PDA

View Full Version : scam alert(selling cars in auto trader)

e36_freak
09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
just got a call from this guy at www.buygreatcars.com
started off casual asked if the car was still for sale. (i'm selling an 07 element)
and started telling me how it's a brokerage company they have clients who want to pay above the asking price. they just need $300 totally refundable brokerage fee.
what a tool too. he was like "lets see your car is listed for $11,000 i have clients who wants to pay $12000 for the car" i was like ummm that's the milage.
the price is $26,500. then he says "oops i have clients who wants to pay $28,000 for your car" lol i just started laughing.

"We are going to send you a cheque for $28000 for your $26500 car"

You send us the $300 extra that we keep as a brokerage fee for our client"

To make it even easier, we can direct deposit the $28,000 for you if you don't want to deal with having to go to the bank to cash the cheque. We have your convenience in our best interests!"
i went on their site to check em out. a quick google later found out it was just a scam.

i've had this call before but never paid attention to it cuz i was selling cheap cars.

anyways they run under the names of
buycarsnow.ca
buygreatautos.com
autoregistries.ca

just a heads up guys

MP328
09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
oops i think my buddy whos trying to sell his escalada ended up falling for this shit. cuz just yesterday he was telling me about it and made me send the pics for him to that one buygreatauto.com page

i guess i better call him up and tell him about this shit lolol

we'll see what happens next

stiffy
09-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I think they're doing the same scam chasing leasebusters people. A friend has his car listed on leasebusters, and got a call from a guy saying he worked with folks with bad/no credit. This guy said his company would take over the lease and release it to the credit-challenged people, for some fee. Sounds eerily familiar. Hmmm...

Fe9L
09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
yeah when i was selling my car, i had a guy call me claiming he is from buycarsnow.ca, and i sensed it was a scam so i asked him a couple of questions about the company and where their head office is and so on,
he knew his shit but all the info was straight from the website and he was probably sittin infront of his screening reading this shit...
he told me to send him 200 and he will find me customers within a month, even though he "had 2 people willing to give me 2000 more for my car".
im like so why wouldnt they come up to me and just give me less money than what im asking not more(since he saw my car on autotrader)...he hesitated and changed the topic, then i asked him again he told me that they are able to finance those people those cars
i ignored him and told him il call him later, he called me twice a day for 2 straight weeks and i didnt pick up and finally he gave up

WATCH OUT FOR PEOPLE LIKE THAT

btw, he told me his name was john something so watch out!

Eurostyle
09-11-2007, 11:55 PM
WAY too many scams these days! Why dont people just work the $$$...

M3speed
09-12-2007, 09:18 AM
thanks for the heads up man!! i have a buddy who is selling his car on there!

Betray
09-12-2007, 02:45 PM
report them to RCMP or some shit.. they will love that phone call.

summit425
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
report them to RCMP or some shit.. they will love that phone call.

I called Toronto police to report some kinds of scam activity.

Things like scammer send me a fake money order and they asked me to ship the item first before the money order is clear.

and I was very surprised by what they told me.

"why don't you just don't get involved?"

I was like wtf.. I wanted them to chase the scammers and put them into the jail..

jstalin
10-17-2007, 04:14 PM
"why don't you just don't get involved?"

I was like wtf.. I wanted them to chase the scammers and put them into the jail..

And cops wonder why nobody wants to cooperate with them. Called about a car break in last year, the response was similar, "And you're calling us because...?"

europrince
10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
And cops wonder why nobody wants to cooperate with them. Called about a car break in last year, the response was similar, "And you're calling us because...?"

12 years ago, I had a Civic that was broken into, driver window bashed, faceplate stolen. The interior was very dusty at the time and you could see fingerprints on the dash. I went to the cop shop to file a report. They refused to check the prints. I'm like, this is probably a serial thief costing people and insurance companies thousands and you refuse to try to identify him to stop him?

Boots R
10-17-2007, 04:36 PM
12 years ago, I had a Civic that was broken into, driver window bashed, faceplate stolen. The interior was very dusty at the time and you could see fingerprints on the dash. I went to the cop shop to file a report. They refused to check the prints. I'm like, this is probably a serial thief costing people and insurance companies thousands and you refuse to try to identify him to stop him?

Why cross-check for prints, when they can be sitting behind some trees pointing a radar gun at cars.

Clearly they have their priorities straight.

e36_freak
10-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Why cross-check for prints, when they can be sitting behind some trees pointing a radar gun at cars.

Clearly they have their priorities straight.

that couldn't be closer to the truth.... a few years back one of eurostyle's e30's got vandalized pretty badly and he called /went to the police station to report it. they said they don't have the MANPOWER to do anything about it.

the word seems to be tossed around quite a bit. they don't have the manpower to deal with shit but they have the manpower to ****en harrass ppl for traffic laws every minute of the day!! boils my bloood

it all goes down to which is making them money! it's all about the bottom line...they aint in the business of protecting people just a legal mob system

Eurotakeover
05-21-2008, 12:15 AM
There is something seriously wrong with the police system these days. All they care about now is speeding... so stupid.

BenBMW
05-21-2008, 10:59 AM
There is something seriously wrong with the police system these days. All they care about now is speeding... so stupid.

+999,999,999,999

maroli
05-21-2008, 02:41 PM
catching criminals doesn't make money...catching civilians does

BMW_7
05-21-2008, 09:44 PM
This reminds me of Russian police system. Corrupt to the bone and looking for a quick buck.

I bet if a cop pulls you over and you start giving out stacks of 1000's he'd more than happily leave you alone.

This is why i HATE the government, cops etc. People say working for the government is great, etc. I say I would NEVER work for the government

VSanj
05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
catching criminals doesn't make money...catching civilians does

100% percent correct brother........catching criminals COSTS money!

bmwm5lover
05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
People say working for the government is great, etc. I say I would NEVER work for the government

I disagree.:P

woofster
05-23-2008, 05:08 PM
...he was like "lets see your car is listed for $11,000 i have clients who wants to pay $12000 for the car" i was like ummm that's the milage.
the price is $26,500. then he says "oops i have clients who wants to pay $28,000 for your car" lol i just started laughing.

What a nice cover-up. I'd LOL all the way from the tip of my finger to the END CALL button on my phone. :D