PDA

View Full Version : 1984 BMW 318i (coupe) NEW PRICE $1750 NEED TO SELL ASAP

e30er
08-22-2007, 06:02 PM
1984 BMW 318i (coupe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One owner for Past 23 Years. All Books and Records from 1984. Car has 323XXX kms on it. 5 spd manual, air condition sunroof. Seats had covers on them since brand new, so cloth is virtually factory new. back seats never been sat in. Recent new brakes at bmw. Oil changed every 3 months (3-4000kms), Brand new Bridgestone Blizzak tires. THIS CAR IS OUTSTANDING. Everything is bone stock except the radio. Everything is perfect on the car. shifts smooth and crisp. all lights work. doors and sunroof are perfect. This car is absolutely mintttttttttttt. Contact me at 4167221512 (Ali) if your interested.

AS WELL, this car qualifies for classic car insurance at only ($72/year) NOT A MISPRINT SEVENTY TWO DOLLARS ONLY. FULL COVERAGE.

spoony_prelude
08-22-2007, 06:46 PM
pics?

e30er
08-22-2007, 11:43 PM
no i'm sry

e30er
08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
bbump

BMWags
08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
dude sounds like a sweet ride....pics will only speed up your sale

e30er
08-24-2007, 03:30 PM
*repost* to the top

e30er
08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
------------------------------

Dr. Flyview
08-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Cool, but doesn't exactly look MINT to me...

e30er
08-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Pics show all the rust spots on the car purposely. For this price, and year, the interior and engine are mint. I stated in my original post, there are a few small rust spots, however the interior is mint no cracks or scratches. Minor hole in the driver seat, other than that it is mint.

e30er
08-24-2007, 04:03 PM
** my apologies i forgot to mention in my original posting in this thread

T.Dot_E30
08-25-2007, 03:20 AM
other than that it is mint.

Nothing on that car is mint, please don't ever use that word again.

TOBMW
08-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Can you post a photo of page 2 and 3 of the UVIP to show that it has only 1 owner since new? So you bought this car brand new on July 4, 1983?

Also, you mentioned that "Seats had covers on them since brand new, so cloth is virtually factory new" - I wouldn't consider seats "factory new" if they have holes in them.

Also, the front right fender, the hood and the trunk lid look like they have been repainted with a bad paint job, since those parts are not shiny like the rest of the car.

Anyway, how flexible are you on the price?

e30er
08-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Yes no problem I will post pgs 2 and 3 of the UVIP that show it has only one owner since new.
My apologies about the wording in the original post. Cloth is pretty much new.. I didnt notice the hole in the driver's seat till I took the covers completely off today and took pictures.
The car's hood and trunk lid have been repainted yes.. the paint is not mint.
Regarding the price, make me an offer.. as long as it is fair for both parties, I'm willing to negotiate.

dgmorr
08-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Are you the second owner? just haven't registered it yet?

racer-x
08-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Yes he is flipping the car. He is the second owner, but is selling it before he pays taxes and puts it into his name.
I just bought a similar car with 206K on it for $350, but it was as is, not certified like this fellas.

When seats have butt grooves and springs poking through the cloth, they are no longer mint, indeed.....

e30er
08-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Are you the second owner? just haven't registered it yet?
yes

TOBMW
08-25-2007, 10:57 PM
If you are not the first owner since new, then that means the car has more than 1 owner. Why did you say the car has only 1 owner since new?

Also, if you're the second owner of the car, but haven't registered it, then how can any one know you're really the owner of the car? This will make a lot of potential buyers uneasy dealing with you. Who would want to buy a car from a guy who may not even own the car legally?

People may be willing to take a risk if it's $350 (like what racer-x did), but since you're asking $1750 for this car, I believe most people will have a hard time justifying the risk in buying a car that potentially may not belong to you.

Since racer-x paid for $350 with 206K km (assuming his is also a 1984, which is the first/oldest year for the E30) uncertified, and yours is certified, but with 323K km, I believe all I can offer is around $300 to $350 for your car. Please don't treat this as a lowball offer, but rather, this is what I believe to be a fair offer given the mileage, age and condition of the car.

e30er
08-26-2007, 01:29 AM
If you are not the first owner since new, then that means the car has more than 1 owner. Why did you say the car has only 1 owner since new?

Also, if you're the second owner of the car, but haven't registered it, then how can any one know you're really the owner of the car? This will make a lot of potential buyers uneasy dealing with you. Who would want to buy a car from a guy who may not even own the car legally?

People may be willing to take a risk if it's $350 (like what racer-x did), but since you're asking $1750 for this car, I believe most people will have a hard time justifying the risk in buying a car that potentially may not belong to you.

Since racer-x paid for $350 with 206K km (assuming his is also a 1984, which is the first/oldest year for the E30) uncertified, and yours is certified, but with 323K km, I believe all I can offer is around $300 to $350 for your car. Please don't treat this as a lowball offer, but rather, this is what I believe to be a fair offer given the mileage, age and condition of the car.
Thanks for the information.. i have a purchase agreement with the original owner, and as I had only purchased the car last saturday, I haven't officially plated the car i got a temporary plate to drive it home, and I did not register it as some ppl would prefer being the second owners on the vehicle. As for the price offered, I'd rather give it to my baby brother to play with in my backyard :D but thx neways :D

TEUTONICFOOL
08-26-2007, 12:06 PM
so r u considering yrself CUBSIDER? also, the car in question is a mass production 23yrs old car with 330k that is selling in the 1 thousand dollars range ( in a good sunny day), will ppl care about how many owner(s)??? the new owner will be more concern about how to safely put the car on the road, and maybe how to fix that driver seat???

TEUTONICFOOL
08-26-2007, 12:33 PM
1984 BMW 318i (coupe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS WELL, this car qualifies for classic car insurance at only ($72/year) NOT A MISPRINT SEVENTY TWO DOLLARS ONLY. FULL COVERAGE.

does classic car insurance cover vehicle over 25 yrs old only?? how about the driver, does he/she need to be licensed for certain years (like 10+) b4 he/she can be qualify??

go to this link for more info

http://www.lant-ins.ca/silver.html

e30er
08-26-2007, 02:58 PM
well ya classic car insurance only covers cars over 15 years old.. but as for the certain number of years experience, As long as you have 5 years since ur g1 and a clean driving record, you can qualify.

Blades
08-26-2007, 03:26 PM
well ya classic car insurance only covers cars over 15 years old.. but as for the certain number of years experience, As long as you have 5 years since ur g1 and a clean driving record, you can qualify.

i thought classic insurance was 20 or 25 years plus

Eurostyle
08-26-2007, 03:35 PM
so r u considering yrself CUBSIDER? also, the car in question is a mass production 23yrs old car with 330k that is selling in the 1 thousand dollars range ( in a good sunny day), will ppl care about how many owner(s)??? the new owner will be more concern about how to safely put the car on the road, and maybe how to fix that driver seat???

You can buy and sell several cars per year, without having to be a dealer, so nothing wrong with that! (5 if i recall)

One (or even 2-3) owners will make it easyer to trace accidents, maintenace etc, and on a call of that age shows a lot, and is quite rare!

That said, the car is solid for its age, but not as mint as stated in the 1st post (repainted in some areas, small rust, rip in seat etc.) but those are SMALL things that are acceptable for a car that old and for this price!

Blades
08-26-2007, 03:53 PM
looking at autotrader is looks somewhat reasonable

e30er
08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
i thought classic insurance was 20 or 25 years plus
Your right most insurance companies do 20 and older however some still do fifteen and i will provide the insurance company to the buyer if interested. Its insured through ING direct

TEUTONICFOOL
08-26-2007, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=Eurostyle]You can buy and sell several cars per year, without having to be a dealer, so nothing wrong with that! (5 if i recall)

better make sure, here is a link

http://www.tada.ca/en/ConsumerInfo.aspx?SectionGUID=8B5DBC95-7DB8-4C57-8D1D-702BC85A9406&ArticleGUID=2A812EB8-E81B-45AD-B827-375E71639E49

Blades
08-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Your right most insurance companies do 20 and older however some still do fifteen and i will provide the insurance company to the buyer if interested. Its insured through ING direct

but what are the obligations .. can only drive weekends? cant drive over 20km per week? let me know.

Wannabe
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
why does it have 2 AC buttons?

Eurostyle
08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=Eurostyle]You can buy and sell several cars per year, without having to be a dealer, so nothing wrong with that! (5 if i recall)

better make sure, here is a link

http://www.tada.ca/en/ConsumerInfo.aspx?SectionGUID=8B5DBC95-7DB8-4C57-8D1D-702BC85A9406&ArticleGUID=2A812EB8-E81B-45AD-B827-375E71639E49

Used car dealers are some of the biggest scammers after the banks and insurance industry. Who ever thinks its safe(er) to buy from a dealer is a fool...

These days you can only trust a GOOD inspection, and not the seller...

e30er
08-27-2007, 04:20 PM
why does it have 2 AC buttons?
lol.. i noticed that after i picked it up. the owner told me it was a replacement.

dgmorr
08-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Hijack: If anyone is looking for a better deal, check out my car FS. $1750 and it's yours, you cheapos!

BmW1819
08-27-2007, 06:26 PM
500$

e30er
08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Taking best REALISTICAL offers....

TOBMW
08-28-2007, 12:59 AM
I believe my offer of $300 is a very realistic offer. If you are trying to make some money by flipping this car (which I believe is what you're trying to do, since you didn't register it in your name - you bought the car with the intention of selling it to make a profit, essentially what a dealer/curbsider does), then I believe you picked the wrong car to flip, IMHO. Besides, most of us here are Bimmer enthusiasts, so we're probably pickier than most people.

You may have better luck advertising it on other boards such as torontoaccords or torontocivics - some people on those boards are also into german cars and some of them may want to restore the car as a project car.

Good luck!

P.S. Are you still going to post the photos for pages 2 and 3 of the UVIP to show that the car really has only 1 owner since new?

e30er
08-28-2007, 01:10 AM
I believe my offer of $300 is a very realistic offer. If you are trying to make some money by flipping this car (which I believe is what you're trying to do, since you didn't register it in your name - you bought the car with the intention of selling it to make a profit, essentially what a dealer/curbsider does), then I believe you picked the wrong car to flip, IMHO. Besides, most of us here are Bimmer enthusiasts, so we're probably pickier than most people.

You may have better luck advertising it on other boards such as torontoaccords or torontocivics - some people on those boards are also into german cars and some of them may want to restore the car as a project car.

Good luck!

P.S. Are you still going to post the photos for pages 2 and 3 of the UVIP to show that the car really has only 1 owner since new?
lol.. actually brother i bought the car with intentions of using it as a winter beater as my DD is a dropped w124 e420, which is horrible in bad weather, but after realizing it would cost me an extra 2-3000 per year insurance due to the fact my driving record is not clean, i decided to sell it with no intentions of making a great profit as it cost me around 1500 after certification. plus all my time and hassle i thought 1750 is fair. This clearly does not make me a curbsider, and as i mentioned before i didnt register it because some people would rather be second owners on the vehicle, and that way i could also drop the price a bit more due to the fact i didnt have to go get another uvip and appraisal and pay gst on the vehicle. Also, after ur ridiculous offer, i'd rather be sitting on my ass in my office staring out the window looking at a bmw in my driveway rather then get off my ass take a couple of photos which in the end would just be a waste of ur time and my time, as your not a serious buyer, or might as well say i dont take ur offer serious. But again thanks on the insight and if you manage to grab one for $300, congratulations you got a good deal.

TOBMW
08-28-2007, 01:42 AM
But in your original post, you did say "AS WELL, this car qualifies for classic car insurance at only ($72/year) NOT A MISPRINT SEVENTY TWO DOLLARS ONLY. FULL COVERAGE."

Not sure why it'll now cost you an extra $2-3000 per year in insurance? Even if your driving record is totally trashed, I don't think your insurance cost will increase from $72 to $3000.

Anyway, if you post the photos of pages 2 and 3 of the UVIP, it may make your sale more convincing to more people, again IMHO.

Also, personally, I wouldn't use a 84 318i as a winter beater, since it's RWD, has no traction control or LSD, and has only drum brakes in the rear. If anything, I believe your dropped W124 E420 will be safer and more stable in bad weather than this 84 318i, assuming you put snow tires on.

Anyway, Good luck!

e30er
08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Willing To Trade For Laptops, Or A Laptop And Cash.

e30er
08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Price Drop To $1500

TEUTONICFOOL
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Also, personally, I wouldn't use a 84 318i as a winter beater, since it's RWD, has no traction control or LSD, and has only drum brakes in the rear. If anything, I believe your dropped W124 E420 will be safer and more stable in bad weather than this 84 318i, assuming you put snow tires on.

Anyway, Good luck![/QUOTE]

318i with a set of steel rim/pirelli winter sport & 2 bag of sand in the trunk make perfect winter beater. but don't use 195/60, use 185/70 instead.

D..
08-28-2007, 09:58 PM
But in your original post, you did say "AS WELL, this car qualifies for classic car insurance at only ($72/year) NOT A MISPRINT SEVENTY TWO DOLLARS ONLY. FULL COVERAGE."

Not sure why it'll now cost you an extra $2-3000 per year in insurance? Even if your driving record is totally trashed, I don't think your insurance cost will increase from $72 to $3000.

Anyway, if you post the photos of pages 2 and 3 of the UVIP, it may make your sale more convincing to more people, again IMHO.

Anyway, Good luck!

if you used ur brain and stopped making stupid comments you'd know that he was saying 72 dollars was for classic Insurance. And if you dont have a good record you dont qualify, therefore meaning that he would have to get normal insurance...which in this stupid province would be around 3000 a year for a young adult... so if you dont want this car which it is obvious you dont, atleast not for the asking price just get the **** out of this thread.

Goodluck on the sale!

TOBMW
08-29-2007, 12:32 AM
D..

No need to be rude. I never knew that you need a good record to get classic insurance - I thought classic insurance is available to any car classified as a classic, and the limitation is that you can't drive it more than x kms per month/year. So, by not knowing about classic insurance as much as you do, Mr. D... I an a stupid person who doesn't use his brain? Great!

It's people like you who give BMW owners/drivers (assuming you even drive a BMW) a bad name. E30er is the seller and he hasn't complained about my posts yet, and who the heck are you? Who are you to judge my comments? I offered E30er a price, and he didn't accept it and he was very polite about it. At least I gave him my offer. So, what's the problem? I was just trying to ask him the types of questions and made comments that any BMW enthusiast would. Is that a problem?

Also, since the car is so old (replacement cost is low) and it's only a 318i (not an M car), most of the insurance premium would be for E30er's 3rd party liability insurance. Therefore, since he already has an existing car, he should know how much insurance he will be paying because of his driving record. What I'm saying is that it's not the car that causes his insurance to be so expensive, it's his driving record. That's why I still don't understand why the $2-3000 in insurance is a surprise to him. Remember, the expensive insurance is his main reason for selling the car - he can't afford the insurance, that's why he's selling.

Therefore, his reason for selling the car has to make sense, in order for people not to consider him to be a curbsider who flips problematic cars to make a quick buck.

Also, D.., you don't have to read this thread if you don't want to. Are you going to offer E30er a price to buy his car? Are you going to buy his car? If not, then you're the one who should get out of this thread, not me.

static
08-29-2007, 09:04 AM
^^ you threw the first stone at the OP so be quiet when someone points a flaw in your "argument"

Eurostyle
08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=TOBMW] "I offered E30er a price, and he didn't accept it and he was very polite about it. At least I gave him my offer. So, what's the problem? I was just trying to ask him the types of questions and made comments that any BMW enthusiast would. Is that a problem?"

I'm sorry, but hope the rest of the BMW enthusiast world doesnt make $300 offers on a $1700 car! That was plain stupid, since you can get $200 for scrap, and anohter few hunderd for the good parts left in it...So why wast everybodys time!?

Therefore, his reason for selling the car has to make sense, in order for people not to consider him to be a curbsider who flips problematic cars to make a quick buck.

Who cares if he "flips the car to make a buck", its nobody's business how much he got it for, and IF he makes $$$ on it, as long as the car is not missrepresented. If it is what it is, i dont care if the car was given to him, i dont think he would sell it for $100!!!

dephrag
08-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Maybe its just me, but saying "This car is absolutely mintttttttttttt" is a bit of a misrepresentation!!

D..
08-29-2007, 10:01 AM
D..

No need to be rude. I never knew that you need a good record to get classic insurance - I thought classic insurance is available to any car classified as a classic, and the limitation is that you can't drive it more than x kms per month/year. So, by not knowing about classic insurance as much as you do, Mr. D... I an a stupid person who doesn't use his brain? Great!

It's people like you who give BMW owners/drivers (assuming you even drive a BMW) a bad name. E30er is the seller and he hasn't complained about my posts yet, and who the heck are you? Who are you to judge my comments? I offered E30er a price, and he didn't accept it and he was very polite about it. At least I gave him my offer. So, what's the problem? I was just trying to ask him the types of questions and made comments that any BMW enthusiast would. Is that a problem?

Also, since the car is so old (replacement cost is low) and it's only a 318i (not an M car), most of the insurance premium would be for E30er's 3rd party liability insurance. Therefore, since he already has an existing car, he should know how much insurance he will be paying because of his driving record. What I'm saying is that it's not the car that causes his insurance to be so expensive, it's his driving record. That's why I still don't understand why the $2-3000 in insurance is a surprise to him. Remember, the expensive insurance is his main reason for selling the car - he can't afford the insurance, that's why he's selling.

Also, D.., you don't have to read this thread if you don't want to. Are you going to offer E30er a price to buy his car? Are you going to buy his car? If not, then you're the one who should get out of this thread, not me.

Eurostyle and static typed my response for me *wave*

and no i drive a Honda, not a bimmer. But you should be a very proud Bmw enthusiast, who is scared to drive a 318 in the snow lol *uzi*

TOBMW
08-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks dephrag! You typed my response for me! dephrag is absolutely right - E30er wrote: "This car is absolutely mint". This is definitely a misrepresentation. As many other members have already said, this car is definitely NOT mint. Also, as I said before, his reason for selling the car doesn't make sense. I just want to help other fellow BMW enthusiasts avoid any scams by a potential curbsider.

Now, I'm not saying E30er is a curbsider. All the questions I asked actually will help him clear any doubts in people's minds that he may be a curbsider, i.e. if he can give reasonable answers that make sense. There are just too many inconsistencies in his answers that make any one wonder whether he's a curbsider and whether there are any other problems with the car that he didn't mention.

Static: Where's the flaw in my argument? Can you point it out? I didn't stone E30er - I was just asking basic questions that any car buyer would ask. If you don't ask questions when you buy such an old used car, then you're putting yourself in a very risky situation. May be you have lots of money to burn and don't care much about money, but for most of us, we value our money and want to make sure it's not used to buy something that's misrepresented.

Eurostyle: You took my message out of context - I said " in order for people not to consider him to be a curbsider who flips problematic cars to make a quick buck". I'm talking about a curbsider - who flips problematic cars to make a quick buck. This is what a curbsider does, don't you agree? The "who" in my sentence referred to a curbsider - I think it's quite obvious. Again, I never said E30er is a curbsider. Whether E30er makes a profit or not is not my business either, if he's really a private seller. But, if he's buying cars and selling them right away with the intention of making a profit (and not able to give a reasonable explanation of why he's doing it - his expensive insurance reason is not reasonable at all), then that makes him an unlicensed dealer (or a curbsider). Also, do you seriously believe a car with that much rust and bad paint job, messed up seats, is worth $1700? If you do, you should buy it. The car is not a $1700 car - it's his asking price only. He has already reduced it to $1500. Who knows how much more he will reduce it by? Maybe he'll end up selling it for $1K or less? Who knows? If he ends up selling it for $700 or something, then my offer of $300 to $350 doesn't sound that unreasonable, does it?

I believe every car buyer should do their own due diligence by asking questions to assure him/herself that the car is not misrepresented and the seller is not a curbsider. This is exactly what I'm doing here.

Eurostyle
08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Maybe its just me, but saying "This car is absolutely mintttttttttttt" is a bit of a misrepresentation!!

Read all the posts; i already made a clear statemant on that, and the seller corrected it...

static
08-29-2007, 10:37 PM
guys please, let's not ruin the FS thread polluting it with all kinds of crap

use pm to solve your differences, no need to be a forum-tough-guy, cause noone gives a flying dick

e30er
08-31-2007, 07:32 PM
D..

Eh buddy, if u want the car send me an offer if not leave the thread no use in posting msgs to make this thread fifty pages. I've got the car for sale if your interested ur more then welcome to make a realistic offer (within 5-10%) of my asking price, if not no need to posts...

e30er
08-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Eurostyle and static typed my response for me *wave*

and no i drive a Honda, not a bimmer. But you should be a very proud Bmw enthusiast, who is scared to drive a 318 in the snow lol *uzi*
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMFAO *th-up*

e30er
08-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks dephrag! You typed my response for me! dephrag is absolutely right - E30er wrote: "This car is absolutely mint". This is definitely a misrepresentation. As many other members have already said, this car is definitely NOT mint. Also, as I said before, his reason for selling the car doesn't make sense. I just want to help other fellow BMW enthusiasts avoid any scams by a potential curbsider.

Now, I'm not saying E30er is a curbsider. All the questions I asked actually will help him clear any doubts in people's minds that he may be a curbsider, i.e. if he can give reasonable answers that make sense. There are just too many inconsistencies in his answers that make any one wonder whether he's a curbsider and whether there are any other problems with the car that he didn't mention.

Static: Where's the flaw in my argument? Can you point it out? I didn't stone E30er - I was just asking basic questions that any car buyer would ask. If you don't ask questions when you buy such an old used car, then you're putting yourself in a very risky situation. May be you have lots of money to burn and don't care much about money, but for most of us, we value our money and want to make sure it's not used to buy something that's misrepresented.

Eurostyle: You took my message out of context - I said " in order for people not to consider him to be a curbsider who flips problematic cars to make a quick buck". I'm talking about a curbsider - who flips problematic cars to make a quick buck. This is what a curbsider does, don't you agree? The "who" in my sentence referred to a curbsider - I think it's quite obvious. Again, I never said E30er is a curbsider. Whether E30er makes a profit or not is not my business either, if he's really a private seller. But, if he's buying cars and selling them right away with the intention of making a profit (and not able to give a reasonable explanation of why he's doing it - his expensive insurance reason is not reasonable at all), then that makes him an unlicensed dealer (or a curbsider). Also, do you seriously believe a car with that much rust and bad paint job, messed up seats, is worth $1700? If you do, you should buy it. The car is not a $1700 car - it's his asking price only. He has already reduced it to $1500. Who knows how much more he will reduce it by? Maybe he'll end up selling it for $1K or less? Who knows? If he ends up selling it for $700 or something, then my offer of $300 to $350 doesn't sound that unreasonable, does it?

I believe every car buyer should do their own due diligence by asking questions to assure him/herself that the car is not misrepresented and the seller is not a curbsider. This is exactly what I'm doing here.
Again.. TOBMW, for god's sake bro.. plz if ur not interested don't post i've told u that ur offer is no way in my context, for that money i'd rather keep it in my garage. But again please, if ur not serious dont post. MONEY TALKS BULLSHIT WALKS. as d.. has already mentioned I'm a young adult, and as everyone knows insurance is a bitch in this province, sometimes even costing more than the car's value. In my case, i have an e420 paying around 3000 a year 3rd party coverage, and i bought the 318i with intentions of insuring it for $72 a year classic car insurance, however, my coverage was refused due to my driving record which in turn explains my $3000/year insurance on the benz. for that reason, i didnt think it was worth spending another 2-3000 in insurance for a $2000 car. Again i repeat FOR THAT REASON I AM SELLING THE CAR. but again thanks on the insight i think the members have understood ur repeat posts, no need to keep posting.*wave*

e30er
08-31-2007, 07:44 PM
guys please, let's not ruin the FS thread polluting it with all kinds of crap

use pm to solve your differences, no need to be a forum-tough-guy, cause noone gives a flying dick
:D THANKS :D
BUMMMMMMMP for $1500

TOBMW
08-31-2007, 08:52 PM
One last post before I shut up...

If both cars are under your name (assuming you don't have a spouse) and you live alone, you won't have to pay another $3K for insurance on the 318i - because you can't be driving both cars at the same time. Your insurance company may charge you a little bit more for the additional liability coverage when driving the 318i, but definitely won't be $2 to $3K more, maybe a few hundred more, to cover your 3rd party liability while driving either car.

Anyway, I'll shut up now and good luck to you in selling the car!

Free bump for you!

e30er
08-31-2007, 09:26 PM

If both cars are under your name (assuming you don't have a spouse) and you live alone, you won't have to pay another $3K for insurance on the 318i - because you can't be driving both cars at the same time. Your insurance company may charge you a little bit more for the additional liability coverage when driving the 318i, but definitely won't be $2 to $3K more, maybe a few hundred more, to cover your 3rd party liability while driving either car.

Free bump for you!
Thanks boss..

e30er
09-03-2007, 01:46 AM
bump

BmW1819
09-03-2007, 12:04 PM
500$

BMW325BMW
09-03-2007, 01:05 PM

Free bump for you!

Do you know how much he is paying now? To assume his insurance company wont charge him an additional 2-3k to insure this car in not unrealistic especially depending on what he is paying now or how crappy of an insurance company he is with.

But seriously, if you are legit about purchasing the car, pm him. If not, stop posting. As BMW enthusiast, a majority of this board know what to look for when buying a 20+ year old car and the seller doesn't need you crapping on his thread mentioning the obvious.

Good luck on the Sale. I would suggest starting a new thread.

Dr. Flyview
09-03-2007, 01:11 PM
$800