PDA

View Full Version : Cops and radar

automadness
08-12-2007, 01:11 PM
I just got back from Italy and i was there for the last month and i noticed that 95% of the cars that pass you will flash you if there is a radar trap up ahead or a spot check. Here in this country no one warns eachother of radar up ahead. we should be more like the europeans and warn eachother about these things...

AMG_POWER
08-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I just got back from Italy and i was there for the last month and i noticed that 95% of the cars that pass you will flash you if there is a radar trap up ahead or a spot check. Here in this country no one warns eachother of radar up ahead. we should be more like the europeans and warn eachother about these things...

Its all around europe like that... I think Russians invented that tho.... I flash whenever i see cops with radar but i think people dont get it in Canada.

AMG_POWER
08-12-2007, 01:31 PM

Its all around europe like that... I think Russians invented that tho.... I flash whenever i see cops with radar but i think people dont get it in Canada.

Souvrain
08-12-2007, 01:37 PM
hey move in Québec boy ! haha evryone warns you up here

Quack
08-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I see people do that all the time here in Canada.

El Gato Liso
08-12-2007, 01:40 PM

i've known this for years.
in jamaica it is done all the time and i've picked up that method of warning other ppl of the popos. even before i started driving here my mom and dad told me to watch for ppl in the opposite direction flashing dem high beams on you. even has teenagers growing up they did it and tat was 20 some odd years ago!

it pisses me off here because when i do it, ppl either look at me stupid, or give me the finger. it is ashame ppl can just think. why would u have ppl flashing high beams for? obviously something is up.

SO FYI
if someone flashes high beams at you it either means
-you're being flipped off
-you're being warned about the police ahead!!!

automadness
08-12-2007, 02:05 PM
ya i know people do it here but how many actually do it in europe all of the hwy 400 would be flashing you as your approaching radar here out of 100 cars your lucky if one does

Dr. Flyview
08-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Yea I hate this about Canada too. But hey another question, is it true that if you flash your high beams at a red light it turns green!? Some friends told me this last night and I was just like :eek: how did I not know about this?

spoony_prelude
08-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Yea I hate this about Canada too. But hey another question, is it true that if you flash your high beams at a red light it turns green!? Some friends told me this last night and I was just like :eek: how did I not know about this?

ya its true, but it has to be a newer style light because its used for emergency vehicles, once they approach an intersection it makes the lights change in their favour, if u get caught doing it though i heard u get a pretty nasty fine!

and i usually stick my hand out the window and wave it up and down to try and get people to slow down, i figure that works better then flashing high beams, since like it was said, most people have no idea what that means!

AMG_POWER
08-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I heard if you do a donut in the middle of the intersection it turns green too.... :D

All lies man.

Souvrain
08-12-2007, 04:40 PM
yeah if you drink enought it turns green to man

AceOfSpades
08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
i always flash my lights to other drivers when i see a speed trap.
one day did that...which saved my ass
another time, i flashed my lights to a speeding sports car and he slowed down. i'm sure i save his ass as well

dropped_E30
08-12-2007, 05:44 PM

you'd have to flash your high beams pretty rapidly, like at the speed at which the lights of emergency vehicles flash which is like 150x per second....i tried it once, didnt work lol...

as for flashing high beams to warn of speed traps, i do notice people doing it here, especially on eglinton where there's a ton of known speed traps. i do it when there is oncoming traffic approaching travelling at a general speed, but if i see some guy comin at the speed trap doin like 40 km+ over, i dont bother cuz he deserves to get caught in my opinion

denisemichel
08-12-2007, 07:11 PM
i hate cops on radars!!!!!!!!

AceOfSpades
08-12-2007, 07:59 PM
yeah if you drink enought it turns green to man
LMFAO!!:D :D

IChopCars
08-12-2007, 09:38 PM
i used to do it but my DRL/highbeams are disconnected now.....

once i saw a lowered e46 speeding and i highbeamed him to warn him about the radar...he thought i was saying ''whats up'' or something because he sped up and i saw him get pulled over in my rear view....oh well, i tried

BimmerboyPH
08-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I really wish Canadians would do this. Today on our way up to mosport i was doing about 120 in a 90 zone. Luckily I saw what looked like a cop behind some bushes in the distance. I imediatly slowed down, and as we passed i saw he was doin some paper work and didnt have the radar out, thank god!

A little warning like that would make spirited driving in the country sooooo much better.

mikeski
08-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I've noticed in Poland people either will high beam to warn you of cops or with there index finger draw a circle around their rear view mirror

dropped_E30
08-12-2007, 11:51 PM
wat happens if you highbeam oncoming traffic to warn them of a radar trap, but one of the oncoming cars is an undercover cop? cant he pull you over and charge you with "obstruction of justice" or some crap?

someguy
08-13-2007, 02:35 AM
i do it for others, but i usually dont see others doing it

Boots R
08-13-2007, 03:01 AM
lol your friends are the type of people I always see... rolling up late at night to a red light, furiously flashing their highbeams, hoping to hit the green light.

There's no way they can flash it at the speed the sensor needs to trigger the green light, if the intersection is even equipped with a sensor. It's better to invest in a MIRT. http://www.themirt.com/ Although, I wouldn't advise getting caught with one. *no-no*

wat happens if you highbeam oncoming traffic to warn them of a radar trap, but one of the oncoming cars is an undercover cop? cant he pull you over and charge you with "obstruction of justice" or some crap?
Yes.

Darkness95m3
08-13-2007, 04:52 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I see people do that all the time here in Canada.

I do it all the time.
I have seen people flash me and within a few Km there he was.

5JABIJ8
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
i do it for others, but i usually dont see others doing it

+1 same here man.. I always warn people but never get the favour returned.. I think I might stop doing.. if the Mofo is stupid enough to be going fast then FU*&K It he or she deserve it..... *th-up*

StikiGreenZ
08-13-2007, 10:28 AM

agreed. seen it lots of times. I do it myself. I got pulled over for doing it once because there was another speedtrap on my side up ahead and the cop caught me... You can get charged for obstruction of justice or something like that. I just said my headlight switch must be broken and got a improper headlight ticket :D

Dr. Flyview
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
agreed. seen it lots of times. I do it myself. I got pulled over for doing it once because there was another speedtrap on my side up ahead and the cop caught me... You can get charged for obstruction of justice or something like that. I just said my headlight switch must be broken and got a improper headlight ticket :D

omfg are you serious. ****ing pigs! Shoulda told them you had a spasm or were trying to figure out how to dim your inner lights and you thought it was around that same switch or something.

StikiGreenZ
08-13-2007, 04:18 PM
thats ok, i fought the ticket and won.

Axxe
08-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Lol, you can plee "freedom of information" or that someone was driving with highbeams on going the other way.

IChopCars
08-13-2007, 09:16 PM
^^ true....if ever got caught doing it id just say "there was a guy with his headlights off...just trying to keep the roads safe...............as$hole"

Bartacus
08-14-2007, 08:27 AM
They do this in Nova Scotia all the time. French people do it too. I got flashed in Crysler, didn't know why, and right around the corner were 2 cops on a RIDE program.

Bart

Boots R
08-14-2007, 09:37 AM
They do this in Nova Scotia all the time. French people do it too. I got flashed in Crysler, didn't know why, and right around the corner were 2 cops on a RIDE program.

Bart
Ah shit, I don't agree with people flashing others to warn them about RIDE programs. I don't feel like dying, because some drunk avoided a spot check, thanks to a "helpful" driver, and T-boned me in an intersection.

I've been T-Boned before. It's not fun, and it hurts like a bitch.

Bartacus
08-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Ah shit, I don't agree with people flashing others to warn them about RIDE programs. I don't feel like dying, because some drunk avoided a spot check, thanks to a "helpful" driver, and T-boned me in an intersection.

I've been T-Boned before. It's not fun, and it hurts like a bitch.
Yeah, I can understand that. I don't mind general cop warnings though, even though I *usually* never have anything to worry about (don't DUI, always wear seatbelts, etc). I just wish people would do this in regards to speed traps. I'd LOVE to have advance warnings on the 417 or 401. One of these days, I'm gonna get nailed at 140+ and its gonna hurt.

Bart

Boots R
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I can understand that. I don't mind general cop warnings though, even though I *usually* never have anything to worry about (don't DUI, always wear seatbelts, etc). I just wish people would do this in regards to speed traps. I'd LOVE to have advance warnings on the 417 or 401. One of these days, I'm gonna get nailed at 140+ and its gonna hurt.

Bart

I don't mind general warnings either. I never get them though. Then again, I never see cops doing radar. 2 weeks ago, someone warned me when I was driving on 118 up north, but before then I haven't been warned since I started driving.

Maybe Brampton drivers are just stuck-up dickheads, or don't understand the concept. Brampton is so horrible for driving, i'd rather give mysef AIDS than drive around with these idiots. No one understands the rules of the road. The fastest lane in Brampton is the right lane. If someone is going 105 in the fast lane, and i'm high-beaming them to move over... it takes them 10 minutes to get the hint, and then they proceed to flip me off like i'm in the wrong! :(

Bartacus
08-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Maybe Brampton drivers are just stuck-up dickheads, or don't understand the concept. Brampton is so horrible for driving, i'd rather give mysef AIDS than drive around with these idiots. No one understands the rules of the road. The fastest lane in Brampton is the right lane. If someone is going 105 in the fast lane, and i'm high-beaming them to move over... it takes them 10 minutes to get the hint, and then they proceed to flip me off like i'm in the wrong! :(
You just described Ottawa to a tee. :) People are so stuck up here that your LUCKY if they even LOOK in the rear view mirror. One thing I do notice is that since I got Projector46 headlights (with the built in DDEs), people seem to notice me quicker and *most* move out of the way. I've gotten into the habit of waving "thank you" at everyone who moves over. Hopefully they'll appreciate it and keep up the good habit of vacating the passing lane. It all comes down to simple MANNERS. Lane hogs are just rude people, most likely rude even when they're NOT behind the wheel. People in Ottawa are like that. They never hold doors open for people, etc. Even at Christmas time. I've lost count of how many times I've seen people let a mall door close in the face of someone with 2 arms full of gifts, never even looking behind them as they let the door close. Back home in Cape Breton, this shit NEVER happens. I miss the politeness of back home some days. Manners ****ing count!! :)

Bart

5JABIJ8
08-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't mind general warnings either. I never get them though. Then again, I never see cops doing radar. 2 weeks ago, someone warned me when I was driving on 118 up north, but before then I haven't been warned since I started driving.

I hear that people just don;t understand LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING or AKA the "FAST LANE".. Hense why the 410 North is always JAMMED....... DUMB ignorant people that refuse to move over...

panoptio
08-14-2007, 03:21 PM
So true. I hate ****ers doing 105 in the left lane while the right lane is going the same speed as him than when you high beam them to move over they flip you off or not notice you. But i solved that problem rather quick. Quad projectors with hid DRL's as well as hid fogs. It emits enough light to set is slow ass car on fire. People tend to move rather quick. And if they really piss me off i turn on the hid highbeams :D

Bartacus
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM
So true. I hate ****ers doing 105 in the left lane while the right lane is going the same speed as him than when you high beam them to move over they flip you off or not notice you. But i solved that problem rather quick. Quad projectors with hid DRL's as well as hid fogs. It emits enough light to set is slow ass car on fire. People tend to move rather quick. And if they really piss me off i turn on the hid highbeams :D
SWEET!! So you can burn out their retinas. AWESOME!! :D Thats a crazy setup!

Bart

panoptio
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM
hahahahahahaha pretty much. I only run single at night in the city. All of them only if i am out of the city on dark roads but i comes in handy with the assholes.

Axxe
08-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I have started using the much ruder method of turning on my left turn signal in the left lane while flashing the high beams. People still don't get it.

Boots R
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I have started using the much ruder method of turning on my left turn signal in the left lane while flashing the high beams. People still don't get it.
A few times i've shoulder-passed.

Redster
08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
I do the same but not many people get it. Whenever someone does get it they wave back. People who warn like that saved my ass a few times :)

King Luis
08-15-2007, 02:00 PM
on the mountain and curvy/blind roads in europe people flash their lights at night and honk their horn during the day. so if they see lights shine or hear another horn, they'll both slow down and move over. otherwise they just go with caution.

craigIS
08-17-2007, 12:41 PM

the under cover mightpull you over for flashing your high beams, my dada got stopped and ticketed for that once. appearently its illegal (pro;;y has something to do with the lights being bright and flashing at the same time like a cop)

automadness
08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
ya in italy on the hwy i was doin 160 and saw some guy approaching from like 1 km away and he already started to flash me its ****en awsome driving there everyone is flying next time i think i got to rent a bmw though not the fiat i had