PDA

View Full Version : check out my new mod, 6000k HID + spacers


M52_Alpina
02-07-2002, 11:20 PM
6000k HID (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ken_yeu/vwp?.dir=/alpina328&.src=ph&.dnm=107-0784_IMG.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ken_yeu/lst%3f%26.dir=/alpina328%26.src=ph%26.view=t)

Thats the lowest one can go on Bilstein coilovers.. (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ken_yeu/vwp?.dir=/alpina328&.src=ph&.dnm=107-0800_IMG.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ken_yeu/lst%3f%26.dir=/alpina328%26.src=ph%26.view=t)
it looks cool but car doesn't turn anymore, too much fender rubbing.. (i did raised my car up by half an inch after that)..

H&R 15mm spacers at the front (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ken_yeu/vwp?.dir=/alpina328&.src=ph&.dnm=108-0801_IMG.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ken_yeu/lst%3f%26.dir=/alpina328%26.src=ph%26.view=t)

One more picture (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ken_yeu/vwp?.dir=/alpina328&.src=ph&.dnm=108-0808_IMG.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/ken_yeu/lst%3f%26.dir=/alpina328%26.src=ph%26.view=t)

330DTM
02-09-2002, 02:20 AM
Great job and pics M52!

Your car looks nice!
BTW, I read from many forums that the 6000k's are not as bright as the 4000k's HID... The only difference is the color of the light, and 6000k is beyond the color of daylight therefore the 4000's are still brighter in terms of lumens i think or another unit which i forgot. But the 6000's look better in terms of apperance and cosmetic wise.

anyways, brighter or not, I think the 6000k's look nice!

Gamite
02-09-2002, 05:00 AM
Sweet, I saw some decked out E36 on Bloor today.. Looked nice but it flew past me so fast, didnt get a good look (going the other direction)

M52_Alpina
02-10-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by 328DTM
Great job and pics M52!

Your car looks nice!
BTW, I read from many forums that the 6000k's are not as bright as the 4000k's HID... The only difference is the color of the light, and 6000k is beyond the color of daylight therefore the 4000's are still brighter in terms of lumens i think or another unit which i forgot. But the 6000's look better in terms of apperance and cosmetic wise.

anyways, brighter or not, I think the 6000k's look nice!

thanks :), yeah, 6000k are just for looks, i used to have 4100k bulbs but it doesn't give me that HID purplish look i am looking for.. 6000k is not as bright :(

AzN_E46
02-10-2002, 09:50 PM
the 6000k's are still brighter than normal halogen bulbs right??

330DTM
02-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Yea, the 6000k's should be brighter than regular halogen bulbs, I THINK!

Well NOS, your car has xeons, probably the 4X00k's. Don't know if it's the 4100, 4300, or 4500.

Maciek
02-14-2002, 02:23 PM
hey man

i don't know if you remember me but i also have
a 328 97'. i met you at the bimmer cruize in
the summer. my car is madeira violet with the
same cooilovers as your. anyway, i just got 18"
hamann hm2 and you should see how dumped my car
looks. you think your car look low? man, try a
set of 18" and then you'll see what low is. i had
to roll my fenders. front and back. the tires are completely tucked inside the fender. now i have to
do something about the negative camber i have.
your buddy with the yellow a4 used to work at BBR
right?
where did you get your vader seats?

e-mail me at Mpolewcz@anchorlamina.com

thanks

M54TU Schnitzer
02-14-2002, 11:24 PM
Hey Maciek.

Hey, man. I remember you from the bimmer cruize, I am one of M52_Alpina buddy. I was at the bimmer cruize, too. With the AC Schnitzer 330i. Anyway, your car must be nice with the 18" hamann hm2, well..I was going to get a set of 18" ACS type-III for my car, too. but it's just too heavy, cuz M52_Alpina used to have a sets of 18" AC Schnitzer type-III. But it was so heavy, me and him wants performance more than cosmetic. When M52 had his 18" type-III, Yeah, I admitted my buddy(M52_Alpina)'s car was really reallg low, but since we always drag race with each other when we get new mods. His car was alot slower & also bad handling with the 18" ACS he got. *no-no* M52TU, I smoked u with my M54TU *no-no*
mmm.. sorry M52. :D just joking. and after that, he decided to get a 17" Alpina that are 8" wide in the front and 9" wide in the rear.

Is your Hamann rims heavy? cuz I am still looking for a set of 18" rims that are not toooo heavy.

thanx

M52_Alpina
02-15-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Maciek
hey man

i don't know if you remember me but i also have
a 328 97'. i met you at the bimmer cruize in
the summer. my car is madeira violet with the
same cooilovers as your. anyway, i just got 18"
hamann hm2 and you should see how dumped my car
looks. you think your car look low? man, try a
set of 18" and then you'll see what low is. i had
to roll my fenders. front and back. the tires are completely tucked inside the fender. now i have to
do something about the negative camber i have.
your buddy with the yellow a4 used to work at BBR
right?
where did you get your vader seats?

e-mail me at Mpolewcz@anchorlamina.com

thanks

hey, i remeber your car...the stock 328is.. you are the guy who sold your bent BBS rims to my friend... you know what, read my post more carefully, i didn't mention anything about being the lowest 328is.. i just want to see how low bilstein coilover goes.. and i did raise my car back up afterwards.. by the way, what do 18" rims have to do with your car being low??.. unless you have no tires by the way, what other mods do you have on your car?

Maciek
02-15-2002, 09:58 AM
hey

i dan't know what you are talking about?
(the rims being bent!!?!?!)
my rims where not bent when i sold them.
i had them on my car and they were fine.
you can ask randy and all the other bimmer
guys that know me. i wouldn't sell a bent
rim without telling your friend. this comment
you made pissed me off man. maybe your buddy
doesn't know how to drive and runs over curbs
or something. when he put them on, we drove the
car and everything was fine.

i just got a full rcing dynamics body kit put on
my car, rd stress bar, and other garbage

anyway, i hope we can resolve this rime thing.

JDub
02-15-2002, 10:12 AM
Very nice! May I ask where you got your ellipsoids and the HID kit from? What kit is it?

EMPOWERD
02-15-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by M52_Alpina


hey, i remeber your car...the stock 328is.. you are the guy who sold your bent BBS rims to my friend... you know what, read my post more carefully, i didn't mention anything about being the lowest 328is.. i just want to see how low bilstein coilover goes.. and i did raise my car back up afterwards.. by the way, what do 18" rims have to do with your car being low??.. unless you have no tires by the way, what other mods do you have on your car?


M52_Alpina....

I can vouch for Maciek on this one.... I hang with him all the time, and don't know many people that are as meticulous about their cars as much as him. If he sees a scratch on it... the whole thing gets wet sanded! The wheels were perfect (I drove his car) and he would never sell someone bent wheels. Your car looks sweet! I love the blacked out kidney grill-look. Remember I was checking it out at the Teutonic meet (Movenpick) last year when I came on my bike?

P.S. How do I know how many "K" Xenon's I have? I've got the ones off a 540I (from Hella).

Maciek
02-15-2002, 01:25 PM
you are right 18" have nothing to do with a car
being low, if anything it would only raise the
car. what i was getting at is that i didn't change
the height but got 18" put on. both of our cars
seemed to dropped the same. with 18" it looks
even better. i had to get my front and rear
fenders rolled just so i can drive. i couldn't
turn before rolling the fenders because the
fenders where chewing on the tires. anyway, all
i'm saying is that cars as low as our with 18"
look amazing. the tires are completely tucked in.
maybe you'll get to see my car someitme.

where did you get you vader seats?

and, again, find out what your buddy is talking
about. :mad:

Maciek
02-15-2002, 01:28 PM
you are right 18" have nothing to do with a car
being low, if anything it would only raise the
car. what i was getting at is that i didn't change
the height but got 18" put on. both of our cars
seemed to dropped the same. with 18" it looks
even better. i had to get my front and rear
fenders rolled just so i can drive. i couldn't
turn before rolling the fenders because the
fenders where chewing on the tires. anyway, all
i'm saying is that cars as low as our with 18"
look amazing. the tires are completely tucked in.
maybe you'll get to see my car someitme.

where did you get you vader seats?

did you black out your grill by painting it or
did you get the covers?

and, again, find out what your buddy is talking
about.(bent rims???) :mad:

E36Pete
02-15-2002, 05:16 PM
Sweet car man! What kind of wheel/tire set up do you have?

I have to ask though... what the hell is that hanging from the rearview mirror ???? :P

M54TU Schnitzer
02-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Hey E36Pete.

I am M52_Alpina buddy, can I answer ur question for him. I am just too boring.... haha.. anyway..
mm.. that hanging at the rearview mirror is.... a horse that hold a little cutie sign "do not fart".... or "do not smoke" .. can't even remember.. but I think his gf bought it for him.

His wheel and tires set up. Alpina rims with Bridgestone S-02

E36Pete
02-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Hey thanks M54TU,

I'll have to look into finding a set of those. I really like'em!!

FC in TO
02-17-2002, 05:45 AM
M52_Alpina,

If you don't mind...Where did you buy them and for how much?
I am looking at the similar upgrade for my E36 as well (now with yellowish factory lights).

What do you think about factory vs 4000 vs 6000?
If possible I would definitely love to the lights in person.
:cool:

Thnx

M52_Alpina
02-18-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by empowerd

How do I know how many "K" Xenon's I have? I've got the ones off a 540I (from Hella).

you can tell by the colour that the HID bulb emits.. blue has a colour temperature of 4100k (yellowish blue) to 4300k (purplish blue) ,i am pretty sure 540i HID is 4300.. thanks!

Originally posted by M328i

Very nice! May I ask where you got your ellipsoids and the HID kit from? What kit is it?

i got my ellipsoids from HK (way cheaper than buying in Canada or US, 1800HKD which is around 300 Canadian :D), as for the HID kit, i got it from supremepowerparts, they only carry philips/Hella HID ballasts and bulbs, and i got the 6000k HID bulbs from Ebay.. Thanks! :) by the way, if you want to get Ellipsoids from HK, i can give you their phone number (i think they only speak Cantonese).. let me know.

Originally posted by E36Pete

Sweet car man! What kind of wheel/tire set up do you have?

thanks! these are Alpina Classics 17x8 front and 17x9 rears.. You are the first person that actually like my rims, 8 out of 10 person hated them, excluding M54TU_Schnitzer, they think the rims are dated.. i personally think they are dated too, but i love them :), and i am the only person with Alpina rims in TO.. :) thanks!

Originally posted by FC in TO

[QUOTE]If you don't mind...Where did you buy them and for how much?

I brought the HID kit from supremepowerparts.. I brought them for around 900 Canadian, this is the price when the HID kit are new to the market. I think you can get a good used set for 450 Canadian..

Originally posted by FC in TO

[QUOTE]What do you think about factory vs 4000 vs 6000?

if you are looking for greater visibility at night, 4000k+ HID bulb would be your choice. On the other hand, if you want purplish tint to your HID headlight, 6000k would be the best BUT keep in mind that 6000k are not as bright as 4100-4300k HIDs..
Just leave me a message if you want to see the lights in person.. :)

Originally posted by Rob89M3

[QUOTE]Nice pics..Too bad you can't leave your car that low. It looks so good!

thanks Rob89M3, too much fender rubbing and the chassis x brace is too close to the ground.. i got no choice but to raise it back up.. :(

FC in TO
02-19-2002, 03:32 PM
M52_Alpina,
Thnx for the comparison and details man :)
I sent you a PM.

JDub
02-20-2002, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the info M52_Alpina! Could you give me the number? I might call if I can't find anything around here.

M52_Alpina
02-20-2002, 06:39 PM
heres the phone number: 852-2789 9968 ask for steve