-2007, 10:31 AM
It infringes on our rights and freedoms act.

So if they have all this new technology to catch speeders, shouldn't we all have the right to go down to the states, and have the latest rader detectors and laser jammers installed on our vehicles, to prevent those instances where they try to catch you on radar?

DINAN 3
10-01-2007, 11:05 AM
"Yep", imagine the cop catching the wrong guy.....due to bad aim w/ his radar gun...wondering what damages one would be intitled to seek ?

Anomili
10-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I probably said this in the parallel thread, but get cameras in your cars with a removable hard drive. Video everything and take the hard drive before the cop steals it. Nail these guys, it is disgusting what they are doing.

PS. The papers are MORE at fault because they publish statistics without any analysis.

"340 people have been killed on Ontario roads so far this year, compared with 329 at the same time last year; 87 of this year’s cases involved speed and aggressive driving."
"The law came into effect after several street racing deaths during the past year."

The cops have their own propaganda machine. There have been SEVERAL deaths caused by street racing, but the media makes it out to be over 300. ****ing ASSHOLES. The 300+ deaths probably came from drunk drivers speeding or cops running over people while in pursuit.

thinair
10-01-2007, 12:00 PM
It infringes on our rights and freedoms act.

So if they have all this new technology to catch speeders, shouldn't we all have the right to go down to the states, and have the latest rader detectors and laser jammers installed on our vehicles, to prevent those instances where they try to catch you on radar?

Well, not really. Driving isn't a right, it's a privilege. They have the right to enforce their laws, we only drive on the roads if we're allowed to (aka get licenced).

StikiGreenZ
10-01-2007, 12:05 PM
How can a cop tell if you have a radar jammer in your car?

punnzzells
10-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I hope they keep pulling people over... b/c it's going to be the wrong person once.. and then.. it's lawsuit time.... I can't wait to jump on that class action law suit... mmmmmm... dalton dumb ass jelly spine McGuinty.... wait.. it's coming!

325isRED
10-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Ontario = beginning stages of TOTALITARIANISM

carjoe
10-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Part of this is political grand standing, jump on the hot issues and make the changes before an election. I'll be keeping it in mind when the time to vote comes around.

Seriously, normal drivers have nothing to worry about. 50+? How often do you do that? I don't. Hell, I can't remember the last time I went over 140.

With that being said, I can't say I agree with the law. It certainly makes me think twice about modding my car and I hate that. To hear the tales about my dad's driving days with his Chevelle SS, damn, I was born in the wrong decade.

propr'one
10-01-2007, 01:36 PM
a lot of people on here go much faster than that all the time

Jim .E.
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
this is real deal. they werent trying to scare anyone:

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_15302.aspx
Dozens Of Drivers Caught, Cars Impounded As New Road Rules Take Effect
Monday October 1, 2007
CityNews.ca Staff

Tough new laws against aggressive drivers have resulted in 41 drivers being nabbed by provincial police over the past 24 hours.

The legislation, aimed at street racers and other offending motorists, allows police to seize vehicles on the spot for seven days and suspend drivers' licences for the same amount of time. If found guilty the person behind the wheel may also face a hefty fine of $2,000 or more, not including impound charges.

OPP Sgt. Cam Woolley said the first person was caught minutes after the new laws took effect at 12am Sunday. The driver was allegedly going 160km/h in a black Hyundai. It was the first of 24 cars impounded throughout the day.

"One young man burst into tears as his mother's car was towed away," Woolley noted. "Two of the vehicles were rental cars and of course the drivers will be responsible for an extra week's rental."

The OPP sergeant said he wants aggressive driving to be viewed in the same light as impaired driving.

Under the new legislation vehicles can be seized and fines handed out when drivers:

* Drive 50 km/h or more over the speed limit
* Race and/or stunt drive
* Drive with someone in the trunk

DINAN 3
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
a lot of people on here go much faster than that all the time

That's why we should petition to get our speed limit raised to 130km/hr, so we won't get into trouble until north of 180.

AceOfSpades
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
what would be interesting would be the stats, if they ever release them...
like the percentage of young drivers vs middle aged drivers vs old drivers,
% of modified car(exhaust and wheels must not be included) vs stock cars,
the average cost for the cars seized,
etc

Boots R
10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I broke the law on my way to work. Just out of spite.

MGYVER
10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Driving with someone in the trunk ?!?!:eek:

I'd say you have other things to worry about than traffic laws....(wadda ya doin' Tony ?)

Soldo
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
what would be interesting would be the stats, if they ever release them...
like the percentage of young drivers vs middle aged drivers vs old drivers,
% of modified car(exhaust and wheels must not be included) vs stock cars,
the average cost for the cars seized,
etc
Not gonna happen.... it'd prove that this law is completely unecessary and that the cops should spend more time to do actual work, like FIGHT CRIME. It's much easier to go after street racers, since cops can do most of their work without ever leaving the comfort of their vehicle. They don't get fat from running around and chasing bad guys you know!

*mumble*

e30bim
10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Cam Wooley is an ass pirate.

Boots R
10-01-2007, 02:27 PM

And you're a fag. Where's the mans thousand bucks?

e30_kid89
10-01-2007, 02:34 PM

I read the thread, you my friend, are a pussy. Pay the man you lost the bet.

europrince
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Not gonna happen.... it'd prove that this law is completely unecessary and that the cops should spend more time to do actual work, like FIGHT CRIME. It's much easier to go after street racers, since cops can do most of their work without ever leaving the comfort of their vehicle. They don't get fat from running around and chasing bad guys you know!

*mumble*

Cops do a lot more than just fight crime. From video clips I saw on the news of cars being towed by this campaign, none of them were ricers.

e30bim
10-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I was at Il Paloma with my buddy eating gelato and buddy boy didn't come in. I pm'd him saying I would be there and he pm'd me back saying we should call the bet off and just relax. Who's the pussy? I still showed up, he was prepared to show me some bullshit on a laptop??? I'm sorry, but I told him the guidelines and he wasn't going to live up to them, so why would I give him $1000??? So you guys can all get boners and go oh my god, he's a man now. Because he cut and pasted some online banking page with no information but some numbers and no name??? That online banking page could have been anyones. I don't care what his balance was on Friday. I said I wanted proof from two weeks ago. Point is, I don't give a ****. If anyone has a problem call me up or come meet me at my work. I really don't give a rats ass. You all have my # now so I'm only a call away. I called him out, I did him a favour. If you went by what I told him the requirements were, and what he had to bring me to get his grand, he did not do it. He didn't have paperwork, he didn't try to arrange to bring me to the bank, it was just some guy he scrounged up with a 328xi as far as I'm concerned. He would have been the one owing me the $1000. Would he have went oh, well if you want to go to the bank, we'll do that Saturday. I'm not wasting my time on this horseshit. I said Friday night, he didn't have all the stuff I asked for, so right then and there he would have owed me $1000. He can man up and pay me.

Boots R
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I was at Il Paloma with my buddy eating gelato and buddy boy didn't come in. I pm'd him saying I would be there and he pm'd me back saying we should call the bet off and just relax. Who's the pussy? I still showed up, he was prepared to show me some bullshit on a laptop??? I'm sorry, but I told him the guidelines and he wasn't going to live up to them, so why would I give him $1000??? So you guys can all get boners and go oh my god, he's a man now. Because he cut and pasted some online banking page with no information but some numbers and no name??? That online banking page could have been anyones. I don't care what his balance was on Friday. I said I wanted proof from two weeks ago. Point is, I don't give a ****. If anyone has a problem call me up or come meet me at my work. I really don't give a rats ass. You all have my # now so I'm only a call away. I called him out, I did him a favour. If you went by what I told him the requirements were, and what he had to bring me to get his grand, he did not do it. He didn't have paperwork, he didn't try to arrange to bring me to the bank, it was just some guy with a 328xi as far as I'm concerned. He would have been the one owing me the $1000. Would he have went oh, well if you want to go to the bank, we'll do that Saturday. I'm not wasting my time on this horseshit. I said Friday night, he didn't have all the stuff I asked for, so right then and there he would have owed me $1000. Pay up.

Are you kidding me? He pulled up right at 10:00 with all documents needed to **** you right in the ass with your own $20.00 bills.

BlitzSix
10-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Bullshit. No one PMed you to call it off.

And you're an idiot, obviously we don't expect you to pay because of that screenshot... ALL the papers were ready...car ownership, etc, and the bank statements were online, in REAL time. So it wasn't some photoshopped thing... you can login and check all the shit, and see the past transactions, and you would be able to see that on Sept 17th, the money was still there.

So don't bullshit your way out of this, saying that we didn't have the papers... we had EVERYTHING ready, and YOU didn't show up at the meet, and there are 10+ people to say that you weren't there.

punnzzells
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
What did i miss on " as maxbimmer turns " ??

who bet and what was it about?

europrince
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
settle down boys :)

BigD
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
LOL eating gelato... you were at home with your thumb up your ass, frantically trying to figure out how to save face. This place is way too small for this to blow over for you, you're a joke here for life. A year from now, if you try to come back and post, someone will ask about the grand you OWE. I really hope you're only some 10 year old kid or 16 year old retard, not as old as you claim to be in your profile. The last time I saw this kind of pathetic behavior is in grade school, where kids rampantly deluded themselves into making bizarre claims, with their peers not being yet smart enough to call them on the bullshit, or remember it longer than 5 minutes to call them on it later. Unfortunately some people never grow out of that mental age.

e30bim
10-01-2007, 03:15 PM
You're such a fag. Why would I ever believe some guy in a parking lot with a ****ing laptop. How bad do you need this $1000??? You're obviously working pretty hard for it. I clearly told you we would have to go to the bank, you kept wanting to prove your friends worth in a ****ing PARKING LOT. I'm sorry but I was born at night, not last night. I don't care about some guy who knows his dad's online banking password, or some dude who drives some shitty '92 civic worth less than the bet on the table. I'm sorry but common sense here shows me that this Blitz guy is ****ed in the head and needs to get a job. I obviously have one, but he has time at 2 pm on a weekday to be calling me asking me for money. Get a life. Ask your friend to send you some money from his dads bank account and buy a better car. How does this make any sense? Friends don't let friends drive '92 civics.

Quack
10-01-2007, 03:19 PM
if you said you were there, what kind of fancy cars were parked at La Paloma that night?

BigD
10-01-2007, 03:20 PM
You're such a fag. Why would I ever believe some guy in a parking lot with a ****ing laptop. How bad do you need this $1000??? You're obviously working pretty hard for it. I clearly told you we would have to go to the bank, you kept wanting to prove your friends worth in a ****ing PARKING LOT. I'm sorry but I was born at night, not last night. I don't care about some guy who knows his dad's online banking password, or some dude who drives some shitty '92 civic worth less than the bet on the table. I'm sorry but common sense here shows me that this Blitz guy is ****ed in the head and needs to get a job. I obviously have one, but he has time at 2 pm on a weekday to be calling me asking me for money. Get a life. Ask your friend to send you some money from his dads bank account and buy a better car. How does this make any sense? Friends don't let friends drive '92 civics.

It's the principle of it, you weak minded asshole. You offended many people, threatened with pulling a gun, and said you would back up your shit talking with $1000. So now we expect you to either pay up, or apologize and admit that you were a douchebag. You are clearly incapable of the latter so shut the hell up, stop trying to make pathetic excuses and give the man his money. Or get the **** out of here.

dtthiaga
10-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Hey, didn't I ask you to give the name of the company that your Dad was a CFO of?. You keep avoiding that question as well. Spill it. Which company was your dad a CFO off, to prove your financial knowledge you claimed to have. Remember, you grew up with all this sound financial experience around you. Stop avoiding the Questions at hand!!!

e30bim
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Fancy cars? I saw a pretty fly rusted out '92 civic 5 speed, with a laptop mod in it! That kinda caught my eye for the night.

BlitzSix
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM

Like I said, we had all the papers. Yes, the banking statements were online, but we had the papers to prove that my friend was the owner of the account. The same person who owned the car, who was there, with his ID. I have no idea how you think we can fake a login into CIBC's site... it's a bank, it's secure. THe papers show that the account was his. It's completley idiotic to not believe it jsut because it's online... if anything a bank statement is easier to fake because you can change the numbers. That beign said, had you wanted a hard copy, we would've got one the next day (for Sept 17th date) and brought it to your house (remember, you said we had till Oct 2 to come up with the papers :)).

If you had intended to pay us, you would've showed up, and seen the proof. But you didn't.

Regarding the money, it's more of the principal. As you can see, everyone else from the board is also calling you an idiot, and they're not doing it for the money.

Also, yes I drive a Civic because I'm a student and don't have much money. You aren't exactly a baller with a ten year old 3 series, so stop trying to act like one.

BlitzSix
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Fancy cars? I saw a pretty fly rusted out '92 civic 5 speed, with a laptop mod in it! That kinda caught my eye for the night.

My car wasn't there

BlitzSix
10-01-2007, 03:25 PM
It's the principle of it, you weak minded asshole. You offended many people, threatened with pulling a gun, and said you would back up your shit talking with $1000. So now we expect you to either pay up, or apologize and admit that you were a douchebag. You are clearly incapable of the latter so shut the hell up, stop trying to make pathetic excuses and give the man his money. Or get the **** out of here.

+1 Thank you, all you really had to do was post saying how much of a dumbass you are and we would all be happy. We all know it, so it woudln't really change people's opinion of you anyways.

e30bim
10-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Dttiaga, I will tell you my dads personal information when you tell me your SIN # and Credit Card #'s. Are you ****ing retarded? 90% of Max'ers are normal people and the other 10% are ****ing salivating hyena drama queens with an apparent deficit of excitement in their life. Are we here to talk about cars or have arguments with people who drive '92 5 Speed civic's and have a "friend" that drives a bmw? Anyways this is so stupid. I said a condition to the ****ing bet was to go to the bank in person if you read what I posted before your little ****ing ass pirate meet Friday night. I don't give a **** about someone's online banking statement pulled up in a parking lot. I told you THAT THE DEAL WAS TO GO TO THE BANK IN PERSON. WHEN I MAKE THE BET, I MAKE THE RULES. YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING ON DOING TO PROVE TO ME. I said we were going to the bank, but yet you say meet me in a parking lot at 10pm (OBVIOUSLY WHEN NO ****ING BANK IN CANADA IS OPEN AT THAT TIME, AND BRING $1000) Who is the idiot here? Someone who expects me to go to a parking lot with $1000 for some bet with some fag on an internet forum who is changing the rules as they go? Or about his new best friends that are telling me to man up? Dude, I care about what you think about me just about as much as the last dump I flushed down the toilet. You need to get a life. Get a job if you need $1000. Next time someone bets you, stick with the rules, don't PM someone and ask if they want to call the bet off and then deny it. Lastly, you obviously joined this BMW as a civic owner for a reason other than to discuss BMW's. I am going to call you out once more. PM me your phone number so we can have a chat on the phone.

BigD
10-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Are we here to talk about cars or have arguments with people who drive '92 5 Speed civic's and have a "friend" that drives a bmw?

You started the argument, you shithead. In case your delusional ass has already blocked it out, it all started with a legitimate technical car question and you spewed off rude nonsense that was in no way relevant to what was being asked. It completely back fired and now you're trying to stay afloat in your own bullshit but you are so hopelessly blind that you can't even see that you're already over your head in it. So yes, WE are here to talk about cars, and make sure others who do are treated properly.

europrince
10-01-2007, 03:32 PM
this is ****ing gay

BlitzSix
10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Sorry, the company who your dad worked for is not personal.

No one except you is arguing with me. And as was proved in several threads, you having a BMW doesn't make you any smarter on any level. In fact, the kid with the 92 Civic owned you and your "economic knowledge" (or lack thereof?). So stop trying to sound badass with your BMW.

Boots R
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Dttiaga, I will tell you my dads personal information when you tell me your SIN # and Credit Card #'s. Are you ****ing retarded? 90% of Max'ers are normal people and the other 10% are ****ing salivating hyena drama queens with an apparent deficit of excitement in their life. Are we here to talk about cars or have arguments with people who drive '92 5 Speed civic's and have a "friend" that drives a bmw?

I hope a truck hits you on the highway on your way home tonight.

dtthiaga
10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Dttiaga, I will tell you my dads personal information when you tell me your SIN # and Credit Card #'s. Are you ****ing retarded?

I asked for the Company that he was a CFO off, not his personal information. Just say the company name.

Let me spell this out to you again. Say the name of the company that your dad was a CFO was.. This is public information.

Why don't you put the year and model of your car in you profile. Why do you have to put M50 Bim? Afraid of putting 1994 325is or something?

Say the name of the company he was a CFO of, or admit you were exaggerating

Care to put a wager that he was never a CFO of a major company? :D

Liar Liar…

Oh, and go ahead a respond with profanity and call people names. :)

325isRED
10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Part of this is political grand standing, jump on the hot issues and make the changes before an election. I'll be keeping it in mind when the time to vote comes around.

Seriously, normal drivers have nothing to worry about. 50+? How often do you do that? I don't. Hell, I can't remember the last time I went over 140.

With that being said, I can't say I agree with the law. It certainly makes me think twice about modding my car and I hate that. To hear the tales about my dad's driving days with his Chevelle SS, damn, I was born in the wrong decade.

Its not the 50+km/h that scares me the most, its the "tailgating, reckless driving" that is worse...

Say someone going slow in the left lane, you go up to him, he wont move, you need to get a little close so you can switch lanes to pass, and cop impounds your car, not even for speeding!!

Things like speeding a cop needs proof, things like reckless driving is upon the "eye's" of the cop, so if said cop doesn't like you... your ****ed... he'll say you were driving to close to somebody, or that you made a "dangerous" maneuver, and its hard to say you didn't.

And before you would appear before a judge a few months down the road, then it will get thrown out. but now, your car goes by by, along with your lip that they will **** up along the way, and the couple grand to get your car out of the pound and license back..

e30bim
10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Don't even try and pull this horse shit with me. Why would I tell you where my dad works? So you can call him at work and ask him for $1000? Get a ****ing job you ass clown. What's your dad's title and company? I will swap you info. With the brains you were spawned from I am guessing he is a restroom sanitization technician at taco bell. I asked you for your phone number so we can be men and chat about this, so why don't you give me your number? You were so quick to post mine and call me from a blocked # you pussy. Why don't you give me yours? I have nothing to hide, I'm right here. Man up and stop letting your labia get any bigger.

denisemichel
10-01-2007, 04:01 PM
heard this stuff on the radio today, this shit is pretty serious.

Boots R
10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Don't have anything to hide? Clearly you do because you won't post what company your dad was a CFO at.

Also the same reason why you were too pussy to come out last friday.

e30bim
10-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't have to prove who my dad is. He is the CFO of a company with 4000 employee's. Anyways, I don't care to bring him into this as he has better things to do with his time than talk to a bunch of jobless shit stains, or zit faced students driving '92 civicson the phone. I am done with this. Alot of you need to grow up. I drive 2 older bmw's and I do it because it fits my budget. They are nothing crazy I have a '87 325i Cabrio in mint condition, and a '97 328is. I am 24 years old, if any of you have a problem from now on, PM me and we can deal with it. I have the money and would have paid the bet, but if you can read you can start at the beginning and clearly see he agreed to the terms I set out, and then began to tailor them to his liking as it evolved somehow into his bet. I said I wanted to be taken to the bank, not a parking lot with a laptop at 10pm with 12 people I don't know in Woodbridge. I'm not wasting my time anymore, and by anyone retorting or saying another word about this, it clearly shows you have nothing better to do with your life. Thank you and god bless.

Blades
10-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Don't even try and pull this horse shit with me. Why would I tell you where my dad works? So you can call him at work and ask him for $1000? Get a ****ing job you ass clown. What's your dad's title and company? I will swap you info. With the brains you were spawned from I am guessing he is a restroom sanitization technician at taco bell. I asked you for your phone number so we can be men and chat about this, so why don't you give me your number? You were so quick to post mine and call me from a blocked # you pussy. Why don't you give me yours? I have nothing to hide, I'm right here. Man up and stop letting your labia get any bigger.

416-967-1111 ... ask for the twins ;)

dtthiaga
10-01-2007, 04:11 PM

I never called you, nor did I ask for your phone number. In case you were wondering, my dad's a retired Engineer. If you like proof, I'd more than happy to show you. I am also an Engineer, and have a great job; thanks for asking.

I'm not the one who called you, so go learn how to talk and type without profanity. You've got some other "friends" that have called you.

e30bim
10-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Lastly, in response to Boots' lovely comment about hoping I get hit by a truck on the way home tonight... I think this shows his maturity level. Dtthiaga obviously has more time on his hands than his own cock. Hahaha

Boots R
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I have the money and would have paid the bet, but if you can read you can start at the beginning and clearly see he agreed to the terms I set out, and then began to tailor them to his liking as it evolved somehow into his bet.

O RLY?

I'm not saying there's a chance that he cannot afford to plop down $45k cash for the car, but it's very unlikely, in fact I will put down $1000 of my own money as a bet to say that he does not have that sort of $$$ lying around, even if it is parked in mutual funds, bonds or actively in the market.

Seriously, either you pay the man and become a man of your word, or forever be known as the bitch you are.

e30bim
10-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow, Boots I can't wait to call your boss (the head janitor at USF Holland) and tell him you've been sneaking on the computer again instead of cleaning the shit marks off the porcelain.

BigD
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm not wasting my time anymore, and by anyone retorting or saying another word about this, it clearly shows you have nothing better to do with your life.

Yeah you clearly don't... it's funny as I read that I thought no way this child would be able to keep his mouth shut - I mean he couldn't even do it when the consequence was $1000... and of course 2 posts down...

Lastly, in response to Boots' lovely comment about hoping I get hit by a truck on the way home tonight... I think this shows his maturity level. Dtthiaga obviously has more time on his hands than his own cock. Hahaha

:rolleyes:

Boots R
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
And you comment about MY maturity? :rolleyes:

e30bim
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I never called you, nor did I ask for your phone number. In case you were wondering, my dad's a retired Engineer. If you like proof, I'd more than happy to show you. I am also an Engineer, and have a great job; thanks for asking.

I'm not the one who called you, so go learn how to talk and type without profanity. You've got some other "friends" that have called you.

Wow, firstly I never said you called. Secondly yes, your dad is a retarded engineer, that's probably why you're retarded too! Secondly, I didn't ask you what job you had or how you liked it! But thanks for telling me! Next time I need a circle drawn I'll know who to call.

AceOfSpades
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow, firstly I never said you called. Secondly yes, your dad is a retarded engineer, that's probably why you're retarded too! Secondly, I didn't ask you what job you had or how you liked it! But thanks for telling me! Next time I need a circle drawn I'll know who to call.

you are an idiot there my friend. You called out someone, so finish what you started. Why don't you wanna believe the accounts from his laptop? they can't fake that shit, especially for $1000

****, maybe u we giving tyrone a blowjob...u just couldn't think about anything else:huh?: i dunno man....i'm just assuming like u do everytime.
admit it, you were givin tyrone a good time and you forgot about the bet

lmnop88
10-01-2007, 04:51 PM
I said we were going to the bank, but yet you say meet me in a parking lot at 10pm (OBVIOUSLY WHEN NO ****ING BANK IN CANADA IS OPEN AT THAT TIME, AND BRING $1000) Who is the idiot here?

According to this post, you didn't need to go to the bank. You had the cash at hand, big baller.

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1057708&postcount=47

I have 50 crisp $20 bills waiting for him. If this actually goes down we need a couple officials from Max.

BimmerboyPH
10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
LOL eating gelato... you were at home with your thumb up your ass, frantically trying to figure out how to save face. This place is way too small for this to blow over for you, you're a joke here for life. A year from now, if you try to come back and post, someone will ask about the grand you OWE. I really hope you're only some 10 year old kid or 16 year old retard, not as old as you claim to be in your profile. The last time I saw this kind of pathetic behavior is in grade school, where kids rampantly deluded themselves into making bizarre claims, with their peers not being yet smart enough to call them on the bullshit, or remember it longer than 5 minutes to call them on it later. Unfortunately some people never grow out of that mental age.

Lol now come on im 16! I dont like a piece of shit like this being compared to me or someone my age:D :D

BigD
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Lol now come on im 16! I dont like a piece of shit like this being compared to me or someone my age:D :D

lol sorry man, I did qualify that remark with a 16 year old "retard"

Quack
10-01-2007, 04:56 PM

well if you didn't see them & you were at La Paloma, than you must be blind as a bat, atleast a dozen of us saw those 3 Ferrari's parked right beside La Paloma, I guess you nevered showed up:rolleyes:

BimmerboyPH
10-01-2007, 05:02 PM
lol sorry man, I did qualify that remark with a 16 year old "retard"

Ahahaha:D

Jesus Part 2
10-01-2007, 05:04 PM

Your dads name is Michael, isn't it.

VSanj
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
once again stop dignifing E30BIM with replys to his retarded rants.........leave the kid alone...........I just cant see how he hasnt figured out that he is not welcome here.

Furious
10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
wait what did i miss? link please? im already roffling at gun pulling though.

Boots R
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
wait what did i miss? link please? im already roffling at gun pulling though.

LOL

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95458

Even though the picture isn't hosted anymore, when you get to it, it should show a bank account with $70,000 + in it.

Chris de la Cruz
10-01-2007, 05:35 PM
^^ post the pics dammit!

Boots R
10-01-2007, 05:44 PM
^^ post the pics dammit!

i'm at work foo.

europrince
10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
this is like a soap opera. its hillarious!

Anomili
10-01-2007, 05:48 PM
For the record, you had it wrong e30... 90% of the people on this forum think your retarded and 10% think you are just enjoying being an asshole.

Go on, make fun of my post count... You're still retarded.

europrince
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
^ this thread is a great way to increase post count.

post whores unite!

Dr. Flyview
10-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Guys take this back to the 328 limiter thread.

Did you guys see digital displays at entrances to the highway displaying "Speeding of 50km/h+ will result in suspension and impounding of vehicle" or something of the like. It was just......so blunt.

dtthiaga
10-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Few of my good friends are cops, and I'm disappointed they sort of welcome these new rules. They fail to see it violates the Canadian Charter of Rights. They are cool and honest officers, but man, these new rules suck.

Time for a rolling blockage (80-90km/h) to make a point. :)

There is way more deaths caused by drunk driving than speeding. I wish they would put as much effort into curbing that problem. MADD indicates that driving and driving incidents have increased.

thinair
10-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Few of my good friends are cops, and I'm disappointed they sort of welcome these new rules. They fail to see it violates the Canadian Charter of Rights. They are cool and honest officers, but man, these new rules suck.
Look, I love to speed, but I know what I'm doing is illegal (and there is a time and a place). These are not new rules by any means, it has always been illegal to go 50km/h over. When caught it has always been a major conviction (like DUI), they're just introducing new concequences, that's it.

Boots R
10-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Nelson does have a point.

luker0
10-01-2007, 09:40 PM

Time for a rolling blockage (80-90km/h) to make a point. :)

There is way more deaths caused by drunk driving than speeding. I wish they would put as much effort into curbing that problem. MADD indicates that driving and driving incidents have increased.

What some of you fail to understand is that driving is a PRIVILEGE granted to you by the government, it is NOT a right. Therefore no violation of the charter is involved. Nowhere in the charter are you given the RIGHT to drive much less drive recklessly on public roads that the rest of us use.

If you want to go fast there are many race tracks in this province that provide a large amount of track time. Most organizations putting on lapping days (like the one I'm organizing on Friday at Calabogie) put on safe controlled environments environments where you can go as fast as you dare. I've LEGALLY gone 180km/h coming out of Rocky Road and into Mulligans. I've left a Camaro SS in my dust. I've had GT3s blow by me on the front straight. That's a hell of a lot more fun than drag racing on the QEW. Oh and did I mention it's legal?

Too chicken to take corners at speed, try autocrossing. There are at least a half dozen in the GTA on any given weekend. Autocross too slow, and you don't want to share the track? Try Solosprint. The Nationals are at Mosport this weekend.

The point I'm making is you are driving a weapon and will eventually kill someone if you drive 180 on a public highway. If you bragging rights bring your friends to the track too. Who knows you might learn that you're not that hot shit of a driver and can gain more experience in a controlled manner. Then all of us are safer on the road AND you still get your jollies going fast. Works for me.

shimajer
10-01-2007, 09:42 PM
i was watching citytv, around 20 people got caught so far since the new "law/ rule"

BimmerboyPH
10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
What some of you fail to understand is that driving is a PRIVILEGE granted to you by the government, it is NOT a right. Therefore no violation of the charter is involved. Nowhere in the charter are you given the RIGHT to drive much less drive recklessly on public roads that the rest of us use.

If you want to go fast there are many race tracks in this province that provide a large amount of track time. Most organizations putting on lapping days (like the one I'm organizing on Friday at Calabogie) put on safe controlled environments environments where you can go as fast as you dare. I've LEGALLY gone 180km/h coming out of Rocky Road and into Mulligans. I've left a Camaro SS in my dust. I've had GT3s blow by me on the front straight. That's a hell of a lot more fun than drag racing on the QEW. Oh and did I mention it's legal?

Too chicken to take corners at speed, try autocrossing. There are at least a half dozen in the GTA on any given weekend. Autocross too slow, and you don't want to share the track? Try Solosprint. The Nationals are at Mosport this weekend.

The point I'm making is you are driving a weapon and will eventually kill someone if you drive 180 on a public highway. If you bragging rights bring your friends to the track too. Who knows you might learn that you're not that hot shit of a driver and can gain more experience in a controlled manner. Then all of us are safer on the road AND you still get your jollies going fast. Works for me.

This is why I feel we should stop building bloody houses on every avalible piece of land, and build some more racetracks. Then they cure the speeding problem which seems to have caused them so many sleepless nights, and then they could maybe move onto the gun crimes in TO that seem to be killing many innocents. I think the stupid government really needs to get there priorities straight.

What makes me so mad is that all this was caused by douchebags with no drivng skill and obviously no brains, racing on the 400 series highways in there shity civics. Im sry, I know many of you have different opinions but i think this law is ****ING BS!!

Chris de la Cruz
10-01-2007, 09:59 PM
lol stop building houses and build race tracks.... yes thats the best investment.

lmao

El Gato Liso
10-01-2007, 11:33 PM
this new form of inforcement just shows how "free" canada is

this country isn't great. what has canada done that the world can recognize? canada is only a great country because all the new immigrants say it is because they can bring their life style over to a new piece of land, instead of adjusting to the north american culture.

you go to the U.S. immigrants adjust to us of a culture.
wut that has to do with this law....nothing at all but it relates to the fact that canada is not a free country at all. its a bullshit country.

for the record, i too am an immigrant. i moved to canada (not at my free will) when i was 2 yrs old. i came from southern england.
thank you, and good night.

oh and randomly i saw something about gelatos and i have to say this
nothing like eating elgatos gelatos .... yea

Chris de la Cruz
10-01-2007, 11:41 PM
well the law only applies to ontario.

in terms of "free canada". You were able to just criticize the gov't just now w/o getting shot right?

So in or for Canada to be "free" i can run around and break laws w/o major concequences? Remember driving is a previllage and not a right. If you think Canada is such a bullshit country why are you here then? Go back to your tea sipping, ugly ass teeth country then.

I don't see this as a loss of freedom b/c we were never allowed to go 50 over in the first place. I see it as tough love and if you're smart you won't get hit by the bamboo stick of the law.

StikiGreenZ
10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
e30bim - biggest pussy i've ever met on a forum.

All in agreement with me, put this line in your sig... e30bim's the biggest pussy on max.

I motion once again to ban this loser. His dad's was probably the CFO of Bre-Ex :D

edit: oops: sorry, didnt realize we went back on topic.
carry on gentlemen!

e30_kid89
10-01-2007, 11:59 PM
All these laws are fair......except the fact they are CRIMINAL charges. Getting a record for a unsafe lane change? WTF? I dont know if it sounds crazy to you but it sure does to me! Yes it is wrong to unsafely change lanes but there are other ways a violating motorist can be severely penalized than a IMO unecessary criminal charge.

Soldo
10-02-2007, 01:00 AM
All these laws are fair......except the fact they are CRIMINAL charges. Getting a record for a unsafe lane change? WTF? I dont know if it sounds crazy to you but it sure does to me! Yes it is wrong to unsafely change lanes but there are other ways a violating motorist can be severely penalized than a IMO unecessary criminal charge.

EXACTLY, and this is my problem with the law also. None of these 'stunts' were allowed before, but to make a harsher punishment for them to set an example is just a load of shit. Especially, as was already mentioned, it will be upon the cops discretion. Like tailgating, you have to keep a distance of what, 2 seconds between each car. Theres probably only a handful of people that DON'T tailgate to some extent. To be charged criminally. BULLSHIT!

El Gato Liso
10-02-2007, 01:03 AM
well the law only applies to ontario.

in terms of "free canada". You were able to just criticize the gov't just now w/o getting shot right? sure, but freedom of speech can still get you punished. for example with this new form of enforcement, you can be fined 5000$ i believe just for arguing, which is clearly freedom of speech, with an officer. how is that free, expressing how you feel about a situation without being punished? sure it may not happen all the time, but it certainly does occur.

So in or for Canada to be "free" i can run around and break laws w/o major concequences? Remember driving is a previllage and not a right.

If you think Canada is such a bullshit country why are you here then? Go back to your tea sipping, ugly ass teeth country then.
well, obviously the main reason for canada being a bs country is its residents. it sure is a shame that this country is corrupted morally by people like you, shouting out such asinine remarks like "Go back to your tea sipping, ugly ass teeth country then." Was that called for? i think not. My family worked ****ING hard to get to where we are today! i hope you have the intelligence to realize that just leaving a solid foundation that we created through the hardships of life isn't an easy thing to do. this country certainly wasn't a bullshit country back in the day. perhaps thats the reason why i'm here! *No this is not a generalized statement for every person in this country. so dont be offended, unless of course you fall under that category of people*

I don't see this as a loss of freedom b/c we were never allowed to go 50 over in the first place. I see it as tough love and if you're smart you won't get hit by the bamboo stick of the law.

what if an officer witnessed you dash across a lane with haste cutting someone off, not knowing that you were doing so to avoid someone in front of you who suddenly slammed tight on the breaks? you get pulled over, the officer says they saw you cut off someone but you try hard to explain why you were *unfortunately* involved in such an event. of course the cop doesn't give a flaming turd about what you have to say. you get whacked with a 7 day license suspension and an impounded car for 7 days. how is that tough love? that tough love can prevent you from going to work to make the money you need for living a 'normal' life...more or less surviving.

i have school in the morning. something i'm working hard for to pay it myself. (im not trying to make my self feel special because i know ENOUGH of you folks have paid or are paying for an education). something i don't want to give up because i know how important is it to my well being. something that i am lucky to have thrown at me, which i am taking advantage of. maybe that is why i don't want to leave. there is no way in hell i'm going to just give up what i've worked for just because i live in a country that is not the same as it was in the past.

p.s. what goes on in this thread, stays in this thread. don't agree? tough!

Rush
10-02-2007, 01:11 AM
So sad ... the gov't is running out of ideas to cover their deficits ... "lets jack up the gas prices as much as we can get away with - not enough, lets introduce a property transer tax - not enough, not this impound BS" ... where is all this money going to:confused: My friend got pulled over for doing EXACTLY 10 over two nights ago ... its getting ridiculous*uzi*

Also, all the car manufacturers are geared towards producing faster (more hp) cars ... and if the gov't really cared about safety and not another way to steal money from the general public they would pass a law to put 149km/h governers on all new cars instead of this BS law ... just a though.

How much is it to going to cost to get your car out of impound and to reissue your license?

I guess all I can do is not to vote for these guys:mad:

enfield
10-02-2007, 07:33 AM
The issue for me is that they can take your car and license - but you have no right of appeal. The "no right of appeal" part gets to me. This part has to be a Charter violation. I think it is my right to face my accusers and defend myself.... otherwise I may as well be in Burma.

BMW03
10-02-2007, 09:24 AM
cops have been after me forever it seems like, hasn't stopped me. Just because they put this in place, it really won't change much, and thats what sucks for them. They can't stop something by doing this.

europrince
10-02-2007, 10:09 AM
The issue for me is that they can take your car and license - but you have no right of appeal. The "no right of appeal" part gets to me. This part has to be a Charter violation. I think it is my right to face my accusers and defend myself.... otherwise I may as well be in Burma.

You have the right to defend yourself at the trial date you're given for the speeding charge. You have to be convicted at that trial first before you can appeal.

europrince
10-02-2007, 10:13 AM
This is why I feel we should stop building bloody houses on every avalible piece of land, and build some more racetracks. Then they cure the speeding problem which seems to have caused them so many sleepless nights, and then they could maybe move onto the gun crimes in TO that seem to be killing many innocents. I think the stupid government really needs to get there priorities straight.

Well then. Let's set the goverment's priorities straight and have your house the first one to go. We'll use your mattress to clean up any oil leaks on the track.

///MP
10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
One of my rare posts, but you guys need to see what constitutes "stunt driving" and can get your license suspended (and car impounded) for a week. Be careful out there.

Now, I'm going back to the shadows...leave me alone...

Ontario Regulation 455/07
Definition, "stunt"

3. For the purposes of section 172 of the Act, "stunt" includes any activity where one or more persons engage in any of the following driving behaviours:

1. Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to lift some or all of its tires from the surface of the highway, including driving a motorcycle with only one wheel in contact with the ground, but not including the use of lift axles on commercial motor vehicles.

2. Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to cause some or all of its tires to lose traction with the surface of the highway while turning.

3. Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to spin it or cause it to circle, without maintaining control over it.

4. Driving two or more motor vehicles side by side or in proximity to each other, where one of the motor vehicles occupies a lane of traffic or other portion of the highway intended for use by oncoming traffic for a period of time that is longer than is reasonably required to pass another motor vehicle.

5. Driving a motor vehicle with a person in the trunk of the motor vehicle.

6. Driving a motor vehicle while the driver is not sitting in the driver's seat.

7. Driving a motor vehicle at a rate of speed that is 50 kilometres per hour or more over the speed limit.

8. Driving a motor vehicle without due care and attention, without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway or in a manner that may endanger any person by,

i. driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to prevent another vehicle from passing,

ii. stopping or slowing down a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates the driver's sole intention in stopping or slowing down is to interfere with the movement of another vehicle by cutting off its passage on the highway or to cause another vehicle to stop or slow down in circumstances where the other vehicle would not ordinarily do so,

iii. driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to drive, without justification, as close as possible to another vehicle, pedestrian or fixed object on or near the highway, or

iv. making a left turn where,

(A) the driver is stopped at an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal system in response to a circular red indication;

(B) at least one vehicle facing the opposite direction is similarly stopped in response to a circular red indication; and

(C) the driver executes the left turn immediately before or after the system shows only a circular green indication in both directions and in a manner that indicates an intention to complete or attempt to complete the left turn before the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to proceed straight through the intersection in response to the circular green indication facing that vehicle. O. Reg. 455/07, s. 3

Boots R
10-02-2007, 04:05 PM
One of my rare posts, but you guys need to see what constitutes "stunt driving" and can get your license suspended (and car impounded) for a week. Be careful out there.

Now, I'm going back to the shadows...leave me alone...

lol, I hate to tell you this... but you came out of the woodwork to post a repost. :D

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95873

Bmwstylz
10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
so you can get your car impounded for doing a donut in a parking lot on private property??? the wording is a little ambiguous there.

propr'one
10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
the HTA doesn't apply to private property.

Bmwstylz
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
thats what i thought - bring on fresh snowfall donuts ! :D

BimmerboyPH
10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
"for the record, i too am an immigrant. i moved to canada (not at my free will) when i was 2 yrs old. i came from southern england.
thank you, and good night."

Holy shit same man! Where abouts are you from?

El Gato Liso
10-02-2007, 10:52 PM
"for the record, i too am an immigrant. i moved to canada (not at my free will) when i was 2 yrs old. i came from southern england.
thank you, and good night."

Holy shit same man! Where abouts are you from?

f'real????
shoreham-by-the-sea born and raised....till i was taken away haha
what about you where abouts u from

BimmerboyPH
10-04-2007, 04:36 PM
f'real????
shoreham-by-the-sea born and raised....till i was taken away haha
what about you where abouts u from

I was born in Chester, lived there for awhile. After that we moved around alot before we came to Canada. Always glad to meet a fellow Brit!

JMW
10-06-2007, 05:56 AM
i just moved to nottingham for uni!!^^^^^^

craigIS
10-06-2007, 03:16 PM
so the part of the Ontario regulation 455-07 that i dont understand is:

iv. M\makeing a left turn where'

(A) the driver is stopped at an intersection controlled by a traffic control system in response to a circular red indication.

so is that saying that you cant make a left turn on a red signal?

and:
(B) at least one vehicle is facing the opposite direction is similarly stopped in response to a circular red indication.

i dont understand that one bit (maybe im just dumb) ^^^

Old_School
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
so the part of the Ontario regulation 455-07 that i dont understand is:

iv. M\makeing a left turn where'

(A) the driver is stopped at an intersection controlled by a traffic control system in response to a circular red indication.

so is that saying that you cant make a left turn on a red signal?

and:
(B) at least one vehicle is facing the opposite direction is similarly stopped in response to a circular red indication.

i dont understand that one bit (maybe im just dumb) ^^^

It's for those assholes that make a left across oncoming traffic as soon as the light turns green, before the oncoming traffic starts to move.

NickP
10-07-2007, 09:49 PM
You have the right to defend yourself at the trial date you're given for the speeding charge. You have to be convicted at that trial first before you can appeal.

His point is that officers can now act as jury, judge and executioner. By the time you go to trial and can potentially be found innocent you've already had your car impounded / license suspended.

330ci05
10-07-2007, 09:55 PM
man i just took out my baby for a lil spin and got a ticket for no front plate... ****en pig, he was way ahead of me and he stopped in the middle of the road so i can pass him to see if i have Ontario plates..... ****EN ASSHOLE!!! lol

Boots R
10-07-2007, 10:55 PM
man i just took out my baby for a lil spin and got a ticket for no front plate... ****en pig, he was way ahead of me and he stopped in the middle of the road so i can pass him to see if i have Ontario plates..... ****EN ASSHOLE!!! lol

Yeah, he's a ****ing pig because you broke the law and got a ticket. :confused:

Jim .E.
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah, he's a ****ing pig because you broke the law and got a ticket. :confused:

it's cool to blame cops these days for your own mistakes *sleep*

o2pb
10-08-2007, 02:26 AM
I shot a guy on the street once, and the ****ing pig arrested me for murder! ****ING ASSHOLE!!!! lol

El Gato Liso
10-08-2007, 03:03 AM
woah woah why do u 3 have the same avatar pics haha which max member is that

Bmwstylz
10-08-2007, 11:15 AM

How much is the fine for that these days? no demerits right?

Mystikal
10-08-2007, 11:21 AM

Voted:

330ci05
10-08-2007, 11:26 AM
How much is the fine for that these days? no demerits right?

the fine is 110$ and no points, it's just a Minor valuation

and for the rest of the ************ the are gangin up on me, i was just sayin that many other times i drove past and behind cops and did didn't care, maybe because that was before i did all the body work on my car :(

Mystikal
10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
You broke a law, shutup already.

Jay

330ci05
10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I shot a guy on the street once, and the ****ing pig arrested me for murder! ****ING ASSHOLE!!!! lol

thats the Stupidest thing every...... i can see how shooting someone or even being STUPID and speeding and killing ppl is the same a driving around with no front plate on *wave*

330ci05
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
You broke a law, shutup already.

Jay

lol i know, i was just sayin, damn i didn't ask u'll to cry for me or anyting,,,, chill .......btw there is a world outside of MAX hehehe... :eek: *wiggle*

e30_kid89
10-08-2007, 11:36 AM
It wasn't because the plate you got the ticket, it was because of the long wild hair:D

BTW i seen you sometime last week cruzin on Eglington goin west before you hit pharmacy.

Old_School
10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Be thankful you didn't get a ticket for driving under age.

Arash
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM

he stopped in the middle of the road? wtf? because he didn't see a front plate? probably a new cop on the usual power trip, looking for some action. In many provinces you don't even need to have a front plate, ministry only issues one plate for the rear, its only in Ontario we have these gayass laws, one way for them to nickel and dime people. the recent laws that came into effect are good examples.

330ci05
10-08-2007, 01:37 PM
It wasn't because the plate you got the ticket, it was because of the long wild hair:D

BTW i seen you sometime last week cruzin on Eglington goin west before you hit pharmacy.

lol, what can i say, the ladies love i :D

u were in your benz when u saw me?

330ci05
10-08-2007, 01:47 PM
he stopped in the middle of the road? wtf? because he didn't see a front plate? probably a new cop on the usual power trip, looking for some action. In many provinces you don't even need to have a front plate, ministry only issues one plate for the rear, its only in Ontario we have these gayass laws, one way for them to nickel and dime people. the recent laws that came into effect are good examples.

yeah, it was a three lane road, i was driving on the far left lane and he was in the middle of the lane and i saw him hit the brakes and he was goin like 20km then there was a car coming behind him and he moved to the buss lane, and meanwhile i saw him and i was looking for turn into the first side street but there wasn't any so i slowed down to about 55km in a 60zone and then i pasted him and he changed into the middle lane again then at the next light i turned left at the last moment and he put on the cherries and came up right on my ass :( ..... if there was only a side street to turn into, i couldn't have tried and played it off lol.....

yeah there were 2 guys, it seemed like the other guy was new, he made like 3 mistakes on the ticket and had to corrected them lol....he told me to take it to court and show him that i have the plate on and he will drop the ticket :D

I know it’s my fault and all but I ‘m just saying the way they stopped be was wired like they really needed to give out a ticket….. like I said there were lot of other times that I got stopped for RIDE program and while driving behind them and stuff and nothing happened, I guess my luck ran out lol

Boots R
10-08-2007, 02:26 PM

Yeah, only in Ontario. Oh, and British Columbia, and Manitoba, and New Brunswick.:rolleyes:

Front plates have uses. red light cameras, LIDAR detection, stolen vehicle identifiction.

I know it’s my fault and all but I ‘m just saying the way they stopped be was wired like they really needed to give out a ticket….. like I said there were lot of other times that I got stopped for RIDE program and while driving behind them and stuff and nothing happened, I guess my luck ran out lol
RIDE doesn't issue tickets. They just arrest you if you're drunk.

shimajer
10-08-2007, 02:44 PM
there are cars with broken exhausts, parts falling off, NO front AND rear plates on some old cars.. why dont they pull those people over??

they let OLD, i mean OLD granny drive on the streets doing like 40 on a 60 in the fast lane,, and that's not dangerous? fak

i get pulled over for nothing and he asks to see if i have a license.. wtf?

i happen to encounter a lot of girls who drive like CRAZY on the highway or on the streets.. they cut people off and tailgate them and honestly, i drive much safer than those people.. why not pull them over?

it's major stereotyping towards modded cars.

330ci05
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, only in Ontario. Oh, and British Columbia, and Manitoba, and New Brunswick.:rolleyes:

Front plates have uses. red light cameras, LIDAR detection, stolen vehicle identifiction.

RIDE doesn't issue tickets. They just arrest you if you're drunk.

i'm sure they can give a ticket for no seatbelt or something else if they want too....im just say there were other times too...... anyways my car is goin to Hibernate for the winter at the end of the month :( and my e30 is all legal and it doens't stand out, so no tickets for me hehehe

Mystikal
10-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Haha, nice. Age is only but an objective measure, evidently.

Jay

330ci05
10-08-2007, 04:24 PM

but i did :moon:

e30_kid89
10-08-2007, 05:50 PM
lol, what can i say, the ladies love i :D

u were in your benz when u saw me?

Nah I was in the E30.