PDA

View Full Version : Trunk lock cylinder-Chrome End??????

sicilianace
08-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Anyone here..... ever replace the Trunk lock cylinder............is it possible to replace the chrome piece of the lock.....where u insert the key into......because mine is all twisted and mangled.......looks as if someone try to broke into the trunk

Need to know ASAP......... i wanna pick one at the salvage yard??????

Thanks,

FuryriderX
08-23-2007, 11:05 PM
i HAVE had that whole assembly apart (it was seized solid) but i cant remember whether or not that chrome piece is removable. i know which one you speak of though.

they're quite easy to get apart though, so have a go at it. whats there to lose?

supernaught
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
would it be a good idea to break it apart and drop a few dabs of grease in there? Mine sticks when its cold and is a pain in the ass to get the button to come out(trunck wont close)

BmW1819
08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
yea u can :) u jsut have to recode it :)

sicilianace
08-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Guys, better yet, a chance in million, i found a trunk lock cylinder that accepted my key (at the salvage yard) unbelievable.......no need **** with all the little pieces.....basic plug and play.....

FuryriderX
08-27-2007, 03:11 PM
would it be a good idea to break it apart and drop a few dabs of grease in there? Mine sticks when its cold and is a pain in the ass to get the button to come out(trunck wont close)

mine was seized SOLID and the key wouldnt turn - finally broke it loose, full of corrosion.

you dont have to rekey it if you take it apart, as long as you dont disassemble the lock cylinder. i just kept spraying WD40 and oil into it. now it works perfectly.

AWD_Guy
08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I think somebody tried braking into mine because I had the same problem. I spryed some jigaloo and use some vice grips to 'straiten' out the key hole. Worked like a charm and she works great now.

BMW03
08-30-2007, 01:19 PM

Same exact thing and it is a pain in the ass. I took the assembly apart and put some grease in there and it fixed it up pretty good. Pain in the ass when it sticks, but to get the assembly out is not that hard.