PDA

View Full Version : after u stop laughing at me..give me some advice :)

kapt_krickee
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM
ok..so..

i bought these seats off ebay..because i saw them on r3vlimited(i think) and they looked amazing!
...the guy on r3v had the other style seat from the same seller..with the 2holes in the headrest...i chose the one in the link...just a visual preference imo...

now..seeing them in someone else's e30..i ASSUMED they fit..but guess what..they dont..LOL..****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk................... .*uzi*
the best part has to be that I pulled the other seat vacuumed my car and then tried to install the seats..noticed only then that the rails were not only too short but also too close together..(too narrow)

the other really awesome part..and the part that you'll be laughin at..is the measurments are clearly shown on the site...nope..didnt double check that shit..

oh wait..I also paid the 'before they were on sale price' *rockout*

sometimes i love me...*mumble*

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...if you're done laughing...some advice...
return them? and lose on shipping etc...or make em fit..(how?)

here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RECARO-DC2-STYLE-RACING-SEATS-UNIVERSAL-JDM-ITR-CTR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ133209QQihZ005QQite mZ150160732717QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

thanks in advance*smoke*

Zorin
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Take the rails from the original seats and rails from the new ones and have a shop make you adapters out of thick gauge steel - simple fix - should not cost more than 20 bucks. I did that before and never had any issues.

static
09-13-2007, 05:27 PM
^^ what he said

i hope these seats are not of super-cheap variety, i heard a story of a guy who bought some ebay seats, then one day the seat broke and he got into an accident.

visually these look great tho!

kapt_krickee
09-14-2007, 11:23 AM
holy sheeat! u serious?

damn..well they feel like they're solid...hmm..now u got me all paranoid.......:D

Axxe
09-14-2007, 11:42 AM
What colour is the stitching? If / when you install them, do you mind if I check them out? I need a pair of seats for my DD, and these look pretty good.

everlast
09-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I have those seats installed in my e30. I made rails out of angled aluminum with nothing more than basic tools and some time and stainless steel hardware. They are solid, good looking seats.

I removed the included cheap-shit sliders and bolted on the factory sliders. They work / look great.

Soldo
09-14-2007, 12:11 PM
They look good.... but man are they cheap (price wise). I really hope they can hold up in an accident!

86coupe30
09-14-2007, 03:14 PM
yea i just too my old seat off got some angle iron. cut 1 inch pieces of angle drilled a hole in them bolt them to all 4 mounts on your stock seats you pulled out. tack weld piece of angle iron or tubing whatever you prefer in between he 2 angle pieces bolted down. that gives you your part to bolt to the floor then connect the two new rails with 2 more pieces, bolt them down to the rails that come on the seat and then bobs your uncle. i just shimmed the seat up and down with washers in the front and back. i can post a pick of what mine look like

86coupe30
09-14-2007, 03:15 PM
make sure you connect the two rails when they are on your old seat. so it is perfect width. and this is all if you weld,,,,and or have a buddy

everlast
09-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I've got some pics too. Angled aluminum is really sexy looking compared to angle iron, fyi, and about $25 for a 8' piece. I'll try to dig up some pics.

I also pulled the seats half apart to inspect them as they had some 'slop' in the upper back part adjusters. They appear to be fairly well constructed.

Edit: mine aren't like 86coupe30's; mine simply use the angled aluminum to adapt the width of the holes in the seats to the holes in the rails. No welding necessary.

86coupe30
09-14-2007, 04:10 PM
yea i used stainless steel. im just sayin for a solution for the guy.. and using aluminum pieces is kinda sketchy wouldnt trust my life on some thin guage aluminum angle. unless your using atleast 1/4" its not strong enough.

everlast
09-14-2007, 04:16 PM
i used 3/8" extruded aluminum that is plenty strong. keep in mind the only thing holding you in is the four factory grade 8 bolts; i'd say thats the lowest common denominator. i used grade 10 bolts for everything else.

calegrant
09-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Some advice? Don't rely on something cheap for safety. Especially something you're strapping yourself down to. One good bucket for driver with stock passenger > matching set of ebay budget buckets.