PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 1992 BMW M5 Touring

marek
08-18-2007, 10:52 AM
This is just a feeler as I might have an investment oppourtunity that might make me want to free up some funds.

Details:

1992 BMW M5 Touring - 3.8L, 5spd, daytona violett/black leather, AUC, dual sunroofs (working flawlessly), auto A/C (working), all power, rear nets built into back seats, CD changer, 187k km (this does change as the car does get used), recent tires and brakes, EDC (working perfectly), original paint, hidden removable BMW trailer hitch (original owner used it to tow a motorcycle trailer), was bought from the original owner in Germany earlier this year. I have most of the maintenance history. It is the only M5 Touring that I know of in Canada.

Car is getting the following done in the next few weeks:

- new waterpump
- new fan shroud
- plugs
- all filters and all fluids changed
- valve adjustment
- all vacuum hoses changed
- tranny mounts
- new swaybar endlink in the front

Car will be sold certified and e-tested. I will be asking $25k obo

If you can get one yourself for half price then go ahead, I don't need to know about it :)

PM if interested or e-mail 16vg60@gmail.com

Only picture I have of the car, while I was driving it around Europe earlier this year. The weather was crap so the car is really dirty.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/marekd174/IMG_0849.jpg

BigD
08-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Dude if this car is in remotely decent shape, 25k is WAY below what you should be asking. You'll probably get 35k US+ if you whore it around a bit. That's just about the rarest M5 you have there. There are only a handful of Daytona M5s, only a handful of 3.8's, and only a handful of E34 Tourings in North America... put that together and this is one seriously rare ass car.

marek
08-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Dude if this car is in remotely decent shape, 25k is WAY below what you should be asking. You'll probably get 35k US+ if you whore it around a bit. That's just about the rarest M5 you have there. There are only a handful of Daytona M5s, only a handful of 3.8's, and only a handful of E34 Tourings in North America... put that together and this is one seriously rare ass car.

The car is in really good shape, as it was owned by a childless and petless older couple.
The M5T can be sold to the US, but the buyer will have to spend about $10-$15k to convert it to be FMVSS and EPA compliant. The colour isn't that rare as I also have a '92 euro spec (3.8) in Daytona with the alcantara interior. That being said I think my price is fair and in line.

BigD
08-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Oh, if it's not federalized then 25k is reasonable. The first place you should post it is on bmwe34m5 on yahoo groups. It's by far the largest gathering of owners and people with the right money and appreciation for these cars look for them there.

marek
08-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I will post there, once the car gets the stuff I mentioned replaced and its properly detailed.
I thought I would give maxbimmer a try first with a feeler. :rolleyes:

BigD
08-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Bad idea. But, I suppose stranger things than broke dreamer kids buying a stock 15 year old station wagon for 25k have happened. :P

bmwm5lover
08-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Awesome car! good luck!

BigD
08-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Awesome car! good luck!

^^^ like him

propr'one
08-18-2007, 12:46 PM
and me.

Antz_Marchin
08-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow, that is damn sweet.

BigD
08-18-2007, 12:55 PM
and me.

Other than your nickname, you are not nearly as strange as Terry.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31905&stc=1&d=1077517941

marek
08-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Bad idea. But, I suppose stranger things than broke dreamer kids buying a stock 15 year old station wagon for 25k have happened. :P

My thoughts exactly, I just didn't want to say it out loud......but since you already mentioned it :)

bmwm5lover
08-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Anything wrong with me wishing him goodluck on selling his car as well as complimenting it?
Feel free to have my posts deleted if they are offensive.
Aside from the colour on the car, not a huge fan, this is something I'd give my first born for.

Eurostyle
08-18-2007, 03:01 PM
ROFL @ Terry's pic! I forgot about that one!

*th-up* *th-up* On the car, one rare find! Price is good for what it is...What other hand built, high performance station wagon can you buy???

marek
08-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Aside from the colour on the car, not a huge fan, this is something I'd give my first born for.

The colour was not my first choice, but when I was looking for one there wasn't much available and the condition and history of the car was just what I was looking for.

denisemichel
08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
would never pay that much cash for a 92*no-no* , add some cash and you can get a E39 M5:D

Eurostyle
08-18-2007, 07:20 PM
would never pay that much cash for a 92*no-no* , add some cash and you can get a E39 M5:D

Its like saying "i would never pay 15K for an E30 M3, i rather get an E36"...
They are not the same car. The E34 is much harder to find, and for those who know what they are looking for, the touring is SUPER rare! This in not a DD, but more of a collection piece. Not to mention that they were the last hand built M's...after that the E39 was made just like the others on the assembly line...

marek
08-18-2007, 08:29 PM

And so it begins!!! :rolleyes:

jameswbl
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
rare car...once again supply ad demand...

its worth as much as what the buyer is willing to pay...if you dont wanna pay premium for a rare car...go find your e39 on Trader...lol

BTW the rear end looks a bit sagging? and please clean the dirt off...=P

marek
08-18-2007, 11:05 PM
BTW the rear end looks a bit sagging? and please clean the dirt off...=P

It's not sagging, it is just sitting on very uneven ground. The pics were taken during my trip in Europe where it rained for most of the time, the car is very clean now.

13blackknight
08-19-2007, 10:02 AM
I'll trade you some old VW parts "straight up" I won't ask for extra cash :D .

seriously: Good luck with the sale, if a sell some cars I might come knocking on your door, my child would look great in the back.

denisemichel
08-19-2007, 10:26 AM
you'll probably find someone who's going to buy it, but im just saying that if it was me i wouldn't pay that much, and im sure alot of people wouldnt too, ok i know its rare and all that, but still its just too much, good luck with your sale.

13blackknight
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
you'll probably find someone who's going to buy it, but im just saying that if it was me i wouldn't pay that much, and im sure alot of people wouldnt too, ok i know its rare and all that, but still its just too much, good luck with your sale.

Why even post your negative comments "but im just saying that if it was me i wouldn't pay that much, and im sure alot of people wouldnt too" Do you work for BMW Canada? or a national survey company and you've come to Maxbimmer to enlighten the rest of us!*th-up*

325isRED
08-19-2007, 11:09 AM
That is an awesome car! Two rare M5's on the board right now... **** I wish i was able to collect!!

AceOfSpades
08-19-2007, 11:33 AM
*mw* *mw* *mw*

marek
08-19-2007, 12:08 PM
That is an awesome car! Two rare M5's on the board right now... **** I wish i was able to collect!!

I also have a '92 3.8 M5 sedan in Daytona violett with alcantara interior that I might be tempted to sell as well.

static
08-19-2007, 02:57 PM
And so it begins!!! :rolleyes:

post it on bmwclub.ca if you want to sell it for what it's really worth

Alex

bmwm5lover
08-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Says the guy with the cheapo rims on his run of the mill 5.