PDA

View Full Version : Turbo E46 M3 has begun!!!

Sickbimmer
08-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, the car FINALLY made it to HorsePowerFreaks in Portland. The installation of thier turbo kit will begin today. Here's a little sample that was posted of E46fanatics.
Will keep you guys updated, I hope to have the car back for Bimmercruise(Slight chance though).

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=501468

The car in the video sounds good to.*th-up*

Quack
08-30-2007, 06:50 PM
ohhhhh I can't wait

denisemichel
08-30-2007, 06:58 PM
its gonna be CrazY!

Understated
08-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Will your car have that V8-like rumble after the turbo install? Or is that just from that exhaust they have installed on that customer's m3?

Gamite
08-30-2007, 08:08 PM
sorry fab:

We will have this car running on the HPF750 turbo kit in a couple weeks.

Quack
08-30-2007, 08:10 PM
shhhhhhhhh stop breaking Fab's heart

Gamite
08-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't want him to get his hopes up.

Sickbimmer
08-30-2007, 09:13 PM
They said they were going to work on my car first. I told them about "Canada's biggest BMW show" on Sept 9th. They said 2 weeks not to upset the guys infront of me*rockout* We'll see. I don't what to rush them.

JMW
08-30-2007, 10:03 PM
hot

1BADBMR
08-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Thats gonna be a sick set-up. Are you planning on running race fuel aswell?

Jim .E.
08-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Fab 2 words: ****IN SICK!

Boots R
08-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Congrats man. Cannot wait to see it back in T Dot.*th-up*

Good to see you found a company that could ship it out for you. I hope they didn't bend you over on the rate. *sad*

Sickbimmer
08-31-2007, 06:28 AM
Congrats man. Cannot wait to see it back in T Dot.*th-up*

Good to see you found a company that could ship it out for you. I hope they didn't bend you over on the rate. *sad*
Oh, I got bent. But HPF made it worth it.

SickFinga
08-31-2007, 11:39 AM
so all those 600whp HPF cars were dynoed on race gas?
I'm sorry Fabio, but 415whp isnt that impressive. Didnt you put down more with your SC?

bmdbley'sBro
08-31-2007, 11:40 AM
nice shop, nice cars

NOTORIOUS VR
08-31-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry Fabio, but 415whp isnt that impressive. Didnt you put down more with your SC?

I don't understand what you're expecting from a high CR motor w/ stock internals... on 91 octane 415whp is pretty good IMO.

I don't think a S/C setup will make any more then that.

propr'one
08-31-2007, 05:42 PM
who cares? just use race gas. i'm pretty sure fab can afford it.

SickFinga
08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't understand what you're expecting from a high CR motor w/ stock internals... on 91 octane 415whp is pretty good IMO.

I don't think a S/C setup will make any more then that.

If I remember correctly Fab's car dynoed at 440rwhp on pump gas with his SC. I might be wrong though.

For 16k i definitely expected more than 415whp.

T.Dot_E30
08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
If I remember correctly Fab's car dynoed at 440rwhp on pump gas with his SC. I might be wrong though.

For 16k i definitely expected more than 415whp.

It's capable of alot more obviously, its 415whp @5psi. If the supercharger did make more, im sure it was building more than 5psi.

Wouldn't you perfer a few less hp over reliability? hahah or is reliability not a concern of yours? since your m3 hasn't exactly been that reliable since the SC.

A littel tuning and im sure he can make more power with a few more psi, but again its a stock motor, don't want it to go kaboom yet.

Sickbimmer
08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
My car will have more like 450rwhp. The race gas setting will be around 600. I don't want to push my luck just yet. Stage 2 will have Meth injection and the pump #'s will be alot higher. Till then, I guess I'll have to settle for "only" 450 pump and 600 race settings.

BTW the car won't be ready for BC. I'm missing alot of stock parts that HPF has to get for me. But as soon as it's here, you guys better come to one of the meets.

Jim .E.
09-01-2007, 09:18 AM
video of that 1000hp EVO at the shop if anyones interested:

http://honda-portal.com/honda-videos.php?video_id=331

BigD
09-01-2007, 10:21 AM
video of that 1000hp EVO at the shop if anyones interested:

http://honda-portal.com/honda-videos.php?video_id=331

I was just gonna point that out... they shouldn't have mentioned that car as it's hard to get excited about these M3s when a car with 40% less displacement makes 60% more power, through an AWD drivetrain no less.

Sickbimmer
09-01-2007, 11:32 AM
I was just gonna point that out... they shouldn't have mentioned that car as it's hard to get excited about these M3s when a car with 40% less displacement makes 60% more power, through an AWD drivetrain no less.
Yes but one has a fully built motor and the other is completely stock. One is track only(evo has no exhaust) and the other is...... well not street legal(M3 has no cats)*angel*
I don't even have the car yet and I want stage 2! I have issues:(

BigD
09-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes but one has a fully built motor and the other is completely stock. One is track only(evo has no exhaust) and the other is...... well not street legal(M3 has no cats)*angel*
I don't even have the car yet and I want stage 2! I have issues:(

Ok I can't contain it anymore... can someone finally explain to me why these engines can't put down big numbers? I've seen 1000hp out of the S62, and 1100hp out of an S38 that was mutated to hell and back. But why is it that people can get 800+hp out of a 3 liter Toyota engine on stock internals? What is so special about those engines and why can't people put down the same claims with BMWs without working on the motor from the ground up - at which point the japs can dyno a 2 liter at 1000 as we just saw, or 2.5 liter at 1200hp etc...

Sickbimmer
09-01-2007, 12:06 PM
AA did a turbo e46 m3 with internals that dynoed 830ish rwhp but cost over $50 large. Lots of 325 turbos are running over 600rwhp. But all these engines are low compression motors. HPF did extract 667rwhp from a stock e46 m3? Not to bad, but they did have to use race fuel.

Sickbimmer
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM
BTW, I was talking to a skyline owner and he told me that to get over 500rwhp on that car(r32) that it would cost him about $30,000. And that car is known for it's ability for adding cheap power.

BigD
09-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Wow... what did the 30k involve?

Sickbimmer
09-01-2007, 01:58 PM
He said rods, pistons sleeves and so on.

SickFinga
09-01-2007, 04:05 PM
It's capable of alot more obviously, its 415whp @5psi. If the supercharger did make more, im sure it was building more than 5psi.

obviously?? why is it obvious?

Wouldn't you perfer a few less hp over reliability? hahah or is reliability not a concern of yours? since your m3 hasn't exactly been that reliable since the SC.

If I remember correctly Fab's car made around 440whp while it was supercharged. Let me add, it was an AA sc, meaning RELIABLE.
I was under impression that HPF turbo would make much more HP on street gas.
Anyway, we'll see when Fab is done.

SickFinga
09-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok I can't contain it anymore... can someone finally explain to me why these engines can't put down big numbers? I've seen 1000hp out of the S62, and 1100hp out of an S38 that was mutated to hell and back. But why is it that people can get 800+hp out of a 3 liter Toyota engine on stock internals? What is so special about those engines and why can't people put down the same claims with BMWs without working on the motor from the ground up - at which point the japs can dyno a 2 liter at 1000 as we just saw, or 2.5 liter at 1200hp etc...

card counter's 328 from bf.c made 690whp on completely stock internals, but it was also on race gas.

Anyway, I really think it all comes down to R&D. Japanese market is much more tuner friendly. I mean just think about it, there is only a handful of tuners for BMW out there, and a couple that use FI. The thing is, would you wanna drive a 1000whp 2.0l car? It is impressive though.

BigD
09-01-2007, 04:17 PM
He said rods, pistons sleeves and so on.

Out of a titanium and platinum alloy?

BigD
09-01-2007, 04:44 PM
card counter's 328 from bf.c made 690whp on completely stock internals, but it was also on race gas.

Anyway, I really think it all comes down to R&D. Japanese market is much more tuner friendly. I mean just think about it, there is only a handful of tuners for BMW out there, and a couple that use FI. The thing is, would you wanna drive a 1000whp 2.0l car? It is impressive though.

No for sure, I'm not inferring anything about the practicality or hell even repeatability of any of these numbers - I've heard that the 1200hp RB25s is a one shot deal. And I'm not sure I agree about the R&D market. Is the Japanese tuner R&D that much stronger than that in Europe. **** the US, all they know how to do is to slap a big supercharger on a pushrod V8. But in Europe, especially the more affluent countries like Germany, are there really fewer tuners there? I mean in Germany, BMW, Audi and Benz etc is like Nissan and Toyota to Japan or Chevy and Dodge is to the Yanks. We've all seen the VS Motor guys with their 1100 hp 3.8 M5...

But unlike the 1100 hp M5, as a result of the 1200hp Skylines and Supras, the recipe for a 600 rwhp pump gas 15 year old 3.0 Supra is relatively straightforward. Why is it that 600 rwhp out of a 3.3 super duper 2000+ M3 is such a spectacular event?

Are there videos of E46 M3s that can go like this on a stock motor and an upgraded turbo (in the Supra's case):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aal9kG-EXeY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aal9kG-EXeY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFjpJpTcErU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFjpJpTcErU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SickFinga
09-01-2007, 05:09 PM
And I'm not sure I agree about the R&D market. Is the Japanese tuner R&D that much stronger than that in Europe.

I believe it is. But it's only stronger because of the bigger market for cars like this. If you look at the most powerful BMW's, they are usually from Scandinavian countries and from USA.

**** the US, all they know how to do is to slap a big supercharger on a pushrod V8.

At least they are drivable.

But in Europe, especially the more affluent countries like Germany, are there really fewer tuners there? I mean in Germany, BMW, Audi and Benz etc is like Nissan and Toyota to Japan or Chevy and Dodge is to the Yanks.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

We've all seen the VS Motor guys with their 1100 hp 3.8 M5...

We've seen it, but ICS's 1000whp m3 is more impressive, at least it looks like a BMW engine.

But unlike the 1100 hp M5, as a result of the 1200hp Skylines and Supras, the recipe for a 600 rwhp pump gas 15 year old 3.0 Supra is relatively straightforward.

Is there? Right now I dont know anymore, not everyone mentions race gas.

Why is it that 600 rwhp out of a 3.3 super duper 2000+ M3 is such a spectacular event?

Because it's a first, because S54 and supra engines are completely different engines.
One was made to be NA, and not just any NA, but 100hp/l high revving, high CR NA.
Another one was built to be turbocharged from the beginning.

Still not impressed with all this race gas BS.

Sickbimmer
09-01-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't see the problem with race gas. You can drive around town with the pump gas setting on and when you want to go crazy, put in the race fuel and hit the switch and bam! 600rwhp. You can't do that with a S/Cer. Not to mention the TQ #'s from the turbo. Peak hp # aren't everything.

I'll race the guy who bought my S/Cer. He upgraded to a AA stage 3. He put down 440rwhp without the W/A activated. Even though it's a cab M3 I "should pull him pretty good with the TQ increase.

Furious
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
BigD , these cars do make some pretty decent power. there are quite a lot of BMW's hitting the 1000hp mark. Fabs car is capable of so much more, but he would have to crack the engine to lower the compression. there is a guy who make 1000hp on an e46 M3 recently using a fully custom AA kit and some minor internal work. so the potential is there, the money is pretty steep though.

Jon@Bimmersport
09-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Congrats fab, this car is going to be even better than before!

330DTM
09-02-2007, 08:55 PM
If I remember correctly, the HPF rep mentioned that the turbo they used for this setup is already close to maxing out efficency wise. So if this is true, then using a slightly larger turbo will increase it's efficiency and more room for to increase power.

It's like when AA Turbo Stage I Gen III came out, it was using a TD06-20G (I think) and later stage II had an upgrade with the T60-1 compressor wheel. With this setup, they put around anywhere from 350whp-500whp. Now a days, some of the 600whp+ E36 M3 guys are using the GT35R, GT40R, PT76, etc. They're more efficient, have better boost response as they're dual ball bearing, and more potential to run a higher HP setup.

greco
09-04-2007, 01:50 PM
how much does the hpf kit cost?*angel*

Sickbimmer
09-04-2007, 05:41 PM
how much does the hpf kit cost?*angel*

$16,800usd for the kit and the clutch. You have to pay to play*sad*
If anyone is interested let me know and I'll try to hook you up.

kerisabe
09-05-2007, 01:10 AM
So any updates Fab? Is the 1st Canadian HPF750 gonna make it to Bimmercruise '07?

Sickbimmer
09-05-2007, 05:27 PM
So any updates Fab? Is the 1st Canadian HPF750 gonna make it to Bimmercruise '07?

Unfortunately not. When the shop took my AA S/Cer off, they simply put all my parts on the other car and gave him his spares. Now I'm left with about 10 or so missing parts to find before the install.:mad: I really don't want to spend and extra $3/400 if I don't have to.
The guy who bought the kit said he's going to give me the parts. Now it's just a matter of getting them and sending it to HPF. HPF is going to give my the first all chrome piping and manifold set up. So it should look good at the shows and meets.

I'll keep you guys posted if I hear more.

Sickbimmer
09-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Here's what is going to be installed these next couple of weeks:

Blue Neon underglo kit - lol!
Plug-n-play piggy-back engine management system
Six Drop-in 750cc "high impedance" injectors (no fuel rail mods required)
Auxiliary fuel pump w/filter that turns on at 3psi w/electronic connector
Ceramic coated 2-Piece (CNC'd flange) exhaust manifold
Precision T67 turbo w/.81 AR
Tial 44mm V-band wastegate w/reroute
Stainless steel downpipe
Powdercoated Intake manifold designed for both dry and wet flow
Intake manifold couplers w/clamps
Twin HKS blow off valves
Polished or Anodized (4" x 24" core) bar & plate intercooler
Powdercoated aluminum intercooler piping
Powdercoated aluminum intake piping
4 ply silicon couplers
T-bolt intercooler clamps
KN intake filter with clamp
Steering column mounted dual pod
AEM UEGO wide-band gauge
AEM boost gauge
Race fuel switch w/LED
Knock siren
Six Denso Iridium Spark plugs
Harnesses for fuel pump and oil pump assemblies
Harnesses for gauges, race fuel switch, LED and knock siren
Oil pump with mounting bracket and electronic connector
One piece oil pump feed and return lines
One piece turbo oil feed and one piece head to pan oil line
Multiple vacuum lines w/quick disconnects
AEM 3.5bar map sensor
Boost control solenoid
Intake air temp sensor
Engine bay brackets
Gaskets, bolts, studs, nuts, washers
Fittings and block-off plates
HPF M3 Ceramic Stage 1 clutch.
Fuzzy Dice

I hope the weather is still good mid September.*sad*

Seven
09-06-2007, 02:11 PM
^ wow.

I like how the neon kit is listed first. :) ... How much power does that add?? ;)

Jim .E.
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Here's what is going to be installed these next couple of weeks:

Blue Neon underglo kit
Plug-n-play stand alone engine management system
Six Drop-in 750cc "high impedance" injectors (no fuel rail mods required)
Auxiliary fuel pump w/filter that turns on at 3psi w/electronic connector
Ceramic coated 2-Piece CNC'd exhaust manifold
Precision T67 turbo w/.81 AR
Tial 44mm V-band wastegate w/reroute
Stainless steel downpipe
Powdercoated Intake manifold designed for both dry and wet flow
Intake manifold couplers w/clamps
Twin HKS blow off valves
Polished or Anodized (4" x 24" core) bar-n-play intercooler
Powdercoated aluminum intercooler piping
Powdercoated aluminum intake piping
4 ply silicon couplers
T-bolt intercooler clamps
KN intake filter with clamp
Steering column mounted dual pod
AEM UEGO wide-band gauge
AEM boost gauge
Race fuel switch w/LED
Knock siren
Six Denso Irridium Spark plugs
Harnesses for fuel pump and oil pump assemblies
Harnesses for gauges, race fuel switch, LED and knock siren
Oil pump with mounting bracket and electronic connector
One piece oil pump feed and return lines
One piece turbo oil feed and one piece head to pan oil line
Multiple vacuum lines w/quick disconnects
AEM 3.5bar map sensor
Boost control solenoid
Intake air temp sensor
Engine bay brackets
Gaskets, bolts, studs, nuts, washers
Fittings and block off plates
HPF M3 Feramic Stage 1 clutch.
Fuzzy Dice

I hope the weather is still good mid September.*sad*

looks like a nice list of toys *th-up*

but why the Blue Neon underglo kit? for show use?

EMPOWERD
09-06-2007, 11:50 PM
why the Blue Neon underglo kit? for show use?

:D *wave*

Jim .E.
09-07-2007, 12:24 AM

lol randy from ur reply i seriously hope its not for a la civic style driving down hwy 7 in woodbridge with a gangsta lean and 8" tach in the window

Blades
09-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I don't see the problem with race gas. You can drive around town with the pump gas setting on and when you want to go crazy, put in the race fuel and hit the switch and bam! 600rwhp. You can't do that with a S/Cer. Not to mention the TQ #'s from the turbo. Peak hp # aren't everything.

I'll race the guy who bought my S/Cer. He upgraded to a AA stage 3. He put down 440rwhp without the W/A activated. Even though it's a cab M3 I "should pull him pretty good with the TQ increase.

hmm .. what if you dont..

Sickbimmer
09-07-2007, 07:27 AM

You bastard, When did you add the "neon kit":D
Don't forget to add my lambo door converion and monster tach with shift light*uzi*

Sickbimmer
09-07-2007, 07:29 AM
hmm .. what if you dont..

Then I flick the switch and put bus lengths on him*rockout*

Here's what I mean.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QAe9B6cIuGA

Seven
09-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Sweet vid! Is that guy sure there is a VF S/C under the hood of the vert though? It didn't seem all that impressive against the stock M3, seems to take forever to kick in. ... The turbo car is SICK though! Crazy. Let's set up some similar runs when you get your car back, I'm thinkin' HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 vs. Procede 335i vs. VF S/C E36 M3 :D ... I'll be the camera car. ;):)

EMPOWERD
09-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Don't forget to add my lambo door converion and monster tach with shift light*uzi*

Guess you didn't see the (iconic) Italian Fuzzy Dice mod at the bottom?? :moon:

Chris de la Cruz
09-07-2007, 11:58 AM

those car show bastards are getting to you eh fab? :D

Sickbimmer
09-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Guess you didn't see the (iconic) Italian Fuzzy Dice mod at the bottom?? :moon:

What YOU don't know is that the dice are K&N fuzzy dice. Dyno proven 69 rwhp.*shiner*

gnarfy
09-13-2007, 10:50 AM
We will need to do a race, I should received my Technique Tuning Stage 2 turbo kit in a week or two, for my E36 M3 ;-)

Hamann330ci
09-13-2007, 01:10 PM
let me know boys i'll play

Seven
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Is it back yet??? More info! Pics! Sound clips! ... do I ask for too much?? ;)

tlaselva
09-13-2007, 04:48 PM
We will need to do a race, I should received my Technique Tuning Stage 2 turbo kit in a week or two, for my E36 M3 ;-)

Just so long that I can also join in on the fun with my Proceed'd 135i in the spring. :cool:

Good luck Fab, it's a real exersize in patience waiting for your car to get done.

Sickbimmer
09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm sure you know how that feels. Hows the Vette coming along?

Boots R
09-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Awww look at that. Fab got a 10 out of 10 on their website.

Even though it didn't make bimmercruise, at least you won a perfect score on their website. :)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1880/fabhz5.jpg

Sickbimmer
09-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Here's the latest update guys. The just got back their first polished manifold for me. The car should be ready by next week some time.

Click here for some more pics of the manifold. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830022

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/miscellaneous/m3turbokit/intakemanifoldhksbov/PolishedManifold3.jpg
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/miscellaneous/m3turbokit/intakemanifoldhksbov/PolishedManifold1.jpg
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/miscellaneous/m3turbokit/intakemanifoldhksbov/PolishedManifold2.jpg

Blades
09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
hmm .. odd place to put the BOV.

Boots R
09-14-2007, 08:46 PM
hmm .. odd place to put the BOV.

Quite smart actually. Less backflow of air when the throttle bodies slam shut.

Sickbimmer
09-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Don't forget the second one located behind the fog light, Mounted just above the turbo.

Blades
09-15-2007, 10:55 AM
its going to sound so sweet!!! BOV FTW

Jon@Bimmersport
09-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Sweet vid! Is that guy sure there is a VF S/C under the hood of the vert though? It didn't seem all that impressive against the stock M3, seems to take forever to kick in. ... The turbo car is SICK though! Crazy. Let's set up some similar runs when you get your car back, I'm thinkin' HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 vs. Procede 335i vs. VF S/C E36 M3 :D ... I'll be the camera car. ;):)

forget the vf s/c e36 m3...lol, how bout a GT35R 332is? Next summer is going to be so much fun! *uzi*

boots is right, its a good place to release the extra pressure..

Jim .E.
09-15-2007, 06:59 PM
fab progress looks good, however why 2 BOV's?

AceOfSpades
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
fab progress looks good, however why 2 BOV's?

2 much pressure maybe?

thats gonna be a siiiick siiiiick M3*rockout* *rockout*

hybrid
09-17-2007, 01:48 AM

errr .. 415Whp has far more torque down low than a 500whp+ centrifugal supercharger. (IE more powerful) SC's only display their top HP figures at the highest of RPM

Either way ... that car wont be slow with the HPF kit.

SickFinga
09-17-2007, 02:58 PM
errr .. 415Whp has far more torque down low than a 500whp+ centrifugal supercharger. (IE more powerful) SC's only display their top HP figures at the highest of RPM

Either way ... that car wont be slow with the HPF kit.

Well, according to HPF, turbo m3 put down 317 wheel torque, according to this
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1880/fabhz5.jpg
Fabio had 330 wheel torque. (though I'm very surprised about this as well)

and yes, I know very well about CF SC power delivery.

Sickbimmer
09-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Just to let you guys know, The AA kit was at 7.5psi while the HPF low boost setting is at 5.5psi. Thats why the #'s are low. It's the 450lbs of TQ on race gas mode is what I'm more interested in.
Either way, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Quack
09-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I called shotgun:D

hybrid
09-17-2007, 10:34 PM
sweet :)

just see it time and time again on state side forums where people get all confused about superchargers and turbos when at the end of the day you can have a 300whp N/A car that can own a 500whp S/C or Turbo car.

This is why im retaining vanos on my s50b32 turbo project. Sure ill have around 815bhp but realistically most of the drivabilty down is down low and where alot of gains are made.

The HPF kit looks really really good and in my mind has all the right values to being a nice first introduction into F/I while keeping N/A charactistics down low. (high compression is kept)

Its just anoouying sometimes seeing people say "Kit X" has more hp that "Kit Z" when at the end of the day its torque and power to weight/delivery that wins.

peas. :D

SickFinga
09-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Just to let you guys know, The AA kit was at 7.5psi while the HPF low boost setting is at 5.5psi. Thats why the #'s are low. It's the 450lbs of TQ on race gas mode is what I'm more interested in.
Either way, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

The thing is, turbos are more efficient than SC. Meaning turbo can push more air at less boost.

sweet :)

just see it time and time again on state side forums where people get all confused about superchargers and turbos when at the end of the day you can have a 300whp N/A car that can own a 500whp S/C or Turbo car.

for half a second, maybe

Its just anoouying sometimes seeing people say "Kit X" has more hp that "Kit Z" when at the end of the day its torque and power to weight/delivery that wins.

peas. :D

I'm not saying AA SC is better than HPF kit, what I'm saying is that installing AA kit, then removing it after a year to install a 16k kit just so you can have the same hp 3k rpm's earlier is just not worth it.

Also if I remember correctly when HPF was still in beta stages of building the kit, they posted on forums that they were expecting ~500whp on pump gas.

P.S. Fab, I'm speaking for all max members, we don't want to see on you pump gas :P *wave*

hybrid
09-18-2007, 05:08 AM
for half a second, maybe

heheh you would be suprised. We have a 550whp 2002 Turbo down here in NZ and a DTM Group A 2.5ltr '88 m3 with 300whp The two dice it round the tracks here pretty much even. Again its common misconception.

Sorry I wont push the point any more .. I've gone quite off topic :)

SuperM3 .. Think you have inspired me to possibly sell the 330 and grab an m3 and do a HPF kit.

SickFinga
09-18-2007, 10:51 AM
heheh you would be suprised. We have a 550whp 2002 Turbo down here in NZ and a DTM Group A 2.5ltr '88 m3 with 300whp The two dice it round the tracks here pretty much even. Again its common misconception.

On a track? I'm not surprised, I thought we were talking about a drag race/highway pull here.

hybrid
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
On a track? I'm not surprised, I thought we were talking about a drag race/highway pull here.

ahh ... We have twisties here not straight long roads ... The highway pull thing aint really big around the rest of the world. Cool, different strokes for diffferent folks.

SickFinga
09-18-2007, 11:53 PM
ahh ... We have twisties here not straight long roads ... The highway pull thing aint really big around the rest of the world. Cool, different strokes for diffferent folks.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JMW
09-20-2007, 08:20 PM
forget the vf s/c e36 m3...lol, how bout a GT35R 332is? Next summer is going to be so much fun! *uzi*

boots is right, its a good place to release the extra pressure..

ure right..a stock vf engineered stage one m3 is shit..

i cant wait till winter..

and fab..congrates, looks good...its gunna fly

Jon@Bimmersport
09-21-2007, 02:12 AM
ure right..a stock vf engineered stage one m3 is shit..

i cant wait till winter..

and fab..congrates, looks good...its gunna fly

its not shit, im just saying what i got in mind for my car is going to be good competition.

PedroBMW
09-22-2007, 11:30 PM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835385

Jim .E.
09-23-2007, 12:25 AM
this looks very nice,is this a m3 from europe? because the tag was in km

I dunno why but I laughed for quite a bit after reading that. In any case, I hope to never run into you when I'm in your neck of the woods. I'd probably get into an accident drooling over it and not paying attention to the road :D.

SickFinga
09-23-2007, 12:32 AM
Damn Fabio, your car looks and sounds ****ing awesome in that video.

Blades
09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
So how you liking the car fab .. did you get it back yet?

Sickbimmer
09-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Maybe by the weekend. I have to go to Buffalo to pick it up.

gnarfy
09-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I have seen this video ! nice !! can you run higher boost or if you need other modification ?

I am sure it can do better then 420whp with quality kit like this..

Boots R
09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I am sure it can do better then 420whp with quality kit like this..

I guess you didn't finish watching it?

gnarfy
09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I guess you didn't finish watching it?

417WHP@6PSI, 91 Octane
607WHP@13PS, 110 Octane

that is what I mean.. on 91 octane, maybe they tune it to be really safe, but I was sure it could make a 500WHP on street fuel.. maybe they need to lower the compression more...

but nice number !

PedroBMW
09-26-2007, 07:10 PM
417WHP@6PSI, 91 Octane
607WHP@13PS, 110 Octane

that is what I mean.. on 91 octane, maybe they tune it to be really safe, but I was sure it could make a 500WHP on street fuel.. maybe they need to lower the compression more...

but nice number !

dude its internally stock which means 11.5:1 compression, I wouldn't want to go much closer to the ragged edge than that on 91 shit'ane. Your not talking about a Supra with factory low compression here. A built low compression s54 would make stupid power.

EMPOWERD
10-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I got a chance to drive Fab's car, for those wondering what it's like to drive a turbo E46 M3, I wrote a small review thread here. (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96584)

gnarfy
10-19-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJzFGGkVfj0

NICE !