PDA

View Full Version : friggin clutch? tranny?

El Gato Liso
08-12-2007, 04:14 PM
my motor turns on fine, its great

now its the transmission i have major concern over

sometimes changing gears is easy, and sometimes hard as shit

like from putting it into reverse, i have to push real damn up for it to go into gear even while having the clutch all the way down, and sometimes its the opposite like putting it into and out of reverse is easy.

this problem is also not just reverse but 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th as well

now honestly i can only think this
my clutch is going
or
the clutch master cylinder isnt building enough pressure to fully depress the clutch

Slowered318
08-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Do you hear any strange noise? Does your clutch slip when your in gear and stand on the throttle? Have you had any service done lately or done some very hard driving? What kinda shape is your shift linkage?

I've never heard of any real problems with E30 tranny below the 300,000 km mark.

I have a almost new clutch/springs and a refinished (lightened) flywheel If you find that to be the problem :)

El Gato Liso
08-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Do you hear any strange noise? Nope
Does your clutch slip when your in gear and stand on the throttle? i dont know what it feels like for a clutch to slip, nor do i know hwo to tell.
Have you had any service done lately or done some very hard driving? ya, a DYI service i change rear bearings new handbrake cables new parking brake hardware new rear brake line. and no no hard driving.
What kinda shape is your shift linkage? is that the actual shifter itself?

I've never heard of any real problems with E30 tranny below the 300,000 km mark.

I have a almost new clutch/springs and a refinished (lightened) flywheel If you find that to be the problem :)

328IScreamer
08-13-2007, 12:31 AM
if you want to tell if your clutch is slipping put your car into a higher gear and give er
if your clutch doesn't grap.....ie your rpms shoot up but you don't go anywhere then it is slipping