PDA

View Full Version : will the city pay for my rims

tig
08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
So i m driving down victoria park last night at about 3am, not speeding at all
when i hit a really bad pothole, it sounded pretty bad but i have hit some pretty bad potholes and my rims held up really well before, anyways i drop my buddy off get home get out of my car and realise that there is about a 4inch piece ripped right off the rim, i have asa ar1s with a bid dish on the back and the the rip on the rim bascially cut into the dish is was so bad, it also ripped my tire which magically somehow still holds air with a huge rip in it. both the rim and the tire are definatly not repairable, the tire has a about an inch rip from the outside and its right on the inner bend of it so it looks like its about to rip right thru any time now, the rim is definatly done, what i wanna kno is how can i get the city to pay for this and how hard is this to do, i think the easier way might be to go through ASA wheels and say that my rim was defective because they do have a 1 year warranty on them and i got them 3months ago, what exactly does this warranty cover? any help or suggestions would greatly be appriacted

BMW BMXer
08-31-2007, 11:30 AM
There has been a few threads about this, one really recent with pictures. Your best bet would be to find that thread starter and PM them.

tig
08-31-2007, 01:07 PM
why cant i find any of these threads, search doesnt work that well on max :(

E36is
08-31-2007, 01:14 PM
^^ g/luck with the city.. my friend had his rim bent and he asked the city to pay for them back in 2005.. he's still waiting for payment, and he has called them every week to remind them.

Darkness95m3
08-31-2007, 01:28 PM
They will pay for them just it does take a few years.
HOwever keep charging them interest and your time.

Boots R
08-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes they will. Document EVERYTHING. Take pictures. Close and far away from the pot hole. Show that there were no warning signs. Measure the depth of the pothole. Measure the damage of the rim.

Details are key here.

tig
08-31-2007, 02:27 PM
what about going through the rim company becuase they do come with a one year warranty not sure exactly what it covers tho

Boots R
08-31-2007, 02:33 PM
I think their warranty would cover manufacturing defects. It's worth a shot though.

tig
08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
I think their warranty would cover manufacturing defects. It's worth a shot though.

ya i m gonna go buy the rim store where i got them from and see what they say, maybe if i say the rim had started to crack from before or something

jameswbl
08-31-2007, 03:15 PM
the city snow plow plowwed my car in my driveway...crapped some paint offand dented the rear panel

still waiting for payment...i have witness, well documented and pics to prove its their fault

they keep telling me its the contractors fault but they couldnt find the driver responsible...and its a sidewalk snow plow and I cant claim it thru their auto insurance...

i am too broke to take it to court...crappy service and ith the recent tax hike...I am thinking about moving out of this hell hole called Toronto...

BMW03
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
good luck and I hope you can get some money from the city, because that is just bull shit.

BMW03
08-31-2007, 04:53 PM
hey can you post pics too, from the sounds of it, it seems like it isn't that bad becasue you have a tear and it still has air? Just wondering.

denisemichel
08-31-2007, 10:08 PM
wow that sucks bro, i hate potholes:mad:

tig
09-01-2007, 11:32 AM
ya i ll post up some pics as soon as i get a chance, tonite or tomorw

BimmerboyPH
09-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Keep at them. Keep calling them to find out whats going to be done, also i would take it to the press, send in a letter about how bad the roads are. If the city starts taking there sweet time paying up write another letter to the papers about the cities pathetic service and w/e towards your situation. Also, I would threaten to take them to court.

tig
09-19-2007, 07:20 PM
heres the pics finally got them up, now i jsut gotta figure out what how do go about this with the city, if anyone has done this before and can give me some advice i would really appriciate it, thats to everyone that has already been helpful

carscoe
09-19-2007, 07:26 PM
thats a pretty decent sized pothole..lol..tommorow i'll take a pic of one of the ones in windsor..id say its about the size of a manhole...and about half-foot deep.

mirek
09-19-2007, 07:27 PM
I've done it, I got half of what I was asking, and it took a long time. Still better than nothing.

tig
09-19-2007, 07:29 PM
lol well too bad i havent seen any that big in toronto cuz if i did i would just take a pic of that and tell the city i drove into that it would be easier to get my money from the city

Soldo
09-19-2007, 07:32 PM
That pothole looks tiny compared to the damage on the rim. I hope you get your cash!

tig
09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
ya its just really deep and caught the rim on a bad angle

tig
09-19-2007, 08:41 PM
the pothole does look small tho i m a little worried the city might think i m making this up, even tho i am not, if anyone knows of a large pothole in toronto let me know i ll just say i drove into that

tig
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
the pothole does look small tho i m a little worried the city might think i m making this up, even tho i am not, if anyone knows of a large pothole in toronto let me know i ll just say i drove into that lol

tig
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
the pothole does look small tho i m a little worried the city might think i m making this up, even tho i am not, if anyone knows of a large pothole in toronto let me know i ll just say i drove into that lol

Miguel
09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I just submitted a claim. They responded that since it was due to roadwork by a contractor, the contractor is liable... not them. It's small claims court time!

europrince
09-20-2007, 10:59 AM
good luck buddy. sometimes its just best to bite the bullet. its a few hundred bucks, the same as if a buddy dings your car door in a parking lot. its certainly not worth my time arguing with the city for three years. perhaps you can take it to come consumer file in the news and see what they can do.

carscoe
09-20-2007, 01:53 PM
try driving through this...i have to go around it every morning after gettin my coffee...its been there for like a year at least..

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2814/sep200001qg3.jpg

and yea..the roads in shit shape there too..

Arash
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't feel like posting it again, there's some info here:

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89886&page=2