PDA

View Full Version : Bimmercruise 2007 summary

EMPOWERD
09-10-2007, 12:56 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for coming out today, we had a great turn out considering the terrible weather in Toronto. Luckily we didn't see any rain up at Mosport all day. I'm sure attendance would have been better if Toronto's weather looked nicer.

I'd also like to thanks all our sponsors (http://www.maxbimmer.com/bimmercruise/sponsors.html) for supporting us in 2007... without them, Bimmercruise wouldn't be possible.

A big shout out to the awesome staff that came through, even when the day looked like it was going to be a bad one. You guys are invaluable!

Running the show is always a learning experience.... the following improvements are noted for next year:

-June event
-more classes (trophies)
-online (pre)registration
-more entertainment (Live DJ, more models, mobile dyno)
-paved parking lot
-More staff at front entrance (with more pens)

... any other suggestions guys?? I'm taking notes!

Axxe
09-10-2007, 01:46 AM
You can always use some more cowbell!

:D

Thanks for putting on a great show as always! DJ sounds like a good idea, and preregistration would definitely help expediting the judging process.

Even though this was a minor problem (considering the quantity of cars), I think there is a need for stricter enforcement of speeding on mosport grounds.

Also, a BBQ would make it easier for everyone to grab food (and not wait in a 30 min lineup).

EMPOWERD
09-10-2007, 01:55 AM
There doesn't seem to be anything that can be done for idiots that don't listen. Example: minutes after asking (during the awards ceremony) everyone to depart slowly , sure enough.. some a$$hole has to peel out down the road while leaving.

I can't have food at the event because it conflicts with the sales at Mosport's Restaurant. Unfortunately, lines are a fact of life.

Axxe
09-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Ahh, fair enough. I figured that the food issue would infringe on Mosport's restaurant (AKA grease pit).

As for the idiots, it's hard to keep them all down, and it's pretty damn shitty that a few bad apples will spoil it for everyone.

Predator_e36
09-10-2007, 07:21 AM
great turn out still, food sucked, next time i'm waxing the bimmer

Hound
09-10-2007, 08:44 AM
greta event once again Randy, and congrats to the winners! Despite the weather it was great to see all the people who came out regardless and had their rides still looking great even though the roads got them dirty on the way up.

StikiGreenZ
09-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Great event... Better weather would have been nice, but all in all, a very-well organized and entertaining day.

NickP
09-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Great event - awesome job organizing Randy
Its been great to go to this show for so many years and see it get bigger and better every year!

Hamann330ci
09-10-2007, 10:27 AM
good times

T.Dot_E30
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Great Job Randy, Thanks for bring all the bimmers together!

I'm sure it will continue to get better and better every year.

greekthang
09-10-2007, 10:58 AM
good times

WTF ROC !!!!

Why you got to pull on me on the highway like that !!! I thought we where boys !!! LOL ****ING GREAT HIGHWAY RUNS BUDDY !!!

You car hauls ass !!!!!!!!!

Gamite
09-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I think the awards amount is good, but maybe add a sound competition. SPL and SQ?

Hound
09-10-2007, 12:39 PM
that would be cool. I like that idea.

BMW03
09-10-2007, 12:54 PM
hey could someone post some more pics if anyone has some. I live in Michigan and I have always wanted to go but they are always so far away. It seems like and awesome event.

T.Dot_E30
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Did anyone get a good panoramic shot of all the cars?

Quack
09-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I thought the show went great, about the food idea, I told people to bring their BBQ, and I only say 1 group of people who did bring one.

punnzzells
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Randy,

What a great event... as NICK P stated, it's nicer to see it get bigger and better each year. Hopefully those 2 incidents that occured won't put a bad name to the event.

Guys, not b/c he has so many freckles, but becuase he's really dedicated to the event, we all seriously owe Randy a beer!

Randy,

I've been talking to a lot of people and they are soooo upset that they missed the show because of the weather. # 1 reason, I didn't think anyone would show.

So, that puts another idea in my head... live web cast? We will talk with Mass @ Prioritynetworks Inc. to make it happen if you want.

greekthang
09-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Randy,

What a great event... as NICK P stated, it's nicer to see it get bigger and better each year. Hopefully those 2 incidents that occured won't put a bad name to the event.

Guys, not b/c he has so many freckles, but becuase he's really dedicated to the event, we all seriously owe Randy a beer!

Randy,

I've been talking to a lot of people and they are soooo upset that they missed the show because of the weather. # 1 reason, I didn't think anyone would show.

So, that puts another idea in my head... live web cast? We will talk with Mass @ Prioritynetworks Inc. to make it happen if you want.

Hey buddy it was great seeing you again. I must admit you guys did a great job judging the event. I feel as if everyone got exactly what they deserved trophy wise. Well done and I think you guys deserve the round of applause and beers !! *rockout*

Boots R
09-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Randy,

Randy,

Nice meeting you on Friday Mike. *th-up*

Furious
09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
ok here is only only thing that i have to say, now dont get me wrong i love the venue, Mosport is the ultimate venue, but the size of the venue shrinks yearly, i think the problems are these.

-distance, mosport is an easy drive for me (my parents live pretty much right there), but for a lot of people, ive heard bitching and moaning about how far it is. the point of Bimmercruise, is the cruise, which is beautiful.

-timing- september is tough for a good majority of people who both have to get ready to go back to school and those who have kids going back to school, moving etc.

-promotion- internet and the cards are great, however we have to brainstorm a way to get the word out there to the right people.

-vendors/sponsors- each year we loose more of these, i always loved being able to browse the vendors when youve seen all the cars and are waiting for the trophy ceremony

-shelter- had it rained at mosport, there really wasnt any shelter except the bathrooms and our own cars

-food- a good majority waited 1/2 an hour for food... thats crazy

-Now i know we wont be going back to Applewood plaza but those , bar none, were the best shows we had, 300+ cars, paved lot, food in the plaza, vendors could lug their merchandise to it, and the date IIRC was pre-september, when people were still here before heading off to school etc.

this is a pretty long post but my main concern is the venue, if we cant change the venue, we need to promote the venue a lot better.

- also Congrats to all the winners this year, the cars looked amazing, it really made me miss my own car, however dont worry ill be back next year to try to take my trophy back hehe

punnzzells
09-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Furious...

good points... I am sure Randy is listening. This is what makes the event, positve and negative feedback.

BootsR... ya it was good meeting you too man... I had you pegged as a pimple popping teenie weenie bopper! It's good to get out and meet people.

punnzzells
09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey buddy it was great seeing you again. I must admit you guys did a great job judging the event. I feel as if everyone got exactly what they deserved trophy wise. Well done and I think you guys deserve the round of applause and beers !! *rockout*

ya man, it's been too long bro. the car is looking good too...*th-up*

bmwm5lover
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Great event, good job to Randy!
I am glad I could be of some assistance with the show!
Some really nice cars fo shore.

greekthang
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM

Thanks Mike it has been a long time. Good job on the judging I know it was hard glad to see my bro came out with 2 trophies. I knew he would at least get one. His car is incredibly clean. Even if he wasnt my bro he deserved at least one for the condition its in

Hamann330ci
09-10-2007, 03:32 PM
how about all those nail polish spots we fixed, just kidding

good times good times

BMW BMXer
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I think the awards amount is good, but maybe add a sound competition. SPL and SQ?

That would be cool, I have always wanted to see an SPL comp in person.

Seven
09-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Looks like the cruise was a lot of fun. Great turnout! I was hoping to make it out to this event but had a conflicting family event. So, hopefully next year! I'll be staying tuned to the pics thread!! :)

Axxe
09-10-2007, 05:33 PM
How about a "track prep" or "purpose built" class? A lot of guys had their cars set up for track days and auto-X, but don't have any audio, custom interior, flashy wheels, etc, and can't get points to be competitive in an existing class. Just a thought.....

greekthang
09-10-2007, 05:36 PM

Roc nails ??LOL on his hands ?? He entered his hand nails in as well. LOL

Mike yeah I guess this was the first time you saw my car cause every time we met up I had my van with me. LOL

Well that was my ride. LOL

Sickbimmer
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I just want to thank everyone that set up Bimmercruise this year. It was great to see the turn out we had considering the weather in the morning. I hope it just keeps on growing. One thing I would like to see for next year is maybe a mobile dyno? What do you guys think?

Also thanks to all the friendly members that made some of the "NEWBIES" welcome.

Boots R
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
How about a "track prep" or "purpose built" class? A lot of guys had their cars set up for track days and auto-X, but don't have any audio, custom interior, flashy wheels, etc, and can't get points to be competitive in an existing class. Just a thought.....

"Fuh Raze" class. :D

greekthang
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
"Fuh Raze" class. :D

Boots what the hell ?? You where at the cruise ??

Magic_Black
09-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Sunday was a great day. The cruise however was alittle tough for my car to handle, but i do have a few rocks chips courtesy of all those consession roads we went through.

The show itself was awesome. My first show I brought my E30 too and now that I know what the competition has I am going to do my best to be a stronger competitior for next years competition. I was hoping that some of my family could have made the trips with their X5's but the trip was too far them to make in such a short time. Maybe a closer venue to the city would help.

I also wanna send out my thanks to the organizers, sponsors, and event helpers. It was trully a good day. It would have been rain or shine.

Allan.

EMPOWERD
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
-distance,

-timing-

-promotion-

-vendors/sponsors-

-shelter-

-food-

Points well taken, here are some arguements:

1) Distance- How can you guys complain about driving 100+KM once a year to a venue for a large BMW-specific show, but have no problems doing the same distance on a "midnight cruise" event, or going to wasaga beach to get harassed by cops? Not trying to compare, but Bimmerfest gets people from different states coming, even when it was still a small event years ago.

2) Timing- agreed... Trying for June next year. Mostly my fault for procrastinating... lots of work involved prepping.

3) Promotion = money... more sponsors, more promotion and trophies.

4) Vendors -I tried. We got some good sponsors this year, but only 2 actually came out to set up a booth. I can only ask... if they don't want to...?

5) Shelter - noted, and unfortunately not much I can do unless I rent a huge party tent ($$??).

6) Food- Can't conflict with Mosport's restaurant income. They can only cook so much at once too, must be patiend, or go when it's NOT LUNCH.

7) Applewood- I am able to have the show there, but refuse to. As a show organizer, it is much easier to keep a show running smoothly when half the parking lot isn't leaving for the local mall, or friend's house once they've looked around for 30mins. The lot becomes patchy and too much (literal) traffic. Notice how this past event everyone (pretty much) stayed there the whole day?

We always had a class for "Race Prep" but found that only 1 or 2 cars would show up. I don't even think anyone had a race prep car this weekend! If they did, they were probably on the track.

Sunday was a great day. The cruise however was alittle tough for my car to handle, but i do have a few rocks chips courtesy of all those consession roads we went through.

Allan.

Don't follow so closely. Everyone had a map if you got lost. Rock don't just jump off the ground and hit you by themselves!

zimzimmma
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Great time, was fun and was my first time attending. I like the grass better then paved. lots of nice cars.. I think next time I will enter my car in the show ( I didn't think my car was worthy :))

Great job guys!!!*th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

Ant118
09-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Great show Randy as always. And anytime i can help its no problem. Congrates to all the winners. Us judges had a hard time choosing the Winner's. Also Mike check your pm on S14 im writing you a pm after this message. Hope to see everyone next year!

Miguel
09-10-2007, 11:17 PM
ok here is only only thing that i have to say, now dont get me wrong i love the venue, Mosport is the ultimate venue, but the size of the venue shrinks yearly, i think the problems are these.

-distance, mosport is an easy drive for me (my parents live pretty much right there), but for a lot of people, ive heard bitching and moaning about how far it is. the point of Bimmercruise, is the cruise, which is beautiful.

-timing- september is tough for a good majority of people who both have to get ready to go back to school and those who have kids going back to school, moving etc.

-promotion- internet and the cards are great, however we have to brainstorm a way to get the word out there to the right people.

-vendors/sponsors- each year we loose more of these, i always loved being able to browse the vendors when youve seen all the cars and are waiting for the trophy ceremony

-shelter- had it rained at mosport, there really wasnt any shelter except the bathrooms and our own cars

-food- a good majority waited 1/2 an hour for food... thats crazy

-Now i know we wont be going back to Applewood plaza but those , bar none, were the best shows we had, 300+ cars, paved lot, food in the plaza, vendors could lug their merchandise to it, and the date IIRC was pre-september, when people were still here before heading off to school etc.

this is a pretty long post but my main concern is the venue, if we cant change the venue, we need to promote the venue a lot better.

- also Congrats to all the winners this year, the cars looked amazing, it really made me miss my own car, however dont worry ill be back next year to try to take my trophy back hehe

Exactly.

98Dinan3
09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
great event Randy! *th-up* I was only too happy to have been able to take part and help out a little. I'm definitely in for a position next year as well... you can put me down now... I'll be there.

Now as far as the venue is concerned, Mosport really is a great place to have Bimmercruise. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's worth the drive for sheer ambience alone, not to mention the skidpad, great scenery, actual racing going on, etc...

Anyway, thanks again Randy. You're a true asset to the Bimmer community*love* ................................:moon:

1BADBMR
09-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I thought the show went great, about the food idea, I told people to bring their BBQ, and I only say 1 group of people who did bring one.

I'm sure glad I brought it too. Heard the food was:puke:

Randy...congrads to another show well put together. Can't wait till next year.
By the way, I preferred the grass....much better to BBQ on with the fold chairs near by:cool:

Derrick
09-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks Randy,and the rest of the Maxbimmer staff for having the event.I had a blast as usual..Just one question..Why is it they always kick us off the skid pad ? Anyways Cheers to all who turned out.

AlexS
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM
I had a great time on Sunday. I had the black Z3 there. Nice to meet many of you!

mpower1226
09-14-2007, 12:49 AM
As a proud sponsor of bimmercruz, I thank all of you for joining this great event and to those of you who earned the trophies, congratulation and hope you join our small prize!

As for the Randy's comment on setting up a booth for sponsor, i couldn't even make out to the event this year as we were really busy at the shop. However, next year, I will make sure to come out and set up a booth and sponsor more prizes.