PDA

View Full Version : shopping cart accident.

presquile
08-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Hi guy!
I'm a quite new member but I've been really appreciated all the helpful tips from all of you. There is something I want to hear your opinion.
I went Costco in Ajax today and when I returned to my car there is shopping cart leaned on my passenger door. I found Two scraches on my door after I moved shopping cart.
I went to talk to costco management.
I wanted to know how they handle things like this.
Wholetime they never say that they feel sorry about what happeded my car but trying to covince me it's not their fault.
my car is demaged by their loose shopping cart and there is no liability from costco. Is it right?

saix
08-21-2007, 05:09 AM
They didn't say sorry because they weren't at fault.

Quack
08-21-2007, 08:12 AM
yeah, you can't blame it on Costco for something a customer most likely did, it's always the customers that don't put the carts back.

dtthiaga
08-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Most parking lots state, you park at your own risk. The establishment is not responsible for your car while you are in their lot.

magnus
08-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Ask them politely if they have a CCTV camera pointing at the location and if you could see the tape of the day in order to maybe find out if you can see who did that to your car.(possibly a licence plate)

presquile
08-21-2007, 12:27 PM
That was my first question because I thought someone pushed cart to my car on purpose, but they don't have cameras in parking lot.
I know what could happen to your car place like Costco with big cart.
What really got me was that there were three other cart around my car besides one cause demage to my car.
There were cart control workers but it seems they just busy with heavy traffic parking area closer to entrance. I parked a little far from the entrance to protect my car from this kind of incident.
But I guess I left car where they can overlook a little bit.

Mickey Knox
08-21-2007, 01:51 PM
I can always rely on the fat lazy americans to park as close to the door as possible, so I always go to the other end of the lot if its half empty, look for the all the way to the right spot with a curb etc. have enough dings on my door as it is, also dont park next to pickup trucks, minivans and generally ****ed up rides cuz they dont give a shit. a nice porsche, other bmw etc is a good place to pull up next toeven though they dont give a shit about your door they care about their own.

Quack
08-21-2007, 01:57 PM
^^^ sometimes that advice does work, but I ran into a moron a couple of weeks back, he was driving a Cadilac XLR, he parked by my driver's side door, even though the lot was empty he found it necessary to park his front bumper less than a foot away from my driver's door, how the hell am I suppose to get in when I can only open my door just wide enough to get my arm in, so I did what I needed to do to get in my car, I rammed my metal driver's door against his plastic front bumper, I pushed & I pushed just enough that I can squeeze myself in.

Mickey Knox
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM
:mad: ... that excludes cadillac drivers. this is why i have a baseball bat in my trunk.*smoke*

saix
08-21-2007, 02:14 PM
:mad: ... that excludes cadillac drivers. this is why i have a baseball bat in my trunk.*smoke*

Don't forget to keep a glove with it ;)

I worked at a restaurant and was taught to NEVER say sorry because that immediately puts you at fault.

Yea I really don't understand the asshole that parks right next to you in an open lot.

BimmerboyPH
08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I feel your pain. This has happened to us twice. My dads mazda got it bad, it cracked and scratched the paint work. The second time we came back to our old 2004 325i and found a cart resting against the side of the car. Me and my dad where so pissed:mad: :mad: but luckily there was no damage. Unfortunatly i have become one of them and i now leave my carts where i please caz after it happened the second time i gave up and now i just dont give a f**k!! Lol, sry but i have had enough!

98Dinan3
08-21-2007, 11:04 PM
nice attitude. Everyone with a nice car thanks you champ! *thmbsdwn*