PDA

View Full Version : My car wont start what can it be???

PinkieMoscow
08-25-2007, 02:19 PM
hey homeboys i've got a 1990 e30, its been sitting in my garage for about 4 months while i worked on it. One day when i went to start it up little to my surprise it didnt start:eek: it doesnt even go in to the whole kicken in stage.:( I mean i've got battery juice, and the car started perfectly 4 months ago :confused:..wtf mates what do i do. please help me out. thanks alot

Regards,

Val I.

Quack
08-25-2007, 02:24 PM
how do you know you battery is good? did you check it, if it has been sitting for 4 months the battery is most likely dead or dying.

PinkieMoscow
08-25-2007, 02:40 PM
hmmm good point... ill go and try to jump start it now hopefully it just needs more juice.

LADY_SAUBER
08-25-2007, 09:01 PM
i agree with quack.. if by no sign of the "kicking in stage" (i suppose you're referring to key in-engine off, when the dash lights illuminate/ radio turns on/ and so fourth etc.), then i dont know what makes you so sure that the battery's still got power.

the thing with sulphuric acid is that it's quite prone to evaporation, especially if it's just sitting in a car for 4 months. you'd probably be better off replacing it, as to prevent putting too much of a strain on the alternator

ZHP_Bimmer05
08-29-2007, 11:07 PM
starter?

dtthiaga
08-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Don't really jump start the car; it is bad for the alternator. If it has been sitting, so get a battery charger from CanadianTire and charge the battery up for a 24 hour period at the 2 amp/12volt setting.

Then, try starting the car. If it's your starter, you would most likely hear a clicking noise.

El Gato Liso
08-29-2007, 11:30 PM
its your battery
bring it to canadian tire and let them test it, let them refill it with deionized water and let them test again....and yes this is free you will not be charged

but yea its certainly your batter!!!!

edwards
08-30-2007, 12:33 AM
how do you know you battery is good? did you check it, if it has been sitting for 4 months the battery is most likely dead or dying.

yeah..it happened to me with my BMW that I didn't used for almost 3 months... My mechanic advise me that even if I don't use it, I still have to start trice a week..to make sure that the battery won't be dying. :rolleyes: