PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa BMWCC Cruise This Sunday The 23rd!!

Nascar318is
09-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Guys super late to be posting this but this Sunday is the Cruise!!!

Fall Tour! Sunday September 23rd. Format similar to last year - meet Sunday ~8.30am in Ottawa/East end, travel to Lachute to meet the Quebec chapter, then together head up to Mont Gabriel taking twisty back roads, stop for lunch and an informal Show&Shine, then head back to Ottawa alone or in small groups. Contact Mike Roome (skyskirun(at)hotmail.com) for more details.

ecuconnection
09-16-2007, 09:14 PM
50% going

carjoe
09-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Oooh...

Nascar318is
09-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Monday night bump guys!! Who's going!!!

carjoe
09-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Aw crap. My wife booked us at the Carp fair with my cousin and her kids.

We should have a Maxbimmer cruise...

Bob Loblaw
09-17-2007, 10:32 PM
No can do...

oldskool3
09-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Don't think I can make it my girlfriends goddaughters baptism is sunday. :mad:

everlast
09-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Don't think I can make it my girlfriends goddaughters baptism is sunday. :mad:

That could be the lamest thing I've ever heard.

jeffrie
09-20-2007, 07:28 AM
^^^ have to agree, that's a pretty bad excuse.
I have to work Sunday.

Nascar318is
09-20-2007, 09:23 AM

So I guess your going :huh?:

oldskool3
09-20-2007, 12:07 PM

Not if you asked my gf

everlast
09-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Not if you asked my gf

I know, I'm just shittin' ya. But if you made it up it WOULD be the lamest ever.

everlast
09-20-2007, 12:14 PM
So I guess your going :huh?:

Yep, for a while at least. I want to split off and go to Tremblant and watch the race cars in the fall classic at some point in the day.

Nascar318is
09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice, maybe you could bring that up? I'm glad I'm not the only Max Member showing ;)

Not if you asked my gf

Saturday Night- Dump Girlfriend
Sunday-Go On Cruise
Sunday Night- Buy her chocolates and flowers and tell her you made a mistake and you can't live without her. You guys get back together and live happily ever after.

Problem solved.*angel*

everlast
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't know where i can bring it up though, since they are incapable of running a forum on the club site. :/

But I will certainly mention it on Sunday. Are you game for that? Adam was considering it too.. *cough*

Nascar318is
09-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Well he better put his ***** ******* On the side and come they'll be alot more ***** for ****

Yeah you could mention it to them sunday morning, who knows maybe a few guys will go;)

everlast
09-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I really have no idea what you just said. I'm so naive.

ecuconnection
09-20-2007, 07:16 PM
95% going .... only thing stoping me is flats and rain

oldskool3
09-21-2007, 08:26 AM
depending on how long this thing lasts I might be able to meet you in Tblant

everlast
09-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Alright, I got a (little) information about the racing on Sunday. The racing is from 9 to 5, but the main racing occurs at 1pm and goes for the afternoon. I plan on following the club to Mont Gabriel. If time permits, I'll stop and eat, otherwise I'll head right to the track from there. Its about 65kms to the track from Mont Gabriel.

The track has lunch until 1, so arriving earlier doesn't make sense. The morning is for practice. $25 to get in, $10 for infield parking or free parking elsewhere. Bring a blanket / camping chair as you usually park yourself on a corner. Bring sunscreen (right adam?) and a camera that works (right adam?)

Hope to see you guys!

On the way home, I'll take the 323 to the 315, and either follow the 315 to Buckingham or the 317 to Thurso. I did this route last weekend, and i missed the turn to stay on the 315 as it looked like a dirt road. Anybody know about that?

Jay

Nascar318is
09-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Boo Buckingham and you never came over...:( or called

everlast
09-21-2007, 02:25 PM
I honestly didn't know that's where you lived! So, do you know anything about the 315? Is it paved all the way to the 323?

Nascar318is
09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I have no clue.. I'd ask Sylvain he lives up that way..

ecuconnection
09-21-2007, 05:31 PM
No go for me now

ecuconnection
09-22-2007, 09:43 AM
once again change of plan I am going but sporting the winter rims nd tires eeeek everybody should get a good laugh wooo seeyou there

chromius
09-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry guys, don't think I can make it. I've just got too much stuff to do, and there isn't enough time in the day to do it.

Take lots of pics!

ecuconnection
09-23-2007, 05:58 PM
good times... acept for tony and Jay geting lost haha ... what good sports!

I defently got lost on the way home tony... I almost went to MTL and then missed a turn to cross over to ontario and then lost 2 chunks of metal off the car when I hit a railrd crossing ... Just lovely... I hope you make it back with those brakes JAy

Nascar318is
09-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Well I just posted 100+ Pics on facebook.. I lost the E36 award:( Oh well next time lol. Good times except for Jay going to Tremblant.. and yeah we got lost again.. this is 2 years in a row..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15325&id=503036151

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15326&id=503036151

Not alot of cars this year.. maybe 20 in total..

ecuconnection
09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
you should have won tony ... the mtech bumper was the show stoper in my mind

oldskool3
09-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Tony i can't see your pics man. Facebook says the content is unavaliable. Jay what happened to your brakes?

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Jesse, Your added.

As for Jay, we ended going 25km to far the wrong way, so there was 3 E30 M3's leading the way but the roads had twisty's like you wouldn't beleive.. so we were booting it around 120-140KM/h just pure stupidity, long story short hitting the brakes at every corner and I guess his brake fluid boild and there was air in the lines, foot to the floor...So he had to bleed the lines when he got home..

Bob Loblaw
09-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Can't see the pics either. But then again, I'm not a member of Facebook.

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Sorry Al:( I'd post them but I have over 100 of them lol..

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 11:47 AM
A few

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 11:51 AM
More

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Again

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Again Again

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 11:57 AM
More And More

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 11:59 AM
More And More And Some More

Nascar318is
09-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Last Bunch Post Away...

Bob Loblaw
09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Nice pics, T., thanks!

Now I'm sad I couldn't go.

everlast
09-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Nice pics tony, they came up for me. I selfishly tagged myself in them! :) What do you mean good times except that I left for Tremblant? You were sad without me?

I cooked my brakes trying to get the rest of the pack to pull over at one point. I kept having to drive up beside the group (on hills with traffic) flash my lights then slow way down. I kept bouncing the rev limiter and likely rode the brakes. By the time I stopped, the pedal was mush. They came back, but the car pulls a little one way or the other.. I'll bleed them and likely they'll be fine.

Tremblant was pretty cool, I'll post some pics tonight.

Bob Loblaw
09-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Nice pics tony, they came up for me. I selfishly tagged myself in them! :)

PERV!!111

everlast
09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
PERV!!111

LOL, only a non-facebook user would think of that.

chromius
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Looks like it was fun...sucks I couldn't make it. :(

oldskool3
09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
im pretty bummed i couldn't make it. Especially since it was probably the nicest wheather we have had for a fall cruise in like 3 years.

We should definetly try and organize another cruise before the end of october and all the cars go away.

Ted in T.O.
09-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Cool pics Mr T. Who is the owner of the Euro E28 M5? I would like to contact him to see if he would like to come to Tedfest next summer. Ted in T.O.

Jamil20
09-24-2007, 05:39 PM
That DTM coloured E30 looks oh-so hot. Is that Raphs?

everlast
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm sure I can get the name of the fellow who had the Euro m5. It was a pleasure to be around; it looked good and smelled great. He is from Ottawa and brought his wife and kid on the cruise which is cool.

Jamil, if you mean the rally e30, it was the leader of the Quebec half of the cruise, and he drove like a dink and lost half the group, making us miss lunch and seriously pissing me off. I'm going to have words with the club about him. It was seriously not cool.

edit: rally e30, not m3.

ecuconnection
09-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Here is the short and quickly edited video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T77wNu3eBls

ScardE30
09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=everlast;1057469]
Jamil, if you mean the rally e30, it was the leader of the Quebec half of the cruise, and he drove like a dink and lost half the group, making us miss lunch and seriously pissing me off. I'm going to have words with the club about him. It was seriously not cool.

So you can't keep the momentum of an E30 on winter tires!!!

Maybe you deserved to miss brunch LOL.

Seriously don't be piss at him since he's the one who found out we where going to wrong way,after we just had to make up for some lost time.

everlast
09-24-2007, 11:42 PM

So you can't keep the momentum of an E30 on winter tires!!!

Maybe you deserved to miss brunch LOL.

Seriously don't be piss at him since he's the one who found out we where going to wrong way,after we just had to make up for some lost time.

Or, maybe doing 130 plus on a busy highway with a lot of motorcycles isn't smart. I'm sure I could go very fast on those roads, but don't. The point is, he was supposed to be helping everyone else find their, not racing. If he did want to go fast, he should slow up to allow the rest to catch up.

One of our members had his wife and kid in the car; do you think they'd like to drive like that? No. That's likely the last cruise I go on with that crew, it left such a sour taste in my mouth.

Lastly, a map that another member had showed the route that we were on *was* correct, and was supposed to hit the 117 (which we were minutes from by my best guess) then go south to Mont Gabriel. I don't know for sure, just that a better organized cruise means people have maps. How much for the cruise organizers to photocopy the directions.. $1.50?

So, please don't tell me whom to be pissed at.

everlast
09-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Oh, I'm also pissed at one of the cars who did a 180 on the highway and spun gravel at my car. You hope it wasn't you.

jeffrie
09-25-2007, 07:12 AM
Last few cruise I was on was more or less two groups, one that wanted and would go fast and "drive" and the other who stayed back and would "cruise" then meet up for lunch @ the pre determined rest stops for pics & chit chat ect...

I'v done some Winter rally driver's training with that guy in the rally e30, He's not just some punk who thinks he can drive, he really can.

You wouldn't have liked some of the old cruises we used to do, ask Adam, Tony, or Sam about the ones Aziz used to set up with that guy from the US that had that sharked 325ci, I miss them cruises.

By the sounds of it I'm glad now I didn't go on this one.

everlast
09-25-2007, 10:11 AM
I'v done some Winter rally driver's training with that guy in the rally e30, He's not just some punk who thinks he can drive, he really can.

Everyone here seems to be missing my point. I don't give a **** if we drive fast or not, but others certainly did. And, since we got totally ****ing lost and nobody slowed down to wait for us so we could find our way, we got to the meeting place an hour late, which means my afternoon plans were half shot. If he and others wanted to drive fast and split up the group, then make ****ing sure somebody knows where we're going next time.

Plus, as a favour to the rally car guy, he pulled over the last half of the group and I went after the first half when we were "going the wrong way" (which we weren't). While doing this, my brakes over heated therefore I didn't really want to shoot off into the forest.

So, I don't think he was some punk who drives fast, I think he was an irresponsible cruise leader and didn't do a good job at it.

Mike, the Ottawa cruise leader, drove kind of slow for my taste, but we were together all the time. If we got separated, he'd pull over and wait for the group to catch up, and he made his intentions clear where we were going.

jeffrie
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Unfortunat that it ruined your day, live and learn nobody's perfect and obviously that group leader definatly wasn't.
At least now you & the rest of us know better for next time.
I still think you over reacting.

ScardE30
09-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Or, maybe doing 130 plus on a busy highway with a lot of motorcycles isn't smart. I'm sure I could go very fast on those roads, but don't. The point is, he was supposed to be helping everyone else find their, not racing. If he did want to go fast, he should slow up to allow the rest to catch up.

One of our members had his wife and kid in the car; do you think they'd like to drive like that? No. That's likely the last cruise I go on with that crew, it left such a sour taste in my mouth.

Lastly, a map that another member had showed the route that we were on *was* correct, and was supposed to hit the 117 (which we were minutes from by my best guess) then go south to Mont Gabriel. I don't know for sure, just that a better organized cruise means people have maps. How much for the cruise organizers to photocopy the directions.. $1.50?

So, please don't tell me whom to be pissed at.

Maybe you should be piss at your driving skills!

everlast
09-25-2007, 06:45 PM

Edit: thanks for souring me even more towards the day / crowd. "</thread>"

Edit #2: removed my contribution to the sourness.

Edit #3: I never get in pissing matches on the interweb. What the hell? No more pissing for me.

I guess I have a different view of what the day was supposed to be. In any case, there were nice cars and I did make it to Tremblant and saw some cool race cars. 'nuff said.

Jamil20
09-25-2007, 06:47 PM

Come on, man. Show some maturity.

He's just saying that there were cars with children inside, and he wanted everyone to stay together instead of splitting up.

chromius
09-25-2007, 08:01 PM

Who are you?:confused:

If you drive the same way you act around here, I can see how the day would have sucked for everyone else.

But actually you are quite right, you really do need some mad driving skills to be able to drive fast on public roads.:rolleyes:

bmdoubleya
09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I know how you feel..:puke:

davide30
09-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh, I'm also pissed at one of the cars who did a 180 on the highway and spun gravel at my car. You hope it wasn't you.

Did you leave earlier to tell your mom how pissed you were of the ride.:D

BTW sorry for the gravel:moon:

everlast
09-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Too bad I said the pissing was over. All this ammo and no place to use it.

These guys are making good names for themselves eh?

ScardE30
09-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Too bad I said the pissing was over. All this ammo and no place to use it.

These guys are making good names for themselves eh?

*sad*

Hey! did you overheated the brakes on the forklift too.*th-up*

BTW You started that shit by over reacting and it's not fare for the volounters and organizers. We had fun you did not so next year like you said just stay home.

carjoe
09-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Actually, if I'd had my kid in the car, I'd be pretty upset at the way things seemed to have unfolded.

ScardE30: If you represent the organizers and volunteers, I'm glad I couldn't go.
DavidE30: No respect for anyone elses ride? Shame on you Montreal guys.

Lee in Ottawa
09-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Hmmm. . should I or shouldn't I post in this thread.

Alright here goes.

Granted I wasnt' there but I have been to a few and do agree it sucks how everyone always gets lost but im my opinion thats half the fun and i expect it. I know getting lost is not your point jay and i completely see your side as well.

BUT. . . lets all act a little more sensible here, last thing we need is to make an awkward tension between montreal in ottawa. **** if they didn't come and meet us twice a year I'd only know like 5 guys who appreciate bimmers. Lets close this thread and open a new one where the mtl guys and locals post some damn pics because while you were all off having fun I was towing my pos home because i'm still not finished (18 mths behind schedule but i swear she'll be ready for friday night :rolleyes: )

Now lets see some pic.

everlast
09-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Lee's right. Where's the love? We all have something in common: we love old BMWs. Besides, I think that forklift crack was pretty clever. I wish I owned a forklift, I'd never have jack my effin' car up again.

Here are the only pics I got that turned out:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4972&l=c6d06&id=511614485

Lemme know if that link doesn't work; facebook claims its a public link, but other albums don't work for some people. Facebook is still working out the bugs in the non-logged in portion of their site and I feel their pain.

chromius
09-25-2007, 11:54 PM
We all have something in common: we love old BMWs.

Well, to a point...what's the deal with those isetta's?:D

ecuconnection
09-26-2007, 12:00 AM
swear she'll be ready for friday night

BOUT TIME!!*rockout*

Turbo_Bimmer
09-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Wow!
sorry for the late reply, and be sure I don't want to restart the whole thing, but I think I have things to say and defend myself from what has been said here, mostly by Everlast.

Firstofall, yes, I'm the owner of the rally E30, Michel.

Where to start?

I see that there are some emotions from Everlast. May be you typed this as soon as you got home from the ballade. May be it would have been different if it had been posted a day later.
Also, I think that the fact that you had a problem with your brakes didn't help neither.

Well, first I would like to specify that I was not the group leader, Mike was. I was the last car of the ballade and my job was to make sure that no car was left stranded on the side of the road.

At one point, in Morin-Heights, the group was separated because of a red light. As far as I know, nobody from the first group never slowed down to wait for the second half of the group. The poor guy that instantaneously became the 'new group leader' took the road assuming that he would catch up the first group, which never happened because the first group turned right on the 329.

I was not aware of that, I was the last car and didn't see what was happening at the front. It's only minutes later on the 364, just after we passed the 329, that someone in a E36 pulled on the shoulder to tell me that we should have take the 329 and that the group was now two groups. I told him to go back and take the 329 and try to reach the group and I would go to try to catch up the cars that were on the wrong road.
I sounds easy, but I had some time lost while I was talking with the E36 guy, so, I eventually reached the second group, but many kms farther. Then, I tried my best to stop the group by flashing high beams, horn etc. Not everyone could see me, so, some did stop, some continued. That's when Everlast, if I'm not mistaken, offered me to go and get the other cars. I followed him at a slower pace with the rest of the group and eventually everyone were together.

Now, the drive back. I then became the group leader because I knew what road to take. I didn't drove 140 like it has been said. I drove like 20 kmh over the limit in the straights, but had to slow down in corners because of my winter tires. I did only one pass because of a slow truck, not more. There was no traffic on that road and the pass was easy. There was no way to get lost on that road, it was the same road we took minutes earlier and without intersections. When we reached the 329, I stopped on the shoulder to explain to almost every cars that I decided to continu the 364 straight through St-Sauveur, then to Ste-Adele, and not make the long tour since we were late on the schedule. I talked to Quebec members and Ottawa members, you can check. That last 5 minutes or more. If there were slower cars, they had plenty of time to reach us, but at that point I'm sure everyone was there. We took the 364, and at St-Sauveur I drove through the village, to make the ride more interresting. After the village, I stopped a second time on the shoulder just before we reached the 117. After a couple of minutes, the pack was formed again and we took the 117 north toward Mt-Gabriel, at the same speed as the local trafic.

During the meeting, there is something I said. It's that every car is responsible of the car behind him. So, if you don't see the car behind you, slow down or stop and wait for him. The car in front of you will do the same etc.

Also, before we left La Cremerie, Mike and I offered maps to people who wanted one. Only a few people took one. I still have a bunch of these maps on my desk, so it's not fair saying that we didn't offered maps to people.

And the point about the 364 reaching the 117 only minutes later, it's not correct. Like they say, " tous les chemins menent a Rome", or if you drive long enough, you will eventually be there. To reach the 117 from where we were, we would have had to drive the 364 further, then take the 327 up to Tremblant, then the 117 south to St-Adele, which represent a drive longer that the balade itself. The fastest way was to go back on the 364 like we did.

I did my best to try to recuperate the group, and to be in time at the brunch. Like it has been said, every year we loose people, and even if we talk to the group and tell them to wait for other, it's never perfect.

I don't know what to add to this, if it's that we were all there to have fun and share a passion we have. Hopefully it will continu that way.

Michel.

carjoe
09-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Okay fine, *hugs*

everlast
09-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I was only referring to the ride from when we turned around until we got to the town of St. Sauveur. I was following one car (Tony) and we were driving 120+ (very plus in a few cases) in the straights and cornering aggressively, many times not slowing down, and we still lost the group in front of us. When the lead group pulled over at the 117 junction, we certainly weren't there and nobody waited for us.

I'll tell you why I wouldn't drive any faster: I was trying to keep the cars behind us in view, and there are bikes on that rode that stick their heads over the double yellow all the time, and a head vs. my mirror is not good. As a biker I give them extra room on the road.

If it was not Michel that lead the "turn around group", then I apologize, but from the comments from the other QC club guys, whoever led the group didn't drive slow, and I would have to agree since I never saw them again for that portion of the drive. I'm not delving any more into this, it has already polluted the whole experience for me.

So, Michel, I'm sorry and I'd like more details on your E30. I never got to get a good look and I wished I had.

Nascar318is
09-26-2007, 01:36 PM
A Suggestion- Two Ways!! We all should have 2 way radios. That way no one would get lost, if this was the Gumball Rally it would be different, everyman for himself.

This is the second fall cruise in a row that I was involved in geting lost twice and it's always that small town with tons of people in it lol. Oh well what can you do know it's over. Yes I was pissed abit too... but it's all water under the bridge now. I'm starting to wonder if it's because of what happened last year, that there were not alot of people showed this year??

Lets not let this ruin our relationship with the Montreal/Ottawa Guys. Without them this year our cruise would have been only 6-7 cars.. Compared to the spring cruise last year with 40+.

Other then that it was fun and I always enjoy a little spireted driving lol

Hopefully there will be a larger turn out next year;)

bmdbley'sBro
09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
I see 'frustration' ...
i've never been on one of these but have heard all about em for years :D

what is needed is better planning ...every1 knowing the route ahead of time
not just 2 or 3 group leaders. maps for everyone.
everyone should be responsible for keeping with eachother, a group team type 'mindset' if you will..

if you're doing a 4 hr driving course you should have stop points every 1.5hrs
and wait 10-15mins to collect every1..
and you can all as a group advance to the next point..
you'll always have a few that need to shoot out front & have some fun (even on bike group rides)

but if everyone knows where they're going it creates less Panic/frustration when you loose track of a few or everyone..
even without any radios (bike group rides) this will cut down on Confusion,
cause you know every1 will be stopping at point 'x' along the way, etc..

the BMWCC forum is toast. for months now... the group will get smaller every year Until they fix that..

davide30
09-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Actually, if I'd had my kid in the car, I'd be pretty upset at the way things seemed to have unfolded.

ScardE30: If you represent the organizers and volunteers, I'm glad I couldn't go.
DavidE30: No respect for anyone elses ride? Shame on you Montreal guys.

you betcha !!!!

jeffrie
09-29-2007, 01:57 AM
I see 'frustration' ...
i've never been on one of these but have heard all about em for years :D

what is needed is better planning ...every1 knowing the route ahead of time
not just 2 or 3 group leaders. maps for everyone.
everyone should be responsible for keeping with eachother, a group team type 'mindset' if you will..

if you're doing a 4 hr driving course you should have stop points every 1.5hrs
and wait 10-15mins to collect every1..
and you can all as a group advance to the next point..
you'll always have a few that need to shoot out front & have some fun (even on bike group rides)

but if everyone knows where they're going it creates less Panic/frustration when you loose track of a few or everyone..
even without any radios (bike group rides) this will cut down on Confusion,
cause you know every1 will be stopping at point 'x' along the way, etc..

the BMWCC forum is toast. for months now... the group will get smaller every year Until they fix that..
You need to show up for one, and when you do you can follow me right after you paint your back windsheild black so you no longer can see who you have to slow down for... Then everyone would have a good reason to bi*h at us.*wiggle* .
I'v never been lost on that rout but every other cruise had some point were I didn't know were to go, but I always made sure to learn the way home in case I ever did get lost.