PDA

View Full Version : 88 M3 Evo II for sale at Fleetwood Auto (Barrie)

Zexxy325is
09-19-2007, 09:56 PM
No dought it's a Evo II car , but I think it has standard M3 engine !...
The owner said it's a #s matching car ? I don't think so !
wrong color engine !
He also said he knows Randy Sparre very well... Randy do you know this Guy ?

We both remember each other from some of the Max shows ...

Here is a post about the same car from S14 http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27380&highlight=EVO+II

His name is Bill Chalkias , He's asking $25,000 cdn , at best this car is worth
10 or 12 grand . Low K's if ya can trust what it shows ! 87.000kms ...
Rusting, colishin repairs , audio install looks like grade 8ers did it,
and thats insulting grade 8ers everywhere .
Can some one please tell me the deal with this guy , and this car !
I can't remember when I have heard so much bull shit . **** !*mumble*

Ant118
09-19-2007, 10:05 PM
OMG bills "Evo2" is for sale. I wouldnt buy it.

Zexxy325is
09-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Neither would I at $25,000 ! , can you tell what you know about this Guy , car..
thanks ...

craz azn
09-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Sketchy.... That is all.

Ant118
09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
i dont know the entire thing on the car. I know VLS imported the car for him. But if he treats it like any of his other cars, its a disaster.

hmm maybe on my way back from georgian ill go and take a look at it.

Zexxy325is
09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
92 views , and only 3 of us have any thing to say about this Guy !

**** , know wonder people get ripped off !

Ant118
09-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Honestly man. Do your self a favour and stay away from that car. Look on S14.net. Lots of straight up guys on that site. Im sure if your looking for one, you will find what your looking for. If its a Evo2 specifically, check www.mobile.de or www.autoscoute24.de. If you want a Evo2, you probibly will be paying around the 25k mark plus the shipping.

punnzzells
09-20-2007, 05:21 PM
I have an Evo 7...

:D :D

Zexxy325is
09-20-2007, 05:26 PM
I have an Evo 7...

:D :D

Thats OK , I'm building a evo 4.3 *rockout*

Zexxy325is
09-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Honestly man. Do your self a favour and stay away from that car. Look on S14.net. Lots of straight up guys on that site. Im sure if your looking for one, you will find what your looking for. If its a Evo2 specifically, check www.mobile.de or www.autoscoute24.de. If you want a Evo2, you probibly will be paying around the 25k mark plus the shipping.

I wasn't looking for one, I just read about this one on Upnorth imports ,
and I thought know way there is a evo m3 at that shady used car place !
So I wen't to have a look , did some googlin research and what ya know ,
Ya its a evo II car, but it has a normal m3 engine ! and its in tuff shape .
I asked him why its not posted on max ,or in the trader , go figure eh !
For a Guy who says he knows Randy , John Dimoff , Steve ( DR BMW )
and who ever else he said ,
All Im saying is why is a guy that seems to be in the Bimmer clic !
trying to rip people off !
I really hope know one is stupid enough to go and buy this car for anythin
more than about ten grand .

Robb
09-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Saw this car last year Bimmercruise 2006. It had lotsa flaws. I Certainly wouldnt buy it for that price.
Bill used to own a very sketchy used car dealer on Danforth a while ago called 4x4 truck sales and used to sell old BMW's there that were in sub par condition. He's also a wannabe has-been racecar driver... lol

denisemichel
09-21-2007, 09:04 AM
I think $25,000 is way to much, looks pretty sick but still wouldnt buy it, i would rather get a E36 M3 for that money.

Quack
09-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I think $25,000 is way to much, looks pretty sick but still wouldnt buy it, i would rather get a E36 M3 for that money.

if it's a real Evo II in good shape, than it isn't too much, if you see what people are asking for a regular E30 M3 than you'll know.

Zexxy325is
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
That's the sad part , it is a Evo II car , but some wanker has changed the
engine ,for what ever reason? and the car is really run down ...:puke:

jello_g
09-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Perhaps it's better to part the car and sell it piece by piece.

tominizer
09-22-2007, 05:12 PM
IF it is an EVO, parting it out is a sin............ totally against the rules............ punishable by a painful slow death.

Not worth that sort of money. BUT, if it is in decent condition and could be restored, then that could be another story.

jello_g
09-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Rules? What rules?? It's already missing the corrent motor. Unless you can find an original motor, it is an EVO by looks only.

tominizer
09-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Further discussions on S14.net seem to indicate that the motor may be the "only" thing missing............. possibly. *no-no*

Zexxy325is
09-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Further discussions on S14.net seem to indicate that the motor may be the "only" thing missing............. possibly. *no-no*

Thats true Tom , it is a evo II car with the wrong engine !
and there's something about the number plate ? extra rivet ...
from what I have heard about this goof ! I don't think you could trust
the km's showing .( 87.000 kms ) why didn't he just turn it back to 88.000kms
the year of the car ? ...
Go talk to this goof, and you will understand were I am coming from !
classic used car sales scum , flashing his fake watch in your face and talkin shit !
As far as parting a car like this , he would be stupid enough to ! after all he's the one thats run it into the ground !

I think he's hoping someone that don't know about the internet ! will just walk
in and carve him a cheque !
Why else does he not post it on some sites, or put it in the trader ?

jello_g
09-23-2007, 10:23 AM
...As far as parting a car like this , he would be stupid enough to ! after all he's the one thats run it into the ground...
It doesn't look likely the car will be sold as-is for the current asking price any time soon. What are the possibilities for this car? [A] Find an original motor and restore the car to spec. The preferred option but will require $$$$$. Since the car in general has not been well kept, it is not the best restoration candidate. [B] Lower the price dramatically to a point where it becomes attractive to be purchased as-is. [C] Part it out. How many people want a rolling chassis? How about a complete original and rare interior? The Ka-Ching from this route can add up pretty quickly. [D] Do nothing and let it continue to sit there collecting dust. The stupidest option in my opinion.

tominizer
09-24-2007, 08:40 AM
For it to be worth something, one would have to find the motor that goes with this car. That's a needle in the hay-stack adventure as well a $$$$ pit. Then it should be gutted and fully restored............... the route that I for the most part took with my car. That's a HUGE investment though if you don't have the space and the abilities to do a lot of it on your own. And the time............oh boy the time involved. But it would be worth it "IF" this car is not too far gone and you have lots of money !!!!

The other thing would be to just fix it up to make it reliable and then drive it. But why bother paying the premium as it's not complete as far as an EVO goes. Go buy a regular E30 M3............ if there such a things as a "regular" E30 M3 *wiggle* in the first place !!

As for a fair price for that car, depends on it's real condition......... especially with regards to the body. Mechanicals have already been tampered with and are also fixable in any condition. But the body is likely the critical point for something like this. An original paint EVO is rare, especially in good condition. Value goes downhill once the paint has been re-done. This one is probably not worth half what he's asking, if that. BTW, thsoe EVO plates can be bought on Ebay from time to time.

Anyways, it's too bad. A car like this is becoming very rare and hard to find as more and more of them get wrecked or just die. Even worse is to hear that it's in the hands of someone that just doesn't give a shite about it and has run it into the ground. I'd luv to have found something like this when I started my resto............. but not for that sort of money and from such a turd apparently.