PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'm wtf??!??

kemestry
08-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I had 2 days off work so I thought, let me take care of that gas gague peoplem that has been an issue with my '89 325i for the past month.

1.So I go and grab a fuel sender from Standard [btw there is an '85 e30 there as soon as you walk into the lot - stripped but still some shit there] Cost me $15.00 and a nice outing with pops so I was happy. Replaced mine which was shit because when I turned the old one upside down, brown gunge came out of the hole and I didn't hear the float slide. I turn her over, nothing. Gas guage is stuck at full. SHIT.

2. So I'm like, must be my SI board batteries. I know one is dead so I'll just get those replaced. Found a place in Mississauga that sells them for $8.95 each [BBM battery - 3v 1/2 aa Lithium] so I'll eat the cost and make the trip to the west end. Install them and nothing. Sure my km/L thing works now and I'm happy about that, but shit its not what I wanted. SHIT

So here I am, back at work still counting KM's. What am I missing? Do I need a new cluster? Let me know.

Thanks

dgmorr
08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Did you buy a new sender?

kemestry
08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
the sender I got was from Standard Auto Wreckers