PDA

View Full Version : Porsche's

Sneaky
09-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Do you think they are rich mans cars, or do you think anyone who can afford one should get one?

I've seen some in the Trader for $30K-$40K with under 100k so they aren't that expensive. But I rarely see regular guys or even young guys driving them.

Thoughts?

p.s. Im talking about the cars, not the SUV. Cayenne's are definetly for chicks lol.

phawx
09-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Do you think they are rich mans cars, or do you think anyone who can afford one should get one?

I've seen some in the Trader for $30K-$40K with under 100k so they aren't that expensive. But I rarely see regular guys or even young guys driving them.

Thoughts?

p.s. Im talking about the cars, not the SUV. Cayenne's are definetly for chicks lol.

I'd buy a car for the ride / reliability etc, more along the lines of the physical aspects of the car, not the status symbol or what it means to other people. If you like the car and enjoy driving it, that's all that matters.

Sneaky
09-09-2007, 02:11 AM
I'd buy a car for the ride / reliability etc, more along the lines of the physical aspects of the car, not the status symbol or what it means to other people. If you like the car and enjoy driving it, that's all that matters.

You're right and its also what on the inside that counts.

http://warnerkirby.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/the_more_you_know775718.jpg

vadim321go
09-09-2007, 02:25 AM
i really dislike the styling of porches, i know ppl love it but i really hate it. im not talking shit about the way it drives cause im sure its great im strictly talking about the visual

joeys323ci
09-09-2007, 03:02 AM
just because you can afford to buy one , dont mean you can afford to fix those bad boys.

mpower1226
09-09-2007, 03:54 AM
just because you can afford to buy one , dont mean you can afford to fix those bad boys.

PLUS, even if you manage to buy it, How are you going to insure them?

I am sure that anyone who is able to buy a brand new civic can afford a used porsche, but maintaining AND insuring them is another question that one has to consider.

Sneaky
09-09-2007, 05:12 AM
PLUS, even if you manage to buy it, How are you going to insure them?

I am sure that anyone who is able to buy a brand new civic can afford a used porsche, but maintaining AND insuring them is another question that one has to consider.

How bad can insurance be on a 30 Grand car?

///Milan
09-09-2007, 10:58 AM
What decent porsche's are you guys seeing for 30gs??

Understated
09-09-2007, 11:21 AM

I highly recommend you contact your insurance and get a quote from them on a Porsche of your choice. Then go into Pfaff Porsche, and re-iterate your initial post and let them explain to you the joys of Porsche maintenance/upkeep.

As you stated, theres a REASON why every joe schmo who can afford a 30k Porsche doesn't drive one.

Regards

AceOfSpades
09-09-2007, 11:30 AM
They are god gift to mankind. i'd take a porsche over a ferrari anyday anytime
i dunno much about maintainance but i know they are SEXY SEXY SEXY cars, even the boxster*love* *th-up*
Porsche 993 targa*mw* *mw*
http://k111.fc2web.com/pphoto/993targa.jpg

Blades
09-09-2007, 12:11 PM
an oil change costs more then insurance of those bad boys. at least for me.

Zook@SCB
09-09-2007, 10:50 PM
But I rarely ever see regular guys or even young guys driving them.
:huh?: :confused:

Sneaky
09-09-2007, 11:49 PM
:huh?: :confused:

Every time I see a porsche its always either some old bald guy wearing a baseball cap, or some guy in a suit and tie yapping on his cellphone. Im not hating on either, I hope to be one of those guys when im older and out of school.

Boots R
09-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Every time I see a porsche its always some old bald guy wearing a baseball cap,

Bahahahahaha. :D

VSanj
09-10-2007, 02:21 PM
^^mid life crises FTW........lol. I know you can pick up a decent one for relativley cheap. But you cant winter drive those......unless your an idiot...lol.

Also insurence depends on the type of car not its value...........you will get raped by insurance as well as maintinance.

Axxe
09-10-2007, 05:36 PM
LOL. This thread, coming from you, makes it double funny. "If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it." Even when it comes to used Porsche's. Price out a ball joint. Just because you are flossing a basic entry level 3 series, doesn't make you baller. Porsche = serious business. Also, when you have a Porsche, all the meter maids will be begging to give you a blowjob and/or want anal.

Sneaky
09-10-2007, 05:39 PM
LOL. This thread, coming from you, makes it double funny. "If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it." Even when it comes to used Porsche's. Price out a ball joint. Just because you are flossing a basic entry level 3 series, doesn't make you baller. Porsche = serious business. Also, when you have a Porsche, all the meter maids will be begging to give you a blowjob and/or want anal.

Its true, BMW owners are jerks.

denisemichel
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM

I Agree:)

Zook@SCB
09-10-2007, 06:09 PM
But you cant winter drive those......unless your an idiot...lol.

Also insurence depends on the type of car not its value...........you will get raped by insurance as well as maintinance.

lol man the Ignorance these days... if a RWD 996 can go around the Nurburgring at this (http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3619443693981877229&q=Porsche+snow&total=59&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3) speed, Im sure you can atleast drive the AWD Porsche on GTA Streets with Snows on, trust me i do it...and most of teh guys i know with Porsche's drive their as well in teh snow... infact it drives better than my Passat in the snow...

As for inurance you might get raped, might not... im 21 playing $370 a month on my 04 C4S which is not bad compared to getting raped on my VW 1.8T when i was just 19 paying about $550... PS: i do have a Ticket which is 4 point

Plus the 996 are preety much affordable these days staring at about 40K for a 99, but id suggest shell out a bit more and get the MKII 996's (+02's) but the 99-01 are just as solid...

and Maintance is not anymore than your BMW or MB... If you can afford to Insure and maintain a E46 you can afford to Insure and maintain 996 and im talkign about the N/A's not the Twin Turbo's

Axxe
09-10-2007, 06:57 PM

Yup.

VSanj
09-10-2007, 07:32 PM

lol man the Ignorance these days... if a RWD 996 can go around the Nurburgring at this (http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3619443693981877229&q=Porsche+snow&total=59&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3) speed, Im sure you can atleast drive the AWD Porsche on GTA Streets with Snows on, trust me i do it...and most of teh guys i know with Porsche's drive their as well in teh snow... infact it drives better than my Passat in the snow...

As for inurance you might get raped, might not... im 21 playing $370 a month on my 04 C4S which is not bad compared to getting raped on my VW 1.8T when i was just 19 paying about $550... PS: i do have a Ticket which is 4 point

Plus the 996 are preety much affordable these days staring at about 40K for a 99, but id suggest shell out a bit more and get the MKII 996's (+02's) but the 99-01 are just as solid...

and Maintance is not anymore than your BMW or MB... If you can afford to Insure and maintain a E46 you can afford to Insure and maintain 996 and im talkign about the N/A's not the Twin Turbo's

4 point ticket and your paying $370 a month..................give me your agents number!!!

Also i wasnt being ignorant, of course you can drive those in the winter..........if people drove rear wheel drive zero handling tanks on the 60's, of course you could drive a porshce awd. The question is, why would you want to?

Zook@SCB
09-10-2007, 08:04 PM
4 point ticket and your paying $370 a month..................give me your agents number!!!

Also i wasnt being ignorant, of course you can drive those in the winter..........if people drove rear wheel drive zero handling tanks on the 60's, of course you could drive a porshce awd. The question is, why would you want to?

no Agent, Royal Bank Canada...

Why would you want to? coz it fun and safer than a FWD car... and plus i buy cars so can drive them all teh time, not put them away in the winter*par-t* and Why not?

Boots R
09-10-2007, 08:10 PM
no Agent, Royal Bank Canada...

Why would you want to? coz it fun and safer than a FWD car... and plus i buy cars so can drive them all teh time, not put them away in the winter*par-t* and Why not?

Because winter accelerates the wear on any car.

Bmwstylz
09-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Rear engine + rear wheel drive = awesome handling in the winter. Galvanized paint = no rust. The perfect winter car, why not enjoy it year round?

I think part of the reason more people don't buy them used too is that they are afraid of the costs of ownership - just like with BMWs. Two things people say when i say i drive a BMW - "wow you must be rich!" "must be expensive to repair".

The average Joe doesn't quite get that its cheaper to drive a better made, better driving, lower depriciating, engineering marvel, over a lesser ride. You enjoy driving it way more, better prestige, and you get your money back when you sell it.

Fortunately not everyone knows this, so we can still exude a bit of prestige when rollin' in our beemas ;) and more so if we make the jump to Porsche.

windsor318is
09-11-2007, 01:34 AM
i would do it if i could learn how to repair them myself. is there porsche forums like this one that would help maintanence? id forsure drive one all year round, it would have to be all wheel drive or i wouldnt buy one.

EMPOWERD
09-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Porsche looks are definitely love-it or hate-it. I'm really not a fan of the 996 chassis (exception of tuner models and factory GT2) or older >1990.

maintainence costs are about the same as BMW (dealership-wise), but more expensive in the private-garage sector because of exclusivity and clientelle.

The reason you don't see as many is because of pure lack of convenience. They are bought mostly as a 2nd (fun) car to play with on nice weekends (if you can afford that luxury). Younger people get penalized with insurance premiums, and most middle-aged people would rather buy a (more useful) BMW (keeping the German ride/build/prestige) and use it all the time.

Zook@SCB
09-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Bmwstylz - Well said...

Windor318is - there are many many forums but the best i have seen for most info and am a part of is www.rennlist.com , www.6speedonline.com and www.renntech.org

And like EMPOWERD said Porsche are just as expensive to maintain as a BMW...

jstalin
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM

Are you seriously this stupid?

Sneaky
09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Are you seriously this stupid?

Get off My dick Peasant. Are you so used to mediocrity thats its simply impossible for people to have better shit then you.

Sneaky
09-12-2007, 12:01 PM

370 isnt so bad, I pay 250 for a 2003 e46.

Zook@SCB
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
370 isnt so bad

thats what ppl tell me*wiggle*

VSanj
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
If your paying $250 for a E46...........your gonna pay alot more for a porsche.......trust me call your agent.

Also mediocrity and JStalin?? Lol..........you dont know him, but trust me he could buy a porshe before many of us on this board if he wanted to

Sneaky
09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Anyways its not like Im running out to buy a porshce this minute. I'm just looking for the perfect weekend summer Toy for next next year or maybe the near after. Porsche is like way way down on the list.

StikiGreenZ
09-12-2007, 12:49 PM
370 isnt so bad, I pay 250 for a 2003 e46.

Get a quote on a e46 M3, and even that wont be comparable to the insurance of that Porsche. Before shutting other people down, make sure you know the facts before opening your mouth. I love how you always go around posting you drive a 2003 E46, but fail to mention its a 320 (also noticed the car in your sig isn't a 320). :confused:

Insurance isn't only based on your car. It's based on its horsepower (you have a 320i --> nowhere near that porsche), characterisitics of other drivers that drive it, theft-statistics, accident statistics, repair statistics, claims of other drivers with that car, as well as your driving history and your address.

It is possible the insurance on a 325 be higher than a 330 simply because it has less incidents across the country or whatever region they sort by.

VSanj
09-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Anyways its not like Im running out to buy a porshce this minute. I'm just looking for the perfect weekend summer Toy for next next year or maybe the near after. Porsche is like way way down on the list.

if porsche is "way way down" the list than why bother with this thread

jstalin
09-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Get off My dick Peasant. Are you so used to mediocrity thats its simply impossible for people to have better shit then you.

The only thing worse than a parvenu is one who tries hard to play the role of one.

While I buy property with money I have, you simply aspire to buy a used baller ride with money you don't.

Wait, you're the one who thought driving a beat up 3 automatically gets you free parking & asian nympho passengers. Logic isn't your strong suite.

Boots R
09-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Wait, you're the one who thought driving a beat up 3 automatically gets you free parking & asian nympho passengers. Logic isn't your strong suite.

My car is 11 years older than his, cost probably less than half what he paid, and STILL has more HP. He picked the wrong car to floss in.

Sneaky
09-12-2007, 03:18 PM
The only thing worse than a parvenu is one who tries hard to play the role of one.

While I buy property with money I have, you simply aspire to buy a used baller ride with money you don't.

I don't care about your life story.

And why do you think you know shit about me?

Do you know whats its like to buy a house and car Cash while still going to school 4 days a week.

I don't need to brag about my life or accomplishments cause I have nothing to prove to faceless internet retards. I think if you work hard when your young then you should be able to experience some of the nice toys life has to offer, cause when your older all you doing is over compensating.

All I did was make a thread about owning a Porsche and I get people like you trying to bash me. Wtf is wrong with you? Do you have any social skills...DO you just bash people who don't even know you without provocation? Respect, Class, Maturity, Get some.

This is getting out of hand, I cant make a thread without these fallowers going to of their way to bash me for no reason, then when i defend myself they say Im over reacting.

StikiGreenZ
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Someone, get this man a box of tissues please! :D

Sneaky
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I love how you always go around posting you drive a 2003 E46, but fail to mention its a 320 (also noticed the car in your sig isn't a 320). :confused:

LOL you kill me

Again with the numbers? The way you go on and on about owning a 330i you would think you had an m3.

The difference between my 320 and your 330 is negligible, and I bet you think people care. I bet in person that you bring it up all the time that u have a 330 sedan and thats its so rare.

If my car is good, then your car is a little bit better. If my car is a peace of shit, then yours is a bit less of a peace of shit. Your car is not even a zhp so i dont get the arrogance. I wrote i have a 320 in my profile and you've told me a million times you got a 330 and how much better you think it is. Why continue? DO you think i give a ****?

Sneaky
09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
My car is 11 years older than his, cost probably less than half what he paid, and STILL has more HP. He picked the wrong car to floss in.

If it was all about horse power then I would have paid less money for a g35.

jstalin
09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
LOL this twat knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

If my car is good, then your car is a little bit better. If my car is a peace of shit, then yours is a bit less of a peace of shit.

It's 'piece of shit' you ****ing ingrate! I guess George Brown admission standards have really dropped these days

Sneaky
09-12-2007, 03:43 PM
LOL this twat knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

It's 'piece of shit' you ****ing ingrate! I guess George Brown admission standards have really dropped these days

http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_warriors/grammarian.jpg

Grammarian

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.

And I Graduated from George brown, Im at Ryerson now Finishing my Engineering degree. 1 year and a bit left and ill Ill actually be able to work full time.

StikiGreenZ
09-12-2007, 04:29 PM
LOL you kill me

Again with the numbers?

Don't even start. No one said anything about me being better. It's about you assuming you are something you ain't. Being the baller with the chicks bending over in front of you left right and center to your misrepresented vehicle in your signature. Just cause I say you're over bragging about your entry level e46 does in no way reference my superiority. No one mentioned the vehicle i drive, notice I drive a 1996 Cavalier as well, which is probably not as good a car as the 320. Stop pointing out my so-called superior car and making me look like some superficial jack-ass like yourself. Just cause you value these numbers doesnt mean you can go around making others seem as materialistic and stupid as yourself.

VSanj
09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
OMG this guy sneaky is more sensitive than my wife............lol...........george brown college.....lol.

everything about dude kills me....lol

Axxe
09-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, he's a big pussy. Waaaaa!

VSanj
09-12-2007, 05:39 PM
^^Quick run before he tells his mommy........lol.

Axxe, You got a bottle of polish vodka for me or what bro!

Sneaky
09-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Don't even start. No one said anything about me being better. It's about you assuming you are something you ain't. Being the baller with the chicks bending over in front of you left right and center to your misrepresented vehicle in your signature. Just cause I say you're over bragging about your entry level e46 does in no way reference my superiority. No one mentioned the vehicle i drive, notice I drive a 1996 Cavalier as well, which is probably not as good a car as the 320. Stop pointing out my so-called superior car and making me look like some superficial jack-ass like yourself. Just cause you value these numbers doesnt mean you can go around making others seem as materialistic and stupid as yourself.

This is like the 5th or 6th time you've shown your superiority complex about owning a 330. Thats why when I look at ur user name you it says 330i 3 times. OH yeah and you dont know anything about me, If i bought a 330 or even an m3, id still be the same person.

p.s. You belong here

Just cause you value these numbers doesnt mean you can go around making others seem as materialistic and stupid as yourself.

Again, you're the one who brings this up in every thread, and you've been called out several times.

Too many retards on this site who have a hard on for me. But i wouldn't expect people without lives to act any different.

You people can continue to get mad on the internet while my 320i gets me bitches LOL.

VSanj
09-12-2007, 05:51 PM
^^OMG.................this guy just doesnt "get it"

Axxe
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
No, he doesn't. And it's funny.

Zook@SCB
09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!

Anyways there is a 1999 996 Black with 64KM for sale on Autotrader for $35k or OBO, Private Sale... jump on it

Redster
09-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Wow..popcorn time :)

Anyway, you cannot compare insurance cost based on the cost of the car. These days insurance companies will look at many other factors before looking at the car you're insuring.

Sure you can buy a $30,000 Honda or a $30,000 Porsche but the insurance will NEVER be the same.

If you're here asking about $30k Porsche then you do care about money and don't have that much to spend; $30k Porsche will be older with high(er) mileage and you should be ready to pay for relatively costly repairs. There's a reason why people who want a car for $30-$50,000 buy a Honda, Toyota etc. and not a used Porsche, MB, BMW..if your budget is limited watch what you buy.

My insurance is $530 a month for two cars (540i & Escalade), so check first!

I have a friend who is in love with Porsche's, he has 6 of them and according to him repairs can cost a lot (especially on older ones), and when he says a lot he means it - he also owns a 360 Modena and a Vanquish.

StikiGreenZ
09-13-2007, 09:14 AM
^^OMG.................this guy just doesnt "get it"

*th-up*

Axxe
09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!

Anyways there is a 1999 996 Black with 64KM for sale on Autotrader for $35k or OBO, Private Sale... jump on it

Are you kidding? Mommy and daddy have to approve it first *wiggle*

Zook@SCB
09-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Are you kidding? Mommy and daddy have to approve it first *wiggle*

again you can see the Maturaity Level of the people on this forum*par-t*

Axxe
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes, we are very mature.

http://blog.dreamhost.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/serious.jpg

Seriously, you haven't read enough of this guy's posts. They are hillarious.

73 Tii
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I have a 911. Maintenance is no more expensive than it was with my E46 M3, both them are great highway cars, there is just something about the rear engined car. Insurance is the same. No baseball cap, not fat, but I am almost 40 and an enthusiast. These cars are finally affordable

StikiGreenZ
09-13-2007, 01:03 PM
again you can see the Maturaity Level of the people on this forum*par-t*

Search Max for this guy's past posts and you'll see where we are coming from.

VSanj
09-13-2007, 02:08 PM
^^x 2 million trillion

jeffrie
09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Rear engine + rear wheel drive = awesome handling in the winter. Galvanized paint = no rust. The perfect winter car, why not enjoy it year round?

I think part of the reason more people don't buy them used too is that they are afraid of the costs of ownership - just like with BMWs. Two things people say when i say i drive a BMW - "wow you must be rich!" "must be expensive to repair".

The average Joe doesn't quite get that its cheaper to drive a better made, better driving, lower depriciating, engineering marvel, over a lesser ride. You enjoy driving it way more, better prestige, and you get your money back when you sell it.

Fortunately not everyone knows this, so we can still exude a bit of prestige when rollin' in our beemas ;) and more so if we make the jump to Porsche.

Well said, too bad close to nobody here can see with their head up so far up their a**es.
FYI a mid 90's GTI cost more to insure then a Porsche 996, Quote from my bro who's proffesion is selling insurance for The Personnel.
Rest is the same as our BMW's except without the rust and more HP.

bmdbley'sBro
09-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Well said, too bad close to nobody here can see with their head up so far up their a**es.
FYI a mid 90's GTI cost more to insure then a Porsche 996, Quote from my bro who's proffesion is selling insurance for The Personnel.
Rest is the same as our BMW's except without the rust and more HP.

^ well said.. i've been contemplating one myself..maybe in a few years..

I hear the older air cooled ones are the 'cheapest' to keep going.

StikiGreenZ
09-13-2007, 04:41 PM
We just got a 2004 Porsche Turbo in from the States, gorgeous car.

Axxe
09-13-2007, 10:10 PM
They are beautiful cars no doubt, but yeah, the OP is a riot.