PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate wiper blades problem

Redster
08-09-2007, 04:13 PM
For some reason my wiper blades sometimes just stop working. In most cases washer fluid pump works fine. I checked the fuse and it's good. After I restart the car a few times they usually start working again (sometimes 2-3 restarts, sometimes I have to wait 10-15 minutes).

Is there something that can be causing this intermediate problem, maybe something common?

Once think I though of was loose connection somewhere around the steering wheel, because it moves up-down..just a guess. Maybe a relay somewhere?

M3ti Compact
08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
wow engRish

Redster
08-09-2007, 10:45 PM
wow engRish

What?

flawless528
08-09-2007, 11:18 PM
What?

oh don't worry, it's just a chubby 'pillipino' making fun of your english. :rolleyes: .

Redster
08-09-2007, 11:59 PM
oh don't worry, it's just a chubby 'pillipino' making fun of your english. :rolleyes: .

Typing in the car was never my strength.. :D

Redster
08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
I guess it's not a common thing..

Redster
08-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Looks like not many people have this problem...at least nobody I talked to..weird :)

BMW03
08-21-2007, 12:59 AM
I have the same problem but don't know the solution...........

BMW03
08-21-2007, 12:59 AM
I think it is a relay, one of my main relays went out about 3 months ago, and it took a place 300 dollars to find that out.

Redster
08-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Is there just one relay for this, so I can just replace it or..?

v_bimmer
08-21-2007, 04:24 PM
For some reason my wiper blades sometimes just stop working. In most cases washer fluid pump works fine. I checked the fuse and it's good. After I restart the car a few times they usually start working again (sometimes 2-3 restarts, sometimes I have to wait 10-15 minutes).

Is there something that can be causing this intermediate problem, maybe something common?

Once think I though of was loose connection somewhere around the steering wheel, because it moves up-down..just a guess. Maybe a relay somewhere?

have the same problem but mine is not as bad is yours, when the rain is heavy then they work fine, when im at the light they cant work constantly, and when its at a light rain, the option with the blades wiping constantly does not work, they work with the little break!! ITS WIERD, sorry for rant, and yeah i dont know how to fix it!!

StikiGreenZ
08-21-2007, 04:40 PM
when im at the light they cant work constantly, and when its at a light rain, the option with the blades wiping constantly does not work, they work with the little break!! ITS WIERD, sorry for rant, and yeah i dont know how to fix it!!

The computer adds in a delay when you're at a light. Wipers don't work constantly unless in high-speed mode at a light. It's to protect your blades from scraping when you're stopped (because the rain is usually not as hard when you're stopped (i.e. wind, etc...)).

v_bimmer
08-21-2007, 10:49 PM
The computer adds in a delay when you're at a light. Wipers don't work constantly unless in high-speed mode at a light. It's to protect your blades from scraping when you're stopped (because the rain is usually not as hard when you're stopped (i.e. wind, etc...)).

are you serious???? its actually supposed to be like that??? i never knew that my e36 is so smart!!!

Redster
08-21-2007, 11:56 PM
are you serious???? its actually supposed to be like that??? i never knew that my e36 is so smart!!!

Not sure about e36 but e39 does that. Unless the wipers are on highest speed every time you stop they will slow down/stop for a few seconds.

DunDan
08-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes the e36 does that as well. The car is smarter than you!