PDA

View Full Version : z4 in winter

Shamis
08-25-2007, 01:24 PM
right now im looking at a 3 or z4 and the z4 is bout 200 cheaper a month due to insurance and lease prices.

I testdrove the z4 and I instantly fell in love.

Only think that has stopped me is my fear of winter and ability to use it as a daily driver over the next 3 years (and then buy out the lease and stick it in my garage for the rest of my life and keep that baby for years but not use it as a daily driver)

How are yours guys z4s in the winter with some good winter tires. Everybody says sandbags and winter tires should be ok but I drive down don mills, then the dvp, then the gardiner everyday for work. How will I due come winter time?

Soldo
08-25-2007, 08:45 PM
If it's got traction controls, you won't have any problems. Just get a set of good winter tires!

For the sake of the Z4.... don't do it, just leave it alone. The Z4 never did anything to deserve YOU as a driver!

Shamis
08-25-2007, 09:24 PM
say it to my face u ****

you people need to grow up **** this forum

Lester
08-26-2007, 10:48 AM
You should have no problem in the GTA in a Z4 with good winter tires. I drove my car in everything but the two big storms we had last year and the only reason I didn't drive it then, was fear of someone else hitting me. In anything over 3" - 4"'s however, the car will become a plow - most BMW's do.

What year and model are you looking at?

Shamis
08-26-2007, 12:24 PM
2004 2.5L with low KMs, its purty and an amazing drive. I'm not into racing so I would take the 2.5 over the 3 and save some money. I just love how it drives and when I do want to gun it is more then fast enough for me.

I am split between the z4 and 3 (both 2004s). It is just the z4 is cheaper (overall price and insurance), more fun the drive, and sexy as hell, but the 3 is also a smooth drive, pure luxury, and more practical.

Freakin hard to decide when this is going to be my daily driver for the next 3 years atleast if not more.

Sneaky
09-09-2007, 08:35 PM
2004 2.5L with low KMs, its purty and an amazing drive. I'm not into racing so I would take the 2.5 over the 3 and save some money. I just love how it drives and when I do want to gun it is more then fast enough for me.

I am split between the z4 and 3 (both 2004s). It is just the z4 is cheaper (overall price and insurance), more fun the drive, and sexy as hell, but the 3 is also a smooth drive, pure luxury, and more practical.

Freakin hard to decide when this is going to be my daily driver for the next 3 years atleast if not more.

Get the Z4, the z3 is a chick car.

(dont hurt me guys)

Shamis
09-09-2007, 10:51 PM
3 = 3 series

Sneaky
09-09-2007, 10:52 PM
3 = 3 series

Oh then definetly get the 3 Series.

Z Cars should strictly be weekend summer toys.

Understated
09-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Don't put sandbags in the Z4 if you winter drive it...It's a bmw! It come balanced from factory! Personally, I'd rather have the Z4 because everyone and their mother has a 3 series. Just get a good set of winter tires. They didn't equip the Z4s with traction control/heated seats so they could be dedicated summer toys. Get out there and enjoy it!

SEXSPHERE
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Don't put sandbags in the Z4 if you winter drive it...It's a bmw! It come balanced from factory! Personally, I'd rather have the Z4 because everyone and their mother has a 3 series. Just get a good set of winter tires. They didn't equip the Z4s with traction control/heated seats so they could be dedicated summer toys. Get out there and enjoy it!

my Z4 has traction control and heated seats.. And a set of winter tires *th-up*

last winter was great. Anyways the car is for sale.

BMW_7
09-24-2007, 04:03 PM
can't be a problem.. It's not a Miata, it's a BMW. They are made to handle the cold.

I'd look for a hardtop though.

Zim Zimma
09-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Toronto has a winter?

Don't worry there are no more then 5 days a year where snow on the ground will exceed 3-4" and with a set of decent winter tires the car will be fine. Just watch out for other idiots who drive around on summers/shitty all seasons.