PDA

View Full Version : Is XCOPPER the best out there?

Ahctuning
09-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Or are there other good ones. How much do they charge?

Got a ticket for "red light failed to stop".
I was turning right with the light on red at the intersection. I did a rolling stop like almost every other driver does. Aside from the cop not showing at the court, do I have a chance if I use one of the ticket fighters (Xcopper,etc)? tia!

Dr. Flyview
09-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Not sure about your question, but what intersection did it happen at? My friend is going through the process with Xcoppers right now, I'll ask him how it's going.

Trekz
09-25-2007, 02:00 AM
go to Formula Traffic Tickets
905-482-1968
people told me the guys is good, and im fighting all my tickets through him. He got me Turn not in safety with a accident (both cars writen off) reduced to Improper Use of turning signals (0 points) and he even got that fine reduced to $65. And i gave him ticket like literally 2 weeks before the court date so he didnt get a chance to get the disclosure or anything.
He charges around $300 a case

BMW03
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
that sounds like a good lawyer right there. I don't think we have any thing like that around here, and my court date is in less than a week.

golden
09-25-2007, 08:32 PM
that sounds like a good lawyer right there. I don't think we have any thing like that around here, and my court date is in less than a week.

most of those people are not anywhere close to being a lawyer...

Arash
09-25-2007, 08:50 PM
most of those people are not anywhere close to being a lawyer...

well I agree, but this one looks like actually did some talking to get it reduced, most of them just go in say hi to the judge and walk out with a regular reduce in fine, which you would get anyways if you go on your own.

maxguy
09-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Or are there other good ones. How much do they charge?

Got a ticket for "red light failed to stop".
I was turning right with the light on red at the intersection. I did a rolling stop like almost every other driver does. Aside from the cop not showing at the court, do I have a chance if I use one of the ticket fighters (Xcopper,etc)? tia!

bump for more info

Ahctuning
03-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Update...

Well weeks before my court date, i've decided to duke it out with the judge.
So I went in there and gave my papers to a guy in a suit. He briefly looked at my paper and gave me an offer I couldnt refuse in a heartbeat. Cut the fine in half and no points. I buckled and said OK. Case closed.

Dont need no "xcopper" unless the violation or offence is something really really serious.

The traffic court system is a scam imHo. They've got the traffic court system (violation/plead/fine) so structured and predictable that they process cases like clockwork. Pfft.

europrince
03-03-2008, 11:18 PM
xcopper is just the most exposed with their advertising and their painted cars. i'm glad you solved it acceptably on your own.

propr'one
03-04-2008, 12:05 PM
just to let you guys know, like i always post in these threads.

if someone offers you to drop down the fine to X and get you down to 0 points, your isnurance will still **** you EVERY SINGLE BIT AS MUCH if you pled guilty to the original charge.

ScotcH
03-04-2008, 12:09 PM
just to let you guys know, like i always post in these threads.

if someone offers you to drop down the fine to X and get you down to 0 points, your isnurance will still **** you EVERY SINGLE BIT AS MUCH if you pled guilty to the original charge.

+1. It's quite meaningless unless you are found NOT GUILTY. Otherwise, you're only saving a few $$, but on insurance, you'll lose all that + more. If you're gonna fight it, fight it to WIN not to reduce ... that's just useless waste of time.

Shock(/\)ave
03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Ending up with a lesser charge is worthwhile, though; it's when you plead guilty to the original charge with a reduced fine or points penalty that it does you little good. *th-up*

Blades
03-04-2008, 03:54 PM
xcopper is garbage to your normal paralegal.

E30 Girl
03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I use a guy named Paul Martin he is awsome got me off a no valtag sticker and an 86 in a 50...completly. He is in woodbridge just west of Weston rd on hwy 7. 905-850-4084

Arash
03-04-2008, 06:19 PM
I use a guy named Paul Martin he is awsome got me off a no valtag sticker and an 86 in a 50...completly. He is in woodbridge just west of Weston rd on hwy 7. 905-850-4084

:eek: How did he do that?!? Did they get you on radar?

I'm guessing the cop didn't even show up

E30 Girl
03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Nope the cop showed up and they caught me in a radar trap...lol I'm not sure how he managed that I didn't got to court and honestly didn't really ask to many questions.

abc12
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
i've personally dealt with POINTS since the beginning... several years ago for a careless.... got that dropped... even though i was suppose to show up for court date... but forgot too... don't know how but lucky me.... had a fail to stop @ a stop sign... same thing... POINTS got it dropped as well.....

and this previous november thanksgiving... one speeding ticket when coming back from New York... pissed me off so much...... got POINTS to deal with it.... but no word as of yet what's been happening with it.... my insurance hasn't gone up yet since I got my renewal recently... so maybe it's still processing for a court date or sumthing.... but just hope it get's taken care of as well....

the way I see it.... i pay them off to pay the other guys off....it's a bitch but that's how if goes... life sucks..... it's all about ripping each other off in this society.. milking everyone of there funds.... just like gas prices and living here in toronto.... enough of my rant...

jrsmitchell
06-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm bumping this old thread hoping for an updated answer.

I was charged yesterday with a rather serious offense with rather serious consequences. Everyone always says "hire a lawyer" but nobody tells you how to find a good one. :D

I've noted the recommendations above, but if anyone has a specific name or someone they've used I'd appreciate the info. Send by PM if you prefer.

propr'one
06-05-2014, 03:45 PM
pm kevin (boots), ask him about his lawyer.

To be honest though, you can almost certainly plead down to simple speeding on your own without a lawyer and will probably save a ton of cash. Your rates will go up because there's a suspension on your record (even if found not guilty later, welcome to ontario). This is of course assuming you got stunt driving.

btw moto_menace saw you getting popped. Sorry bro :(

DET1990
06-05-2014, 06:50 PM
What did you get caught doing?

jrsmitchell
06-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Not sure it's wise to post much publicly, so let's say I was slightly exceeding the flow of traffic on the 407. Full story can be told over beers!

NOTORIOUS VR
06-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Xcopper are a bunch of scammers and just take your money and do nothing at all.

jrsmitchell
06-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Xcopper are a bunch of scammers and just take your money and do nothing at all.

This is exactly what I'm worried about.

How do I find this 'boots'?

jrsmitchell
06-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Bump for the weekend crowd, I appreciate any help. I need to get this moving early next week.

Blades
06-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Bump for the weekend crowd, I appreciate any help. I need to get this moving early next week.

basically any paralegal will do that isnt xcopper or traffic tickets place. The rest lies in the information you give your paralegal and what they do with it.

Ceeker
06-09-2014, 08:17 AM
In your situation.....you are going to either end up paying your paralegal a shit load to get you off or you'll be paying your insurance co. The "X" copper and all the rest work with the police and prosecuting attorneys. they are in bed together. Doesn't matter who wins they make money. That is ultimately the name of the game. what you'd want ideally is it doesn't show up on your record. it's a tough call. But I would go for a free consult to see what your options are. GL and sorry to hear you got burned.

NOTORIOUS VR
06-09-2014, 11:17 AM
The "X" copper and all the rest work with the police and prosecuting attorneys.

That's what they claim, but really they just take your money and show up just as you would and take the first thing the prosecutor offers them.

So basically you pay x-copper a boat load of money for them to show up in your absence and take the exact same deal you would have gotten on your own.

They don't do anything to help you at all, they just steal your money.

Someone that really knows what they're doing is far and few between and will absolutely fight to make the charge go away or drop it to a far lesser charge by either a technicality or they know someone that does owe them a favor.

Simple as that, there are no miracles except if the cop doesn't show up that could be considered one.

dtthiaga
06-09-2014, 11:40 AM
As already mentioned, you should try Paul Martin. - He's a Paralegal, but is said to be very knowledgeable.

www.atrafficticketexpert.ca/

It sounds like you shouldn't mess around.

Also, filing a 11B, IF your trail date is more than 11months from when you requested a court date, would be top priority.

This is why everyone should request a trail date.

Good Luck!

jaye944
06-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Exactly;

You pay $300 bucks and then the ticket.

A good web resource is http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/

Sometimes you do need representation, apparently REDLINE is the best

well I agree, but this one looks like actually did some talking to get it reduced, most of them just go in say hi to the judge and walk out with a regular reduce in fine, which you would get anyways if you go on your own.

jaye944
06-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Redline

I'm bumping this old thread hoping for an updated answer.

I was charged yesterday with a rather serious offense with rather serious consequences. Everyone always says "hire a lawyer" but nobody tells you how to find a good one. :D

I've noted the recommendations above, but if anyone has a specific name or someone they've used I'd appreciate the info. Send by PM if you prefer.

pawelgawel
06-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Get free consultation from a few different lawyers. If you want this gone fully, hire a serious lawyer. If you're willing to pay extra $ insurance, just plead with the prosecution and deal with a lower charge... either way, it will cost you at the end.

I can't say this enough to people, it's not worth driving fast in this province anymore, not worth taking that risk. Save your gas, save your record, save your money ;)
Hit the track and get it out of your system.

jaye944
06-11-2014, 12:14 PM
your right, however; speeding 1kmh OVER is speeding, its not open to interpretation.

scenario1> your driving along on a road cruise set to 50; have you ever noticed how the cruise fluctuates; by as much as 5km; if your radar'd bling, youve gotta ticket

scenario2> Your driving, tired or kids screaming or phone rings something, your speed changes for a brief minute; your radared; bling ticket

scenario3> Your overtaking a truck, your in a dangerous situation you need to go around; your speed exceeds the limit by a few kms; Ticket

scenario4> a road speed changes and it isne signed or the sign is masked or your not familiar with the road, too bad ticket

scenario5> an unmarked PIG comes up behind you on your tail; tailgating you, you speed up, PIG speeds, you get done for speeding, racing and or stunt, your car is confiscated

ALL the above are real life examples (see the ontarioticket site)

The point is; its not about driving or racing like a doughnut; you can honestly break the speed limit.

The point is the cops here are ALL about giving you a ticket; if your stopped EXPECT that; in the UK; there is only a 50% chance of a ticket; usually you'll get a warning or even just some education.

Pity I didnt know this sooner

BUT pawelgawel, you are CORRECT and I totally understand and agree with you (subject to my reply) :) peace

Get free consultation from a few different lawyers. If you want this gone fully, hire a serious lawyer. If you're willing to pay extra $ insurance, just plead with the prosecution and deal with a lower charge... either way, it will cost you at the end.

I can't say this enough to people, it's not worth driving fast in this province anymore, not worth taking that risk. Save your gas, save your record, save your money ;)
Hit the track and get it out of your system.

jrsmitchell
06-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the replies and the PMs so far, I really appreciate it.

So far, I'd say if you're looking for "serious" representation, the following three seem to be highly regarded:

Randy Porter: http://www.ticketexperts.ca/profile/
Paul Martin: http://www.atrafficticketexpert.ca/
REDLINE: http://www.redlinelegalservices.ca/home/contact-us/ (I think that's the right site?)

The only one that would quote over the phone was $850, which seems pretty steep but perhaps based on my specific charge. I don't know how it compares to others like XCOPPER. Either way I guess it's better than several years of increased insurance...

gec
06-11-2014, 06:06 PM
scenario5> an unmarked PIG comes up behind you on your tail; tailgating you, you speed up, PIG speeds, you get done for speeding, racing and or stunt, your car is confiscated.

This actually happened to me,I was doing 90k on cruise in an 80 and a cop right on my bumper coming right up to a 50k zone I just threw it into 3rd from 5th let the clutch out and watched him lock it up...it was a close call he didn't rear end me and I'm not sure who would have been at fault but he didn't pull me over.

propr'one
06-11-2014, 07:22 PM
if it was me i'd probably try to get the cop to rear end me. PD's have big budgets and even bigger insurance policies, and i could really use my own place.

gec
06-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Problem with that is the area I live in you would be watched for life! Last time I ticked them off I got spun around in a circle and tossed in the back of a cruiser my head hit the other door and my wrist still bothers me from the handcuffs my lawyer (also my neighbor) asked me the cops name and then said "forget about it", he'll chase you for life.