PDA

View Full Version : need your opinion (more inside)

Derek330xi
02-07-2002, 01:55 PM
i can only get either a m-technik bumper or 18" m5 replica rims. this is what i think but can't decide which to get. the bumper will definaltly change the look of my car since it will get rid of those tiny fog lights on my car. but it doesn't really do anything else and spending over $1000 seems like waste of money just to change the look of the front. the 18" m5 replica will not only change the look but actually give me more grip and i can get some better tires too while i am at it. but really like the aggressive look the mtechnik bumper will give me car. i can't decide :( please help!!!

Carlo
02-07-2002, 02:20 PM
I hope your not paying $1000 for a front m-Tech bumper!!!!! *no-no*

djcontra
02-07-2002, 03:07 PM
can i have your foglights if you go that route?
i want ellipsoid fogs for a conversion i'm doing

AzN_E46
02-08-2002, 11:42 AM
i think the m-tech bumper for some cheap price......m5 rims don't really look good in the 3...im not sure bout your 2002 model tho. they looked pretty nice on the old 7s.

Bliss
02-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Well, since you don't have rims yet, and the wheels on the car make the car, i would go for the wheels. The front bumper is really nice but still...i think i would take the wheels over it. It's a hard choice. Either one you pick is a good choice i think...Good Luck.

djbeemer
02-08-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
can i have your foglights if you go that route?
i want ellipsoid fogs for a conversion i'm doing

i have original e46 (yes e46 not e36) m3 halo fog lights in my bumper :D

as for what you should do... id go with the rims.. rims change the
look of the car so much more than a bumper

330DTM
02-08-2002, 08:41 PM
well since you have an xi, I think changing the rims + tires will only help so much. If you get the replica rims, aren't they pretty heavy then, being that they are replica's? Or am I wrong guys/gals? I'm assuming you will be getting summer tires right? Well I'm sure some summer rubbers will help, but not as significantly as stiffer springs. And esp. the ride height of your car, it might look a bit funny w/18" rims + stock XI height. And even if you get 18" rims, won't it sort of increase the overall diamater of the whole wheel a bit thus making your car a bit taller? Unless you plan to lower your car soon :P

I'm not trying to shut you down if you got that impression. I'm just giving you some suggestions on how to help make your decision as in if you want the rims or front bumper.

The front bumper is a nice item, but like you said, $1000 just for one change on the overall front.

I think planning ahead, as in what else you would like to do to your car, will definitely help you make your decision :)