PDA

View Full Version : Maybe you can help ...

kemestry
09-27-2007, 12:40 PM
A few things...

LF: Red plastic rear bumper. [Is there a rear valence that goes under the bumper like it does in the front of late model e30's?]
LF: Front bumper lighting [indicators etc. - total of 4 lights]
LF: Steelies / basketweaves / bottlecaps w/ or w/o rubber for the winter.
LF: Good place to buy an O2 sensor
LF: Front lip [under the front valence]
LF: Front fogs

Questions:
:: Why won't my brake light warning go off [the one by the sun roof] but the brake lights are working.
:: Do Lucas Oil products make a difference?
:: Best differential fluid - and where to get it.
:: How much does it cost to get a timing belt changed and where?
:: Best place to get an oil change - I've noticed that oil itself is more expensive than to get someone to change it for you. Maybe their oil is not of good quality??
:: My rear defogger isn't working - anyone else with this problem? [checked the fuses]

Thats it for now .. I think ... if you see edits, you know what happened.
Thanks again
Mike

Whip_lash
09-27-2007, 12:47 PM
There is a rear valance bumper i believe. You can get one from Eurostyle.

Check out bavarian motorsports for the front lip, lights and fogs.

For the brake warning light look under your steering wheel, all the connections are there.... something might be loose or not connected properly.

e30_kid89
09-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Please buy my rear bumper off me, before i do something stupid like a bumper swap. I have the rear trim piece but you'll need to find the sides, or buy the cool euro trim!!:cool: Oh and its sorta primed in flat black you'll need to paint it. $90???*wave*

kemestry
10-03-2007, 05:36 PM
... anybody??

BMW BMXer
10-03-2007, 10:38 PM
A few things...

LF: Red plastic rear bumper. [Is there a rear valence that goes under the bumper like it does in the front of late model e30's?]

:: Why won't my brake light warning go off [the one by the sun roof] but the brake lights are working.

:: How much does it cost to get a timing belt changed and where?

-The valance is part of the body of later models. Eurostyle sells and under valance (lower part of the mtech2) that makes the swap look more normal, he makes front lips too

-Does the light go off when you press the brakes? If so thats normal

-If you don't know when it was last replaced get it replaced. I don't remember how much it costs though.

supernaught
10-04-2007, 08:44 AM
I do know that I was having problems with my brake lights and they would be fine at first, one of the bulbs would flicker when i hit a bump and the brake warning light would come on and stay on, even if the bulb was fine after wards. I replaced the bulb and there was no problem. Similar to the ABS light, there must be a check circuit that leaves the light on if it detects a fault of any kind, until the computer is reset(shut off/on)

T.Dot_E30
10-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Wrong voltage brake light bulbs can cause it also.

Use redline fluid in the diff, you can find it a precision motorsports

Call bimmersport for a quote.

BMW03
10-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Wrong voltage brake light bulbs can cause it also.

Use redline fluid in the diff, you can find it a precision motorsports

Call bimmersport for a quote.

Wrong voltage brake light bulbs can cause this, because I had this problem before, and now about 6 months later, I think that is the problem.