PDA

View Full Version : vandalism downtown

Shamis
08-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey

Really close to getting the z4, got a sick insurance quote today for it.

I park when I'm at work in an open green P parking lot. should I be worried about vandalism or someone messing with the soft top?

I hear those are expensive to replace

e46silver
08-27-2007, 09:41 PM
If you love the car, then buy it... If you worry about vandalism, then get a beater 'cause the repair would be cheap.. that's my 0.02 cents today. :)

dbworld4k
08-27-2007, 10:20 PM
There are plenty of "baller" cars parked outdoors in downtown, so if that worries you, stick with e46silver's advice :)

kerisabe
08-27-2007, 10:22 PM
nobody's gonna mess with your z4. No worries. The only thing u need to worry is people hitting your car while your car's parked. Had a few incidents too many in downtown :(

Shamis
08-27-2007, 10:26 PM
lol, true...

golden
08-27-2007, 11:29 PM
yea, don't worry about it too much

Green P everyday though.. that'll get pricey

Mr seville
08-27-2007, 11:41 PM
shamis..lol thats awesome he's back

Boots R
08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
If you park there now, scope out the kinds of cars that you park with.

GENERALLY speaking, if someone drives a car that isn't well maintained, they won't care what happens to it or someone elses car.

If it's an expensive car, then people will tend to watch out for their car and hitting cars around them.

It's a general rule, there are always exceptions to it.

europrince
08-28-2007, 01:19 AM
you can't live life being afraid. downtown is full of nice cars. people are too protective of their cars to ding yours with their doors. as far as vandalism goes, yea it does happen, but with all due respect, there are many nicer cars downtown than a z4. if a jealous shit desturber wants to do in a car, he'll do a porsche or maserati or something. chill, get your car and enjoy it. cheers.

Romaz
08-28-2007, 04:15 AM
I get worries like that with my car every now and then, but mainly when I piss somebody off. The worst thing that happened to my bimmer downtown so far was stolen valve caps. The worst thing that happened to my bimmer on my driveway was some a$$hole(s) how took a blow torch and cut holes in my headlights just to steal my zenon rings. From then on I always started parking in my garage. Hey you could always get a motion detector/alarm :)

europrince
08-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey you could always get a motion detector/alarm :)
it might work at home but what would that do downtown when you're at work? it might grab someone's attention...maybe. when is the last time you actually paid attention to a car alarm in a mall parking lot or something and went to check it out? people ignore car alarms.

Romaz
08-28-2007, 07:31 PM
to each his own, I think an alarm would be better then nothing in my opinion.