PDA

View Full Version : 2001 M3 issues..and carfax please....

mellobudd
09-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Anybody here familiar with this car?
http://trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1448886&adid=6354581

what are the things that I need to be careful with when dealing with these
dealerships along finch/steeles areas?...some can be really shady..
what do I need to check esp. with the 2001 models? engine bearing recalls?
subframe issues? would they let me bring the car to a mechanic for inspection?
any help will be greatly appreciated..

can someone carfax it for me please?

vin number: wbsbl93411jr10277

thanks!
Ian

Soldo
09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Ya i believe the 01's had the engine bearing recall's on them. As for ALL the North York dealers.... i've honestly delt with a good 80-90% of them, and they are ALL shady. If you're lookin at buying a car as serious as an M3, do it right. Either buy private, or get it from a dealer since they don't deal with shady cars and have a reputation to take car of so they won't sell you a complete lemon.

Trust me, you might pay a little more, but for something like an M3.... it's worth it in the long run!

mellobudd
09-06-2007, 01:19 AM
thanks soldo, im giving that car a test drive this weekend, just to see how it is...that's the cheapest in the market right now..

I'll let you guys know how good/bad the car is in the next couple of days..

///Milan
09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
cheapest in the market right now..

First mistake.

Ant118
09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Come on man. The cheapest usually mean that they are not that great. Spend a little more and get one with less than 100k. I heard that you notice a real lose in power when the S54 hits the 100k mark. S54 owners chime in please.

mellobudd
09-06-2007, 10:44 AM
First mistake.

test driving it doesn't mean I'm going to buy it

mellobudd
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I know Anthony, that's why Im here asking for your feedbacks....Im just curious about that car's background...I'll be test driving more M's for sure after that...

Come on man. The cheapest usually mean that they are not that great. Spend a little more and get one with less than 100k. I heard that you notice a real lose in power when the S54 hits the 100k mark. S54 owners chime in please.

///Milan
09-06-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm just very skeptical about these cars because you see normal M3s going for 50ish and then you see one for 29. I've been looking at M3s lately for a friend and it's really clear why a good one goes for a premium. Plus that's an 01 which was the first year and as always has all the little bugs in it. If you really want a cheap one your best bet is to buy it privately as the dealers are still demanding a premium for E46 Ms and people are trying to sell there's off privately to try to make more than what they're getting on trade in. If you do go to test drive it though, please do post up what you thought of the car.

E36is
09-06-2007, 12:19 PM
^^ for 29g's and North York used car dealers.. im thinking Katrina flood car bought at auction. hopefully im wrong..

King Luis
09-06-2007, 01:34 PM
beware of subframe issues and make sure the rtab have been replaced. get the car checked out before you buy.
if you hear clunking in the rear that means the rtab need to be replaced.

euroguy
09-06-2007, 01:55 PM
This car was first registered in Quebec. Came to ontario in 2005. If you want the full carfax report pm me.

mellobudd
09-06-2007, 02:08 PM
If you do go to test drive it though, please do post up what you thought of the car.

then just don't read this thread, it's simple.

mellobudd
09-06-2007, 02:09 PM
^^ for 29g's and North York used car dealers.. im thinking Katrina flood car bought at auction. hopefully im wrong..

no, not a U.S car my friend..

mellobudd
09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
beware of subframe issues and make sure the rtab have been replaced. get the car checked out before you buy.
if you hear clunking in the rear that means the rtab need to be replaced.

Thanks King Luis, I appreciate it.

mellobudd
09-06-2007, 02:12 PM
This car was first registered in Quebec. Came to ontario in 2005. If you want the full carfax report pm me.

thanks man, rendered pm'ed one already...thanks mr. rendered.

Razkal
09-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey Ian,

I checked out a few cars at that dealership last month. One was a 330i Silver MSport and it looked much better in the picture than in person. The thing had a beat up interior and dents / rust on the body. I knew about some rust spots on E46s now after doing some reading and his response was 'it will buff right out' lol....

I went to a few of the ones in that area, and I didn't get a good feeling from many of them...

///Milan
09-06-2007, 06:51 PM
then just don't read this thread, it's simple.

Uhh... I said if you drive it to post what you thought of it. Your reply makes no sense.:huh?:

mellobudd
09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Uhh... I said if you drive it to post what you thought of it. Your reply makes no sense.:huh?:

ooopps sorry, my bad...too early getting drunk*drink*

i will, hopefully they wont ask me for a lumpsum deposit..heh..u know these guys.."serious buyers" can only test drive blah blah...

Soldo
09-07-2007, 01:52 AM
STAY AWAY FROM ANY QUEBEC CAR AT A NORTH YORK USED DEALER!

That is all that i have to say about that!

Eurostyle
09-07-2007, 02:02 AM

Ha ha!!! Only 2 possible senarios here; milage rollback or accident repair (even with clean title)...Those are the only reason a car would come out of Quebec and sell cheap...

E36is
09-07-2007, 06:57 AM
^^ +1.. quebec cars are even worse then flood cars.. they're notorious for rollbacks and/or two cars put into one. g/luck!

gnarfy
09-07-2007, 11:10 AM
^^ +1.. quebec cars are even worse then flood cars.. they're notorious for rollbacks and/or two cars put into one. g/luck!

exactly. here you have to take the milleage x 2 to have the real milleage ;-p

I had a 2002 M3 that was not taked care of last year. a real money pit, always broken...

the biggest shit I ever have. sold it after 6 month. E46 M3 cost and arm and a leg to keep in shape if the car wasn't well maintained.

oh, try it correctly. when I first tried my 02, I liked it. after a week or two, I didn't like the "steering" feeling.. just disconected. and for the rear subframe, just go on the highway at 100kmh, open the throttle. mine had the subframe issue, you can hear a rattle in the rear, a "toc toc" when you push the throttle..

another thing, it's normal to have a "cling" sound when you shift. the driveshaft/differential/transmission support and all on bearing, and it do a "backlash" effect. ( I Hate that sound )

mellobudd
09-07-2007, 11:14 AM
^^well put guys! thanks!! STAY AWAY!!! LOL...