PDA

View Full Version : New Paint Job :)

R.S.C
09-21-2007, 12:21 AM
So I finally decided to fix up the car. I've booked to get a full paint job done at the end of November and I'm pretty sure I want the car repainted black, but my only dilemma is, what kind of black...!!!! The cars stock colour is Schwartz II. I want the best looking black possible!! I want it to be vibrant and mirror like :huh?: It's so hard to tell from the pictures I've seen over the internet... Some say Schwartz II, Cosmo... grrr dunno

Help me out guys it's at the end of November that the car goes in, but the date is fast approaching

I'm not against other colors but I just think that Black looks best for a 4 door..!? If you can prove me wrong feel free.

PS, I'll be replacing the Front, Rear and Side skirts for the paint job. Undecided on the types also.

After thinking about getting this done for so long and now that I've actually gone set appointments it's sooo hard to decide!!??!? *sad*

BMW03
09-21-2007, 12:26 AM
awesome, i just painted mine black and I love it. Black looks so clean on BMW's. As for a specific type I am not sure, I just did a simple paint job. Good luck with the project, and hope to see pics.

Gamite
09-21-2007, 01:42 AM
if you want more shine, go with a non metallic black. It's harder to maintain, but looks better when it's clean.

denisemichel
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Schwartz II would be a nice paintjob, but then cosmo black or jet black looks sick too!

AceOfSpades
09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
jet black and check out diamond schwartz
they are both a bitch to keep clean

El Gato Liso
09-21-2007, 10:45 AM
go midnight blue

...yea midnight blue....though it is very irrelevent to your question.

i think im going to go with midnight blue for my e30

please disregard this post of mine.

oh yea...go with gamecube black or xbox black!

R.S.C
09-21-2007, 01:39 PM
I don't mind working to keep my car keep, I actually think it's alittle fun. I won't want any extreme high maintance. But in the summer I usually cleaned my car in and out ever 3-4 days lol

My reasons for black is when it's clean it really helps our somewhat dated e36 loook sharp! Not to mention I just think it's a great colour for a 4 door, that and Alpine White ;)

Between Schwartz II and Cosmos what has the best shine and deep to it?

Sneaky
09-23-2007, 12:11 PM
4 Door BMW's have to be black.

Oh and Matte Black looks good

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85061

KaschmirBeige3
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
If you want a deep shine and crazy reflections you need to go with Jet Black. A metallic black like Cosmos Black or the newer Black Sapphire Metallic will not show a deep shine like jet black. The metallic will however show less dust and swirl marks.

DriveItSideways
09-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Swirl marks are your greatest enemy, be ready for extreme maintenance.

Dr. Flyview
09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey man where are you getting it done? I need to fix some tiny spots of rust and repaint those spots before winter comes. Also have Schwarz II. The car stays clean ONE DAY LOL.

vadim321go
09-23-2007, 07:41 PM
new paint + winter = trouble?

personally i would wait till the nice weather hits again b4 painting the car

R.S.C
09-24-2007, 03:52 PM
new paint + winter = trouble?

personally i would wait till the nice weather hits again b4 painting the car

Why so? I'm getting a transfer at work to Rogers Office on bloor so I won't be driving the car much if all during the winter. Basically It's going to get painted then parked. Then about mid Jan, it'll be brought out again for a swap *shiner* to give her some more gonads *th-up*

magnus
09-24-2007, 04:18 PM
i would do the swap at the same time so i could paint the engine by too. Whatever you do though make sure you get extra layer(s) of clear coat. That is what makes the deep shine.

europrince
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
your paint is good. save your money. leave it as is.

collisiontek
09-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Do not change the color leave it original, you do not want any one to paint the A,B,C pillar or inside the doors,inside the trunk under the hood of your car it will be a big mess. Every rubber molding, bolt and body panel must be removed to do this properley including front and rear glass. Also if you sell the car down the road and someone is to repair it they will have problems with matching the color. When the car is freshley painted it will look good Original.

ClayMan
09-26-2007, 12:32 AM
schwartz = jet black, guys..