PDA

View Full Version : Capacitors accucap?

Nascar318is
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I can get a Accucap 1 farad for $80 with digital display etc.. is it worth it? Looked on ebay and can't find one, so I guess I'll lean in another direction. Any recomendations?

Absolute
Pyramid
Legacy
Soundstream
Hooker
Pyle
Stinger

Thanks

328IScreamer
08-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I have a 5 ferad (overkill i know) lanzar cap which has bin amazing. Out of the companies you listed I have only ever seen stinger caps. They seem to be pretty common because future shop sells them at a decent price and they seem to be pretty decent.

kurupt_k
08-12-2007, 08:24 AM
i have a 5 farad stinger hpm cap for sale, it works amazing. and i also have a db audio 1 farad which works well on smaller setups. pm me if your interested

6cylinder
08-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Just installed mine, Got it at cash converters new. Whole kit 65$... Works awsome and by fluke after the install, I have a heads up display in the rear view mirror of display and leds...

tominizer
08-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Why do you need a cap ?!??!?!? Your head lights dimming??? That's about all it's good for. IF it's for the audio system, you should be looking at your battery or your charging system. Cap does absolutely dick.

328IScreamer
08-17-2007, 04:04 PM
cap does alot....it annoys the hell outta me when everything dims also yur batter dies slower if you play yur system with the car off
also looks cool lol

tominizer
08-20-2007, 10:13 AM
A cap discharges sooo fast, how is it helping if your car is turned off ?? How is it recharging ???!?

Cool-ness....... ok, you can have that one. IF that's the case though, you need to get the block version..... with the dancing lights, 14 displays....... and it makes Italiano sang-wiches and expresso too !!! :D

328IScreamer
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
i think my system is a little to powerfull now actually.....i have dimming light syndrom again since i turned my amp up lol, cap it going down into low 12s which is why. I can't help but wonder what my car would be doing without the cap????
i have to think it's pretty usefull cause without it i'd have some pretty major power drainage and my alternator would not be able to keep up

tominizer
08-23-2007, 08:25 AM
A cap actually discharges very fast and then becomes a drain on the charging system to re-charge. Anyways, I'm not going to say anymore on this. Caps are cool I guess in some manner.......... and if it turns your crank........... it's all good. It's your money.

328IScreamer
08-23-2007, 08:56 AM
so it sounds like you know yur stuff.......even though that maybe the case I still have a hard time believing that a cap actually harms your system? and recharging capabilities?

INFAMOU$
08-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Solution to all of this: ==> Optima Yellow Top.