View Full Version : do i even need an amp?

09-08-2007, 12:49 AM
hey guys, had an amp hooked it up today and it has an internal short so i need to take it back. Question is do i even need an amp? i am using a pioneer DEH-3800MP continuous power 22w per channel 50wx4 cd headunit. For speakers i have factory 5.25 in the front and pioneer 6.5 160watt max 30 watt nominal in the rear. do i need to get another amp or should it be clear enough and loud enough without it? if i just get my cash back i can buy some maintenance stuff , i just want a system that sounds good and has a reasonable amount of power for those rides when i feel like i am 19 again lol.
thanks guys

09-08-2007, 09:08 AM
do you have a sub or anything? If not you can probably just run your speakers off your deck. Won't be as loud as off an amp obviously but should be fine still.

09-08-2007, 07:37 PM
u shud be fine just running them of the deck

02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I agree. Just the deck will do.

02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
^^he has probably already used and blown that system in the time it took you to respond.

02-06-2009, 09:29 PM
lol as you said in previous post
holy bump batman! haha
wish i woulda seen this thread before I would have said an amp does make a very big difference if you have good speakers. I ran my JL VR speakers from my deck which was a top of the line deck ran me almost 500 and the speakers did sound pretty good but then I hooked them up to an amp and it was like night and day they really came alive. It was almost like getting a new pair of speakers

02-07-2009, 12:40 PM
^^he has probably already used and blown that system in the time it took you to respond.

^^^ more than likey....

if you have a quality speakers or a sub, an amp is fore sure a good idea, especially if you have an amp :P

if you have crap stock speakers, dont worry about an amp, makes no sense.

03-14-2009, 01:28 AM
still getting input lol. thanks guys. I installed it without the amp and it sounds pretty good, used it like that last summer. I am going to replace the front speakers this summer and will see how that sounds. Amp will be a consideration though especially since you said it makes a diff in the quality of sound. thanks again guys

04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
75% of blown speakers are the result of being underpowered...