PDA

View Full Version : do i even need an amp?

new2bmw
09-08-2007, 01:49 AM
hey guys, had an amp hooked it up today and it has an internal short so i need to take it back. Question is do i even need an amp? i am using a pioneer DEH-3800MP continuous power 22w per channel 50wx4 cd headunit. For speakers i have factory 5.25 in the front and pioneer 6.5 160watt max 30 watt nominal in the rear. do i need to get another amp or should it be clear enough and loud enough without it? if i just get my cash back i can buy some maintenance stuff , i just want a system that sounds good and has a reasonable amount of power for those rides when i feel like i am 19 again lol.
thanks guys

BMW BMXer
09-08-2007, 10:08 AM
do you have a sub or anything? If not you can probably just run your speakers off your deck. Won't be as loud as off an amp obviously but should be fine still.

vadim321go
09-08-2007, 08:37 PM
u shud be fine just running them of the deck

Randy
02-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I agree. Just the deck will do.

VSanj
02-06-2009, 09:51 PM
^^he has probably already used and blown that system in the time it took you to respond.

HOLY BUMPZORS!

328IScreamer
02-06-2009, 10:29 PM
lol as you said in previous post
holy bump batman! haha
wish i woulda seen this thread before I would have said an amp does make a very big difference if you have good speakers. I ran my JL VR speakers from my deck which was a top of the line deck ran me almost 500 and the speakers did sound pretty good but then I hooked them up to an amp and it was like night and day they really came alive. It was almost like getting a new pair of speakers

craigIS
02-07-2009, 01:40 PM
^^he has probably already used and blown that system in the time it took you to respond.

HOLY BUMPZORS!

^^^ more than likey....

if you have a quality speakers or a sub, an amp is fore sure a good idea, especially if you have an amp :P

if you have crap stock speakers, dont worry about an amp, makes no sense.

new2bmw
03-14-2009, 02:28 AM
still getting input lol. thanks guys. I installed it without the amp and it sounds pretty good, used it like that last summer. I am going to replace the front speakers this summer and will see how that sounds. Amp will be a consideration though especially since you said it makes a diff in the quality of sound. thanks again guys
cheers

kruler
04-03-2009, 03:37 PM
75% of blown speakers are the result of being underpowered...