PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started, i need some help

JonnyDiamond
09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
first off, i would like to compliment the ammount of info all of you have amasses on this great site. i live in sothern california, and I am looking to buy a new (used) Car. Ive been looking at many bmw's, but being new to buying a bmw i am clueless as to what to ask. Maybe some of you can help me fill in some of the blanks.....

1. how many miles is a 93-96 3 series good for? ive found some with close to 200,000 and some with over 280,000. is this a bad thing? i know for many other cars it is but how does a bmw handle its mileage? what is a good a mount of mileage to look for coming from these model years?

2. im looking to buy newer stock rims once i get the car, any good places to suggest who sell oem rims&tires? ive found one place on ebay "oe wheels", but i wasnt too thrilled with their feedback. and would newer rims fit on a 93-96 3 series. the largest i want are 17".

3. ive ben looking at the angel eye headlight conversion kits, and i am not a mechanical person at all, is there anywhere that sells them pre-made, or even an easy "idiot-proof" kit?

4. if you have any other tips i would be most appreciative to hear them.

please remember i am a noob to buying cars so please dont flame me, yes they might sound like idiot questions, but we all have to learn sometime. i look foward to your help, and hopefully i will be able to obtain a wealth of knowledge from you all and i will be able to purchase a quality car.

thanks for your time and consideration, i look foward to reading your responses. feel free to e mail me @ jonnyd@ikillclowns.com if you have any additional information i forgot to add, thank you

JonnyDiamond
09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
is there also anyone from america, possibly california, that knows anything that can help me..... thanks

JonnyDiamond
09-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Anyone out there have any advice?

dbworld4k
09-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Trying posting/searching on www.bimmerforums.com It's a MUCH bigger resource than even this forum.