PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Silver (color 354) paint subsitute?

Rockblock
08-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Folks, I'm trying to find an equivalent paint spray (closest match) to the 354 color...eLuka has a very small spray, I would need about 3 x as much, but don't feel like paying $100 for the sum...VW, Nissan, GM, Honda all come in big spray sizes and go for ~ $10-15/can...with so many silver shades out there, I was wondering if anyone knows of an equivalent color (closest match) that I can use instead of the BMW 354 (I have to paint the side lower carbon fiber rail, so shade differences won't be that visible)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

HoldenC
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
The best solution is to go to your favourite body shop and have them mix up a can for you. They'll even put in it an aerosol can for you, if you so desire.

It's not a great idea to go for a near-match.

Rockblock
08-14-2007, 11:37 PM
The best solution is to go to your favourite body shop and have them mix up a can for you. They'll even put in it an aerosol can for you, if you so desire.

Holden, thx for the tip...sorry, I haven't used any body shops before, so I'm not sure how they would do it...would most paint shops have this paint, or would they know how to get the mix by just giving them the code? Thx for your help !

Marky_mark
08-15-2007, 02:45 AM
You can get the 354 paint in a spray can from the BMW dealer you might have to order it but I know you can get it in a spry can from BMW

Rockblock
08-15-2007, 05:50 PM
You can get the 354 paint in a spray can from the BMW dealer you might have to order it but I know you can get it in a spry can from BMW

Called Parkview, Twn & Ctry...they just have the stick for $20

Rockblock
08-15-2007, 06:13 PM

Solved with Napa Pickering: they'll mix 16 oz. cans ($30 for paint & $15 for clear coat)

Thx for your advise !

summit425
08-16-2007, 12:49 AM
wait... I left an answer e46toronto.ca... go check your thread there...

Rockblock
08-16-2007, 02:35 PM
wait... I left an answer e46toronto.ca... go check your thread there...
got it...will check them out. Thx man !

HoldenC
08-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Solved with Napa Pickering: they'll mix 16 oz. cans ($30 for paint & $15 for clear coat)

Thx for your advise !

Many bodyshops use UAP NAPA to mix paint. It's a good choice. Not enough of their locations deal with paint, however.

Vicman17
08-22-2007, 04:46 AM
Good body shops also have a color scanner. The scanner matches the current shade of the car and mixes the color according to that. Remember that the color fades after being exposed to the elements and the premixed paints and touchups matches a freshly delivered paint and not a weathered one.